PN-G's Preston Riggs

RoschonsBigBro

54 minutes ago, hookem14 said:

I know of two PN-G players that were offered college football scholarships just last week, (Other than RJ). Just because it’s not being broadcast all over the place, doesn’t mean it’s not happening!

And what would be the point of keeping that a secret?

9 minutes ago, PAT said:

And what would be the point of keeping that a secret?

3 minutes ago, hookem14 said:

What would be the point of telling? Doesn’t matter other than to those players and their families!

Both players made public announcements on their social media. So they did put the info out for all to see and know, but it just went under the radar.

Hughes and Hebert. Both well deserving.

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Did a little research.  It's obvious that either somwone  in the Riggs household or Riggs himself care more about fútbol than football.

Those of us closer to the situation have known that for a while. I have never heard of it slowing down offers though. Many setx athletes are dual sport players and receive attention in both. Riggs led 22-5a in goals scored and was head and shoulders better than the kids in soccer. Regardless of what he chooses, I still think he deserves the acknowledgment 

3 hours ago, NDNation said:

What big names can Lamar get? None. Riggs would be a good addition. 

They probably wouldn't play him.  For some reason, LU likes to play the out-of town people.  Last night, the QB layed a bomb RIGHT IN THE HANDS of the receiver for a sure TD... dropped it.   Unacceptable at the college level.    That's part of the reason LU can't get butts in the seats.  I still believe, that if you played more local kids, you'd get the local $$$.

7 minutes ago, PNG Proud said:

They probably wouldn't play him.  For some reason, LU likes to play the out-of town people.  Last night, the QB layed a bomb RIGHT IN THE HANDS of the receiver for a sure TD... dropped it.   Unacceptable at the college level.    That's part of the reason LU can't get butts in the seats.  I still believe, that if you played more local kids, you'd get the local $$$.

2 hours ago, hookem14 said:

That is my point. God knows they would not do any worse. I think Crosby or PNG or a WOS or West Brook could give them a game. Not a lot on that team that pops out and says, WOW. Just a bunch of transfers that did not pan out at their first stop....

This reminds me a lot of Colton Kimler several years back. I was scratching my head as to why he had no offers. Nice sized safety, good speed, and and absolute ball hawk that was always in on the play and not afraid to hit you in the mouth... Still swear he would have started in LU’s secondary for sure!

4 minutes ago, jake94 said:

This reminds me a lot of Colton Kimler several years back. I was scratching my head as to why he had no offers. Nice sized safety, good speed, and and absolute ball hawk that was always in on the play and not afraid to hit you in the mouth... Still swear he would have started in LU’s secondary for sure!

K.J. from W.O.S. last year is another prime example. Kid was dynamic with the ball every time he touched it.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Which ever gets him the free college education is all that matters. Be it soccer or football.

That's true.  I just figured he was really good in football and by him being a senior, he would be getting offers in football.  He is marketing himself more toward soccer .  In any event, good for him...

1 hour ago, jake94 said:

He had an offer from Lamar. Chose not to continue to play. One of the best to come through SETX in awhile. 

5 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

He had an offer from Lamar. Chose not to continue to play. One of the best to come through SETX in awhile. 

It was a very LATE offer I think. I think he probably got frustrated with the whole process and decided not to play. Ironically, only two D1 colleges offered LU’s Kade Harrington as well, LU and SELA. He finished 2nd two years ago in the Heisman equivalent for FCS.

22 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Once again opinions vary. Nelson was the king of the circus catch. Undersized with average speed. That does not equate to the next level, as his college days proved. You need size and speed at the next level for production most of the time. I'm not sure if Riggs wants to play the sport after high school. But IMO has more tools than any receiver Fairclothe has had other than Giblin...

Wide receivers have been establishing themselves as of late at PNG

Not everybody wants to play college football.  The defenses hit harder, the competition is faster, and if you plan on actually getting a degree the demands placed on your time by participating in sports are a killer.  

A lot of kids just want to move on.  Odds are that the best flute player in the marching band won't bother to try out for a college band.  It's foolish to assume that every kid talented enough to play at the next level would be just dying to do so.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not everybody wants to play college football.  The defenses hit harder, the competition is faster, and if you plan on actually getting a degree the demands placed on your time by participating in sports are a killer.  

A lot of kids just want to move on.  Odds are that the best flute player in the marching band won't bother to try out for a college band.  It's foolish to assume that every kid talented enough to play at the next level would be just dying to do so.  

Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Football takes a toll on your body and it doesn't get easier at the college level. I agree a lot of kids are perfectly fine with being great high school players and then moving on with their life.