Hitchcock 60 Hardin 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Yes I am being sarcastic but when your offense line can’t block and the defense knows what play your running before you snap the ball. I would say out coached and out played for the last 3 weeks. The kids are starting to shut down and not wanting to play the game. 

25 minutes ago, Who Cares said:

Yes I am being sarcastic but when your offense line can’t block and the defense knows what play your running before you snap the ball. I would say out coached and out played for the last 3 weeks. The kids are starting to shut down and not wanting to play the game. 

Not under the great Haynes regime?? No way!

Who stated it's not what you do in non-district but what you do in district? Didn't several predict zero district wins for Hardin and several Hardin fans dispute that prediction?

21 minutes ago, Who Cares said:

Lol.  Look...the issue is and has always been the fact that Hardin is just out gunned.  I think Haynes is definitely a good football coach.  And the best thing he did was gutting the preseason schedule.  But adding a new QB and different game plan will only get you so far.  I’m not sure what everyone expected but you still have a bunch of kids on that team that went 0-10 last year.  So again...it’s the kids.  Want long term success? It starts with consistency.  Leave the coaches alone and consistency will lead to better things.

or...jump back on the “time for a new coach” carrousel and continue with your “1 out of 10-15 years good” routine.  Either way I don’t care.

Gutting the preseason schedule was the good, but they should have played better teams that would have helped them instead of playing a team that couldn’t spell football and a JV team. I know your going to say a 5A school, but still a JV.   You would be crazy to change the QB, he’s one of the best players on the team. They have the speed and players to compete but need something different. Especially when next year will be an offensive building year. I have watched these boys play since they were little and the potential is there to be a competive team and not 0-3 in district. 

26 minutes ago, Who Cares said:

Gutting the preseason schedule was the good, but they should have played better teams that would have helped them instead of playing a team that couldn’t spell football and a JV team. I know your going to say a 5A school, but still a JV.   You would be crazy to change the QB, he’s one of the best players on the team. They have the speed and players to compete but need something different. Especially when next year will be an offensive building year. I have watched these boys play since they were little and the potential is there to be a competive team and not 0-3 in district. 

This Hardin team is improved, but the talent level IS NOT where it needs to be to be competitive in every game. Look back at the 2007-2009 teams. The talent is not even close to where it was then yet they made a second round exit in 2007 and were one and done in 2008. The community has got to stop complaining about the coaches and truly get behind  the entire staff and show their support. Maybe, just maybe, the offensive line was outmatched. Is that possible?  Maybe they didn’t do as well because they had 7 kids out last night with injuries. Is that possible?  Probably not. I’m sure Coach Haynes and staff plotted throughout the week how they could go to Hitchcock and get beat 60-0. After all, assistant coaches love getting beat badly because it really helps them to advance their career. I’m sure Haynes came out of retirement for this exact reason-he loves getting beat. Come on Hardin fans, support the staff, give them time, and good things may very well happen in a few years. 

28 minutes ago, Who Cares said:

I think scheduling teams you can beat is absolutely important.  You have to build confidence.  A coach has to be able to say “my stuff works” and then prove it thru winning.  Nobody cares who you beat.  Their schedule last year was better for preparation for district.  How’d that work out?

And just to be clear.  You saw them play growing up?.. Just WHO exactly did you see them play?  I haven’t the slightest idea but I’m willing to bet these boys didn’t play a single team in Hardin’s district right now in youth sports.  Youth sports is normally for neighboring towns if there aren’t enough kids to keep it “in city”.  Which means you have no basis for comparison with the teams they’re playing now.  Not to mention the fact that quite a bit changes between “growing up” and by the time they’re in high school.  Ridiculous statement.

By the way I said “new” qb because their qb didn’t play a single game last yr.  And he is “one of the best players on the team”... as you put it.

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I think scheduling teams you can beat is absolutely important.  You have to build confidence.  A coach has to be able to say “my stuff works” and then prove it thru winning.  Nobody cares who you beat.  Their schedule last year was better for preparation for district.  How’d that work out?

And just to be clear.  You saw them play growing up?.. Just WHO exactly did you see them play?  I haven’t the slightest idea but I’m willing to bet these boys didn’t play a single team in Hardin’s district right now in youth sports.  Youth sports is normally for neighboring towns if there aren’t enough kids to keep it “in city”.  Which means you have no basis for comparison with the teams they’re playing now.  Not to mention the fact that quite a bit changes between “growing up” and by the time they’re in high school.  Ridiculous statement.

By the way I said “new” qb because their qb didn’t play a single game last yr.  And he is “one of the best players on the team”... as you put it.

Amen. I’m out of likes. 

Hitchcock is probably the best team in the district. I hope my Bucs prove me wrong, but this loss is not unexpected. La Marque beat themselves and still won the game. EC was not 100% and still was in control the entire game. Hitchcock was a bad matchup for Hardin, they are a solid football team. As far as improving from last year, it's a different ball team. EC loss three fumbles inside the Hardin 15yrd online last year, still won 56-6. Also Snell is probably the best passing QB in the district. He might be Hardin's only 1st team player. If they run Haynes off, they will suffer for longer. But I don't care what you say, Belichek couldn't win the Super Bowl coaching the Browns. Talent is short in Hardin.