CFP Play-Off Rankings/Scenarios

NDFan09

2 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Considering they whipped Ohio St in Columbus, I guess the Buckeyes at 6 is a bigger joke.  

Beating Ohio state at the shoe..good win

Losing to Iowa State at the time..bad loss

Close wins over 4-4 Texas and O-8 Baylor not very impressive.

I really don't understand what all goes into the committees thought process.

At this stage it doesn't matter and is just for conversation. All will change in the weeks to come.

Iowa State, having lost only to Iowa in OT and Texas, will have a great opportunity to play for the Big XII championship. Wouldn't that be something. At the time they beat OU, they weren't ranked. So I consider that a bad loss for the Sooners. Now that the cyclones have toppled TCU, and are on the rise, those losses won't be considered a bad loss. Hopefully Texas will be back on top before much longer which will greatly improve my health and disposition. 

I agree with you on Troy State and their HC victory over LSU, which was a victory over the sec!

1 hour ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Iowa State, having lost only to Iowa in OT and Texas, will have a great opportunity to play for the Big XII championship. Wouldn't that be something. At the time they beat OU, they weren't ranked. So I consider that a bad loss for the Sooners. Now that the cyclones have toppled TCU, and are on the rise, those losses won't be considered a bad loss. Hopefully Texas will be back on top before much longer which will greatly improve my health and disposition. 

I agree with you on Troy State and their HC victory over LSU, which was a victory over the sec!

Now let’s not discount Troy St.  Just because they lost the following week to South Alabama (in their first season playing football again after an extended absence), doesn’t mean those Trojans can’t play ball.  In fact, their defense is very prophylactic...

I thought it was all about the conference with you SEC goobs.  If so, Big 10 > Sun Belt.  Although based on this year with Troy and ULaLa, it appears the Sunny Belt matches up pretty favorably with the SECond to many conference. But the bright side is you all have two jocks to ride this year instead of one, thanks to Kirby and Georgia.  So it shouldn’t be nearly as smelly as usual.  HTH. 

27 minutes ago, team first said:

I will repost it for you since you say second to many 

SECond to Troy/Sun Belt.  And obviously the Big 10   And I guess the ACC since Clemson is the reigning champ that beat the team none of us other low hanging conference fruit can beat.  And maybe the Big 12 since they have 4 of the top 15 vs our 3.  But that’s it.  SECond to only those   And no more!

For once I couldn’t agree more...

• 2 weeks later...

King your correct the ACC championship game if it plays out like it should it's a playoff game... I'll b pulling hard for your Canes!

Bama and Auburn game will b a playoff game as well could the SEC championship matchup against Georgia! Good thing the SEC is so down this year if it was in the cellar like everyone thinks then Auburn wouldn't have a snow ball chance in hell to make playoffs...

But:

Auburn did knock off #1 Georgia and has a chance to knock of #1 Bama but if so and if that happens they will still have to win SEC Championship against a 1 lose Georgia team unless Georgia Tech ACC takes Dawgs out....?

Bama and Auburn playoffs start 25th of Nov. and winner gets the grand prize of playing Georgia...  Meanwhile back at the farm OU only has to worry with Kansas and West Virginia and know conference championship game isn't life easy!!!

9 minutes ago, LocknLoad said:

King your correct the ACC championship game if it plays out like it should it's a playoff game... I'll b pulling hard for your Canes!

Bama and Auburn game will b a playoff game as well could the SEC championship matchup against Georgia! Good thing the SEC is so down this year if it was in the cellar like everyone thinks then Auburn wouldn't have a snow ball chance in hell to make playoffs...

But:

Auburn did knock off #1 Georgia and has a chance to knock of #1 Bama but if so and if that happens they will still have to win SEC Championship against a 1 lose Georgia team unless Georgia Tech ACC takes Dawgs out....?

Bama and Auburn playoffs start 25th of Nov. and winner gets the grand prize of playing Georgia...  Meanwhile back at the farm OU only has to worry with Kansas and West Virginia and know conference championship game isn't life easy!!!

Don’t speak the truth to them, they not going like it.