PN-G's Preston Riggs

RoschonsBigBro

Riggs needs 2 TD's and 165 yrds  to break both the receiving yrds and TD's for a season for a png wr. I certainly think he gets it barring some freak accident and I have to say he deserves it. The kid should have stacks of offers. Great size, really good speed, and soft hands. AKA lil Jordy Nelson. Hopefully Texas wakes up and smells the damn coffee. Ill be watching, waiting, and ready to congratulate the kid when I see him at MCM. As good as Shug is, Riggs makes it that much easier because he is always open, ultra competitive, and unafraid of challenges. Again Congrats to him and his family. His father should be very proud. Here's to hoping his records (if he breaks them) stand for a long time. Keep doing what you are doing kid!

I’m sure you are aware that Cameron Rising (California kid) is a UT commit. Coaches have been quoted as saying this kid is the Best they have ever seen. What’s your thoughts about Shug ever hitting the field at UT as I would love to see him in action at the college level 

17 minutes ago, PAT said:

I’m sure you are aware that Cameron Rising (California kid) is a UT commit. Coaches have been quoted as saying this kid is the Best they have ever seen. What’s your thoughts about Shug ever hitting the field at UT as I would love to see him in action at the college level 

Yeah he's there. I have no answer for that other than Shug will go in and compete as he always has. I know that one advantage that Roschon has is that his mobility makes him the more ideal candidate to run Hermans style of offense. Ive read and heard that personally from people close to the team. They liken him to a larger Greg Ward, who of course excelled under Herman at Houston. Rising has a year advantage to show what he can do. Roschon will have to do what he has to do. The competition can only make him better.  Plus, i dont think he would ever change his mind anyways

You figure he would have some offers because I'm sure plenty of recruiters visit Port Neches to see Boy Wonder.  Kinda hard to not see Riggs flash across nuke field catching passes.  Strange.  Makes me think that Riggs may not even be interested in playing football after high school or something else...

Lamar is behind the game on many local kids. IMO, the ones they get are middle of the pack that put up decent numbers. It's hard to believe that they have not offered. For anyone that has seen Riggs play, he can outrun any team in the district. Look up PAM and Central games if your not a believer. The difference between Riggs and Nelson is size and speed. Nelson made every acrobatic crazy catch you could think of. Riggs does that as well but can burn a defense with speed, and is a mismatch because of his size. If he puts on 20 lbs or so he could play and excel at a Lamar type school. But as we have seen through the years, Lamar seems to let these types go through without a reasonable look.. ( ala Elandon Roberts), who they felt was local so he shouldn't get a full ride... or KJ who they thought was too small. So I caution anyone to wise crack or negative comment on Riggs. He can go....... And has proved it all year....

18 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Didn't PNG have a WR a couple years ago that got a full ride to Lamar? Did that receiver have something Riggs doesn't have?

What he had was a connection to the Lamar staff... Now those coaches are gone. Nelson got a full ride, and a few years back the Sullivan kid got a offer with Morse. IMO, Nelson was the best selection of the group. From what I understand he now coaches at Lumberton. I wouldnt think you would see Sullivan on the field in his time at Lamar. The X offensive coordinator for Lamar had 2 kids playing at PNG. He's gone, so now is the connection...

10 hours ago, PAT said:

Rising is an interesting recruit. Very good and alot of upside. His reads on progressions and ability to look off defenders is shaky at times. Accuracy is +, arm strength is +, ability to read a defense and football IQ are ++. It's gonna be a very interesting battle at QB between him and Roschon. Lol I can't freakin wait.

44 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Lamar is behind the game on many local kids. IMO, the ones they get are middle of the pack that put up decent numbers. It's hard to believe that they have not offered. For anyone that has seen Riggs play, he can outrun any team in the district. Look up PAM and Central games if your not a believer. The difference between Riggs and Nelson is size and speed. Nelson made every acrobatic crazy catch you could think of. Riggs does that as well but can burn a defense with speed, and is a mismatch because of his size. If he puts on 20 lbs or so he could play and excel at a Lamar type school. But as we have seen through the years, Lamar seems to let these types go through without a reasonable look.. ( ala Elandon Roberts), who they felt was local so he shouldn't get a full ride... or KJ who they thought was too small. So I caution anyone to wise crack or negative comment on Riggs. He can go....... And has proved it all year....

Riggs is very good. You got realize Excellent receivers come a dime a dozen

I've seen Nelson.  Sorry y'all, but IMO, Nelson was better.  He made catches on double teams look like a walk in the park.  Riggs does outrun defenders and has good size, but that Nelson kid had the it factor.  that got get it element.  You knew he'd catch every pass thrown to him...

But we all know college coaches look for size, speed and potential.  Everything you should want from Riggs.  But is Riggs even promoting himself?  have he been to any camps?  are the PN-G coaches sending film?  

1 hour ago, PAT said:

Riggs is very good. You got realize Excellent receivers come a dime a dozen

We pride ourselves on "Dime a dozen players"... That's the type of kid that plays with an edge and all heart. That's what enables you to beat teams that you shouldn't. And trust me, Lamar, needs all of that they can get....... Look at all the 5 stars that never amount to much... UT is battling that issue right now... However the Jordan Shipley type excels....

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've seen Nelson.  Sorry y'all, but IMO, Nelson was better.  He made catches on double teams look like a walk in the park.  Riggs does outrun defenders and has good size, but that Nelson kid had the it factor.  that got get it element.  You knew he'd catch every pass thrown to him...

But we all know college coaches look for size, speed and potential.  Everything you should want from Riggs.  But is Riggs even promoting himself?  have he been to any camps?  are the PN-G coaches sending film?  

Once again opinions vary. Nelson was the king of the circus catch. Undersized with average speed. That does not equate to the next level, as his college days proved. You need size and speed at the next level for production most of the time. I'm not sure if Riggs wants to play the sport after high school. But IMO has more tools than any receiver Fairclothe has had other than Giblin...

20 minutes ago, hookem14 said:
34 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

We pride ourselves on "Dime a dozen players"... That's the type of kid that plays with an edge and all heart. That's what enables you to beat teams that you shouldn't. And trust me, Lamar, needs all of that they can get....... Look at all the 5 stars that never amount to much... UT is battling that issue right now... However the Jordan Shipley type excels....

I’m trying to make the point that there are way more excellent Wr’s to choose from than probably any other position. Look how many excellent receivers there are in Tx, Fl, Ga, Ca, Ms, and Al. The quickest way to turn a healthy debate into an unhealthy debacle is to have it with someone who will twist your words around until they mean something else. Then he argues that point, completely ignoring what you really said. 

1 hour ago, PAT said:

I’m trying to make the point that there are way more excellent Wr’s to choose from than probably any other position. Look how many excellent receivers there are in Tx, Fl, Ga, Ca, Ms, and Al. The quickest way to turn a healthy debate into an unhealthy debacle is to have it with someone who will twist your words around until they mean something else. Then he argues that point, completely ignoring what you really said. 

Quite possibly you are taking what I said out of context. Note that I keep using Lamar as an example. Implying that Lamar needs to get on board and look at this kid. Because, at Lamar, kids like Riggs are not a dime a dozen. If you have been to a Lamar game lately you can see what issues they have as a program. Across the board, they need help. You can also see I have compared him to former Lamar players. Do I think he can play at a D1 bowl eligible school.... NO.... However I do think the kid can go to A Lamar type school and compete for playing time. So in your own words.... Don't try and turn this debate into a debacle... My argument is that at Lamar University, kids like Riggs are not a dime a dozen.....

7 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Quite possibly you are taking what I said out of context. Note that I keep using Lamar as an example. Implying that Lamar needs to get on board and look at this kid. Because, at Lamar, kids like Riggs are not a dime a dozen. If you have been to a Lamar game lately you can see what issues they have as a program. Across the board, they need help. You can also see I have compared him to former Lamar players. Do I think he can play at a D1 bowl eligible school.... NO.... However I do think the kid can go to A Lamar type school and compete for playing time. So in your own words.... Don't try and turn this debate into a debacle... My argument is that at Lamar University, kids like Riggs are not a dime a dozen.....

Thanks for clearing it up. I totally agree

I'm not buying it, like I said something ain't right, sounds like the coaching staff at png have no recruiting coordinator or they have no real intentions of getting these kids to the next level. You have to have a plan for your talented athletes. The kid Patterson from Crosby just picked up his 8th offer this week and he's only 5'11.