WOSGRAD

EAGLEFOREVER

5 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Everybody can think what they want to about WOSGRAD (he has an opinion too), but he needs to be thanked for all the time he puts in here.

You folks really don't understand how much time and effort he puts into this site. No doubt that he makes this place what it is.

You simply can't thank him enough. I have tried.

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My only knock on him is that he's a Mustang alum.  Grad would've mad an excellent Jag, I'm telling you.  Lol

Not sure he would have made a good Jag... He is used to winning.......... Good Job Grad you put in the work to make this place worth coming back to.... Hats off to you.....

WOSGrad has always been an all-around good guy. I've known him since high school. He's a good fit here as a moderator and a point man in making this site accessible and enjoyable for all SETX sports fans. It's a thankless job that requires more time than most people are aware of. Keep up the good work, Warden. 

Well, now that I finally have come out of a busy period.  I just wanted to respond and thank all of you for the very kind words. 

But in reality there are many factors aside from me that make this board what it is. 

First, I have an awesome board owner in Jordan Wilson, who, sometimes foolishly so (LOL!) gives me free reign on the board.

First, a have an awesome partner in crime in AggiesAreWe that is always there late at night to help me close out the particular task I am working on.  I have mods that are able to help with the same.

Second, I happen to be in an area where we have coaches who, even though they are under absolutely no obligation to do so, will provide information I request of them in a matter of minutes.  So I ask of you when you wish to criticize them, be mindful of the information that they as a whole provide to me.....and ultimately to you.

Third, a believe this board is what it is because of you all contribute.  Personally, I think this board is at it's best when all of us are contributing and you have certainly satisfied that.  I might not agree with the contribution and when I don't, I will sure let you know.  Yet, it is still welcomed.

And finally, I have a saint of a wife who knows that on the weekend, my presence is only physical.  However, don't weep for her as she finds ways for me to make amends for it!

Now, as to what seems a burning question for some, "How does he find the time to do this?"

What I am about to reveal is known to the staff and some of the Mustang fans.  In March of 2014, a previously diagnosed condition of congestive heart failure had progressed to the point to where I was hospitalized and ultimately placed on both heart and kidney transplant lists.  I was hospitalized for just short of 3 months as I was placed on a left ventricular assistance device (LVAD).......some call it a heart pump.....I lovingly refer to it as "my little buddy."  Some who know former Silsbee and A&M star William Morrisey are familiar with this.  In fact, Moe and I go to the same doctor in Houston.  The LVAD helps me live a normal life and I am currently not in grave danger.  But my condition makes a work day impossible until I get the two transplants above and perhaps even after that.

So absent a work day, devoting my time to the site helps pass the time until I "get the call" and hurriedly rush to Houston.  Given that this board has to do with high school sports which remains in my mind the purest level of sport, it is a labor of love.

That it is appreciated certainly doesn't hurt.  I will do my best as my physical condition allows. 

Now, enough of this, I am busy.  Off to get more stats...no more basketball schedules.......no more football playoff scenarios....no volleyball playoff schedules........What!? Soccer season is almost here!? Sigh!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Thanks for sharing that personal information.  I will have you in my prayers.  You're close to being irreplaceable.  Probably not that many willing to put in the time and effort you do, with your class and tact.  just ain't that many WOSgrads around :) 

Thank you.