Enterprise Top 10 Rankings: Week 9

DannyShapiroBE

44 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Did i say that he was better than anyone at West Brook? I simply said that there will not be 6 players that is better. Hell, there could be a few better, but there won't be 6 in total. 

Our guy did pretty good one on one with Barns from Silsbee this year. I am not saying the Newton kid is all that, but he is damn good player that will have 20+ offers. You're the one that is doing all of this. Don't down grade the kids. You shouuplifting for any high school did from our area that is going to play college ball. If there were division 1 kids coming out of Bridge City, then i would be rooting for them on Saturday's just as i would kids from Newton. 

All kidding aside, a lot of kids from down here really don’t care to play beyond high school. I know... I had one that graduated last year that wouldn’t even bother to talk with college coaches who reached out to him. Anybody who played us last year knew about our o-line. Not a single one of those  seniors is playing ball this fall. It wasn’t because none of them were good enough to play at the next level. In fact, there’s only one kid playing college ball this fall from last year’s team.... and his name didn’t get called over the PA a lot last year if you know what I mean. We just don’t prioritize playing college ball as highly as schools in communities where there aren’t any options for a young man graduating from high school. When high school is over, it’s time to move on with your life... and for all but a few, that means leaving football behind by choice.

As far as you thinking that I “should be uplifting for any high school kid from our area that is going to play college ball,” I think that you kinda have your priorities out-of-whack. 

38 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

All kidding aside, a lot of kids from down here really don’t care to play beyond high school. I know... I had one that graduated last year that wouldn’t even bother to talk with college coaches who reached out to him. Anybody who played us last year knew about our o-line. Not a single one of those  seniors is playing ball this fall. It wasn’t because none of them were good enough to play at the next level. In fact, there’s only one kid playing college ball this fall from last year’s team.... and his name didn’t get called over the PA a lot last year if you know what I mean. We just don’t prioritize playing college ball as highly as schools in communities where there aren’t any options for a young man graduating from high school. When high school is over, it’s time to move on with your life... and for all but a few, that means leaving football behind by choice.

As far as you thinking that I “should be uplifting for any high school kid from our area that is going to play college ball,” I think that you kinda have your priorities out-of-whack. 

I totally understand where you're coming from, CardinalBacker. But, i do not have my priorities "out-of-whack". If a kid is good enough and is getting real attention and big time offers for football, then they would care about it. I am all about education and getting your degree. Whether it is playing football or not, i want all kids to go to college. If you're good enough to earn a full ride scholarship from a division 1 school, then not many people will pass that up and just decide not to play football. I believe all kids prioritize playing football at the next level, but some kids let reality sink in and know that it's just not for them. If you have the talent and size for the next level, then why not chase it? 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've seen both.  WB he like 6 athletes as good or better than Brown from Newton...

I'm not saying that i don't agree with it anymore. I am just saying that all 6 of them better be 4 star athletes and have big offers rolling in. If they are better, then they will be seen and do great things. I am glad to hear they have some future guys that i can watch on Saturdays. 

2 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

I totally understand where you're coming from, CardinalBacker. But, i do not have my priorities "out-of-whack". If a kid is good enough and is getting real attention and big time offers for football, then they would care about it. I am all about education and getting your degree. Whether it is playing football or not, i want all kids to go to college. If you're good enough to earn a full ride scholarship from a division 1 school, then not many people will pass that up and just decide not to play football. I believe all kids prioritize playing football at the next level, but some kids let reality sink in and know that it's just not for them. If you have the talent and size for the next level, then why not chase it? 

Some kids are just tired of the wear and tear on their bodies. The talk about concussions is absolutely having an effect on kids playing longer. 

I think it mostly comes down to being able to fill out a few applications the summer after you graduate with no experience and having your pick of a number of jobs that pay better than anything available in rural areas. I think the idea of driving five miles down the road for a couple years to get a process operators degree and then making $100k plus per year is a definite possibility for kids in the Golden Triangle that just isn’t as realistic as a kid from Burkeville, no offense. 

If your Dad made a good living at the refinery and had a boat and the whole family drove nice cars, you just don’t feel the pressure to keep playing. The same life your dad had is available for you, too.... all you have to do is accept it. 

I know a kid that went to two different pro camps this summer after the draft... neither one worked out, but when the third team called and invited him out, he declined... just wants to wrap up his Masters and get on with life.

I never had the chance to go to the NFL, and I’d like to think nothing would stop me from exhausting every opportunity to play... but I’ve never been in this kid’s shoes and all I can do is understand that it’s the way that HE feels.  

My lord I have never seen so many butt hurt people in all my life, don’t even put them in the rankings as for as I am concerned. When rankings start bringing home state championships I might worry about it then. And as for as who would beat who at any point and time does not mean anything when the two shall never meet.

6 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

My lord I have never seen so many butt hurt people in all my life, don’t even put them in the rankings as for as I am concerned. When rankings start bringing home state championships I might worry about it then. And as for as who would beat who at any point and time does not mean anything when the two shall never meet.

I agree. Or worse when they do actually meet and the loser is still ranked above teams that beat them. I think it was ‘15 where we finished behind Newton and Liberty, both of which we beat in non-district play. I’m a lot less irritated by rankings by classification as opposed to the all-inclusive lists like this one.