SNAPSHOT DAY NUMBERS/POST THEM HERE!

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, Eagle Nation said:

Can anyone tell me why Allen ISD is allowed to have almost 6,500 students. Why hasn't there been another high school built in that area so their enrollment numbers can drop down to somewhere near the high schools that are in their district. They seem to have an unfair advantage with those kind of numbers.

I know this is a forum for SETX sports. But I was just curious.

52 minutes ago, Eagle Nation said:

I know this is a forum for SETX sports. But I was just curious.

Technically, there's no rule against having a superschool.  If the school district has the means, the resources, , the facilities, and the money to operate a school like that, then why not?  Academics seem to be thriving there.  That would be the thing to hold them back.  I guess whatever works best for them.  Besides, it's probably best from an operating standpoint to operate less schools in your district than more from just a superintendent standpoint..

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Technically, there's no rule against having a superschool.  If the school district has the means, the resources, , the facilities, and the money to operate a school like that, then why not?  Academics seem to be thriving there.  That would be the thing to hold them back.  I guess whatever works best for them.  Besides, it's probably best from an operating standpoint to operate less schools in your district than more from just a superintendent standpoint..

Areas like Katy & Pearland could easily support a superschool also. They have all of the recourses, money, facilies, etc... It just seems to me that from a athletic standpoint, the UIL would want a more even playing field.

2 hours ago, Eagle Nation said:

Areas like Katy & Pearland could easily support a superschool also. They have all of the recourses, money, facilies, etc... It just seems to me that from a athletic standpoint, the UIL would want a more even playing field.

There's at least 3 Plano schools that have almost as many kids as Allen and they don't do squat in football...

12 minutes ago, Eagle Nation said:

I'm just looking at some other schools in that district with Allen that have less than 3,000 students. That just isn't fair in my books.

Schools in the same district as Allen?  Well, you play with cards that your dealt.  Just because you have more students don't necessarily mean that you'll have superior football talent...

12 hours ago, GCM-RG74-WR8 said:

GCISD will be talking about combining all the Baytown schools. If that happens we could have a school with 6100 kids. 

That’s not even close to what’s was proposed. They suggested turning lee and GCM into 9th and tenth grade campuses and turning sterling into a 11 and 12th grade campus. You would still end up with schools about 1,800 and up so a large 5A or small 6A. It wouldn’t be close to 6,000 

1 hour ago, Soccer Man said:

That’s not even close to what’s was proposed. They suggested turning lee and GCM into 9th and tenth grade campuses and turning sterling into a 11 and 12th grade campus. You would still end up with schools about 1,800 and up so a large 5A or small 6A. It wouldn’t be close to 6,000 

All the campuses don’t compete as independent from one another. Varsity athletics will only be housed at the 11th and 12th grade campus, the other 2 campuses are just the undersquads for the 11&12 th campus. The reason for multiple campuses in said model, is strictly to make use of existing infrastructure and to provide a more conducive environment for  tHe underclassmen. So GCM-RG74-WR8 was absolutely correct in his statemenT, and understanding of the one high school model which is being kicked around. 

1 hour ago, Soccer Man said:

Did you really just type all that.  Lol. 

On 11/6/2017 at 8:00 AM, WOSgrad said:

Just got off of the phone with Ronald Jackson, AD of BISD who gave me the following numbers:

West Brook - 2520

Central - 1309

Ozen - 1151

On 11/6/2017 at 8:04 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Yea, I didn't believe that first number of 1194 reported for Central. 1151 will probably keep Ozen in 5A.

For those of you not Facebook friends with me, I'll give you the short version.  Merger of Central and Ozen coming soon.  BISD has until January 3rd to submit to UIL wether the 2 schools will stay separate or merge for 2018-2019 so the UIL can start finalizing their districts for realignment that comes out in February.  With Central's 1309 and Ozen's 1151, 2460 will mean two 6A schools in Beaumont...

9 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

For those of you not Facebook friends with me, I'll give you the short version.  Merger of Central and Ozen coming soon.  BISD has until January 3rd to submit to UIL wether the 2 schools will stay separate or merge for 2018-2019 so the UIL can start finalizing their districts for realignment that comes out in February.  With Central's 1309 and Ozen's 1151, 2460 will mean two 6A schools in Beaumont...

Wow!  That is a huge development. 

15 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

they should call the merged school beaumont high school royal purples........

6 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Would that merger be permanent or temporary?

6 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Smartest thing they could do.