College Students Turn to Paganism

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

With the country's percentage of Christians dropping, so many are growing up in a family with no religious convictions.  So these youngsters are easy targets for Paganism.  To repeat what I've posted before, the less Christians we have, the more depraved we become as a nation.  The devil is having a field day.

This is from an article in 2008

n Colorado, Pew estimated the percentage of Wiccans, pagans, Unitarians and those espousing other New Age faiths to be about twice the national figure, which could mean a statewide neopagan figure in the tens of thousands.

Brennan, a credentialed Wiccan minister with the Denver-based Alexandria Temple & Academy, sees a strong local trend in people self-identifying as generic pagan.

Brennan said neopagans generally prefer to experience spirituality firsthand rather than adhere to authoritarian dogma. She describes a typical neopagan as having reverence for nature, seeing it as a manifestation of the divine.

Many neopagans are polytheistic, worshiping gods and goddesses.

They generally believe worship of God as father without worship of Goddess as mother is a serious imbalance in the natural order of things. Yet generalizing can be dangerous, even within sects.

“You’ll get no agreement on how Wiccans see God — or Goddess,” Brennan said. “In Wicca, there is no ‘you have to’ and ‘you can’t.’ There is no orthodoxy.”

6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

This is from an article in 2008

n Colorado, Pew estimated the percentage of Wiccans, pagans, Unitarians and those espousing other New Age faiths to be about twice the national figure, which could mean a statewide neopagan figure in the tens of thousands.

Brennan, a credentialed Wiccan minister with the Denver-based Alexandria Temple & Academy, sees a strong local trend in people self-identifying as generic pagan.

Brennan said neopagans generally prefer to experience spirituality firsthand rather than adhere to authoritarian dogma. She describes a typical neopagan as having reverence for nature, seeing it as a manifestation of the divine.

Many neopagans are polytheistic, worshiping gods and goddesses.

They generally believe worship of God as father without worship of Goddess as mother is a serious imbalance in the natural order of things. Yet generalizing can be dangerous, even within sects.

“You’ll get no agreement on how Wiccans see God — or Goddess,” Brennan said. “In Wicca, there is no ‘you have to’ and ‘you can’t.’ There is no orthodoxy.”

I'd say in wicca, there is no God.

Baptized paganism permeates most churches these days.  Xmas is pagan. It has its origins int he worship of Nimrod and his son Tammouz.  The birth of Jesus can be found in the bible, but it doesn't say when. Dec 25th is a man made false day of celebration, derived directly from the pagans.

Easter is the same.

Sunday worship is pagan.  that's why they call it "sun" day.  The worship of the sun is a major practice among pagans.  Sunday is not the sabbath.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:12 PM, Kountzer said:

Baptized paganism permeates most churches these days.  Xmas is pagan. It has its origins int he worship of Nimrod and his son Tammouz.  The birth of Jesus can be found in the bible, but it doesn't say when. Dec 25th is a man made false day of celebration, derived directly from the pagans.

Easter is the same.

Sunday worship is pagan.  that's why they call it "sun" day.  The worship of the sun is a major practice among pagans.  Sunday is not the sabbath.

Many years ago, a guy told me something I've never heard since.  The Christian army is the only army that celebrates its losses.  Sadly it's true.  I'd hope by now we'd (denominations) be closer, but I fear that's not the case.  For example:  The Catholic Priest takes all the Parishes money - the other denominations smile and say, what did you expect.  Durn Catholics.  Married Baptist Choir director has an affair with lady in choir - other denominations same response.  Durn Baptist.  Could go on, but you get the picture.  Most feel glee, when in reality, as Christians, we should feel sad & pray for them.  We Christians need to unite, if not in specific beliefs, at least in spirit.  When at Church, I constantly pray for all our denominations and Christian Brothers to strengthen their faith.  If there's ever a war between good and evil, I won't care what denomination the person by my side is, only that he or she has given their heart to Jesus Christ.

I get that warm & fuzzy good feeling when the holidays roll around but I still believe they are of pagan origin. If it is in the bible I believe it.  The gospel is in the bible.  The story of Jesus miraculous birth is in the bible.  But the bible does not set a date.  God in his infinite knowledge & wisdom did that for a reason.  He knew that is he set a date of his birth people would worship the date instead of worshipping him.  So the devil, through paganism, set a fake date instead.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2017 at 6:06 AM, Kountzer said:

I get that warm & fuzzy good feeling when the holidays roll around but I still believe they are of pagan origin. If it is in the bible I believe it.  The gospel is in the bible.  The story of Jesus miraculous birth is in the bible.  But the bible does not set a date.  God in his infinite knowledge & wisdom did that for a reason.  He knew that is he set a date of his birth people would worship the date instead of worshipping him.  

100 agree with this part.