Enterprise Top 10 Rankings: Week 9

DannyShapiroBE

4 hours ago, Wb Tex said:

See what im talking about yal talk that big 6 .Then you to cry about numbers.We go up against numbers every week no crying we win we loss .That's what mean when i say if you not play 6a you shouldn't speak on it

There is that "you shouldn't speak on it."

27 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Oops, sorry. I know that wasn't yours.  But that was damned funny!

BTW, NewtonNation, you owe me a new computer screen cause I spewed soft drink all over my screen about the same time GATA fell out of his lawn chair.

I figured you would have a water proof computer by now, with all the BS that you comb thru! :)

2 hours ago, Wb Tex said:

Your right about that .But people on here acting like they would run 6a

I definitely never said that, because it's nowhere near true. I didn't even say they'd best WB, that I can recall. Just that Newton's best is better than the Bruins'. Newton would get rolled by LP and The Woodlands. No doubt in my mind. You're criticizing us for small schools would compete with your average-at-best 6A program.

15 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Now, I was going to roll with everything that you said, but this is downright ridiculous.  Not being biased, but I've actually seen Newton AND Brook play this year.  WB has close to 6 athletes better than Newton's best athlete...

So, West Brook has 6 players that is better than Newton's Tamazia Brown?? He is a 4 star defensive back / receiver that received an offer from Oklahoma State before his junior year even started this year. Oh, he also has 9 interceptions this season which is probably leading the state in all classifications if i had to guess. Now, i will sit here and wait for you to list 6 players that are better. Your statement was bold and out of reach, BMT Soulja1. BUt, i still want you to list them. I am very curious. 

I'm talking about eye test.  I've actually seen Newton play over the last 2 years as well as West Brook. It's accurate IMO what I did.  Maybe I should've worded it just as good as. But yea, the WB RB, the WB QB, and like 3 or the WR's.  Question for you, FastTurtle.  Have you honestly seen West Brook within the last 2 years?

The local rankings are meant to be a joke, I believe... kinda like the “pound-for-pound” rankings you see in fighting. 

Newton believes that they should be ranked higher because they have a better record against weaker competition. And another “4 star” recruit we’ll probably never hear about agains once he gets to the next level and faces some actual competition. What ever happened to that qb from 14 or so that went to A&M? 

Newton has a successful program with a fantastic record playing smaller schools. “We just play who the UIL tells us.” There. I beat you to it, Newton Fan. 

In Newton’s “up” years they can beat a lot of bigger, mid-level schools like us or Orangefield. There have been years like 15 where we beat Newton and still finished behind them in the year end rankings... how do we finish behind Lil’ Ol’ Newton after we spanked y’all on the field?

Newton is Newton.  They get sympathy votes based on how well they do in their smaller classifications, but still suffer from an inferiority complex because they know that they can’t compete with the actual powerhouses in the area on the field.  

13 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Actually, I have seen the opposite.  In fact, all who have commented on that facet here have acknowledged that a matchup involving West Brook and their team would result in a Bruin victory.  I'll quote them if you like.

I have seen a lot of "if you're team ain't in 6A, you shouldn't speak on this." I can quote you those, too.

I am not discounting what anybody is doing. Especially Newton. I don't believe they would beat WB, don't think it would be close, but if you read back a few pages I acknowledged that WB should have been dropped and had no problem with the rankings. 

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I am not discounting what anybody is doing. Especially Newton. I don't believe they would beat WB, don't think it would be close, but if you read back a few pages I acknowledged that WB should have been dropped and had no problem with the rankings. 

Good, because I wasn't talking about you.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm talking about eye test.  I've actually seen Newton play over the last 2 years as well as West Brook. It's accurate IMO what I did.  Maybe I should've worded it just as good as. But yea, the WB RB, the WB QB, and like 3 or the WR's.  Question for you, FastTurtle.  Have you honestly seen West Brook within the last 2 years?

I understand. I do not think Newton will beat West Brook, but with this years team, it definitely would be close. I was just stating that WB does not have 6 players better than Newton's best. I understand that they're bigger and have great athletes, but Newton has plenty that would start for WB. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The local rankings are meant to be a joke, I believe... kinda like the “pound-for-pound” rankings you see in fighting. 

Newton believes that they should be ranked higher because they have a better record against weaker competition. And another “4 star” recruit we’ll probably never hear about agains once he gets to the next level and faces some actual competition. What ever happened to that qb from 14 or so that went to A&M? 

Newton has a successful program with a fantastic record playing smaller schools. “We just play who the UIL tells us.” There. I beat you to it, Newton Fan. 

In Newton’s “up” years they can beat a lot of bigger, mid-level schools like us or Orangefield. There have been years like 15 where we beat Newton and still finished behind them in the year end rankings... how do we finish behind Lil’ Ol’ Newton after we spanked y’all on the field?

Newton is Newton.  They get sympathy votes based on how well they do in their smaller classifications, but still suffer from an inferiority complex because they know that they can’t compete with the actual powerhouses in the area on the field.  

I do agree with you on the local rankings being a joke. I never said that Newton should be better than than anyone just because they have a "4 star" recruit. No, i do not think Newton would beat West Brook. I was just stating the simple fact that West Brook does not have 6 players better than Newton's best. But, you do not have to down the kids that go play college ball like you just did. That was really uncalled for. For your information, the QB from 2015 started the first game against UCLA and is currently second string and just playing on special teams. He still has two more seasons after this, so his time will come. Newton actually called PNG and PAM to play next year and they declined, but WOS and Carthage will be on the schedule. At least Newton tries to play top tier teams. 

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

FastTurtle, you never answered my question....:)

Yes. I went to West Brooks first game of the year when they barely edged out a win against a mediocre Beaumont Central team that went on to have a losing record. West Brook got better throughout the year though. They have good players. 

17 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

I understand. I do not think Newton will beat West Brook, but with this years team, it definitely would be close. I was just stating that WB does not have 6 players better than Newton's best. I understand that they're bigger and have great athletes, but Newton has plenty that would start for WB. 

I do agree with you on the local rankings being a joke. I never said that Newton should be better than than anyone just because they have a "4 star" recruit. No, i do not think Newton would beat West Brook. I was just stating the simple fact that West Brook does not have 6 players better than Newton's best. But, you do not have to down the kids that go play college ball like you just did. That was really uncalled for. For your information, the QB from 2015 started the first game against UCLA and is currently second string and just playing on special teams. He still has two more seasons after this, so his time will come. Newton actually called PNG and PAM to play next year and they declined, but WOS and Carthage will be on the schedule. At least Newton tries to play top tier teams. 

Ok... so it’s okay for you guys to say “we’ve got a kid that’s better than anybody at WB” but wrong of me to ask what happened to your last Wonderboy? 

It’s not hard to look like D1 Talent when you primarily face 3A Teams. The only problem is that yall’s 4 stars look a little tarnished when they line up against four stars that have played at a higher classification in high school. 

Not trying to stir the pot, but the kid that was a world beater at Legacy looked remarkably average against 4A D1 teams last year. Your boy might have nine picks, but I’ll be the first to say it’s a lot easier to get picks against a wing-T qb like ours than one from say, Lake Travis. 

I mean, Lumberton White STJFL Senior Tackle is looking pretty tough this year, and they might win a championship, but they probably shouldn’t be ranked.  

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ok... so it’s okay for you guys to say “we’ve got a kid that’s better than anybody at WB” but wrong of me to ask what happened to your last Wonderboy? 

It’s not hard to look like D1 Talent when you primarily face 3A Teams. The only problem is that yall’s 4 stars look a little tarnished when they line up against four stars that have played at a higher classification in high school. 

Not trying to stir the pot, but the kid that was a world beater at Legacy looked remarkably average against 4A D1 teams last year. Your boy might have nine picks, but I’ll be the first to say it’s a lot easier to get picks against a wing-T qb like ours than one from say, Lake Travis. 

I mean, Lumberton White STJFL Senior Tackle is looking pretty tough this year, and they might win a championship, but they probably shouldn’t be ranked.  

I think they are ranked #12 right outside of the top 10 :) lol

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That kid is starting at QB as a freshmen for Texas St.

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Did i say that he was better than anyone at West Brook? I simply said that there will not be 6 players that is better. Hell, there could be a few better, but there won't be 6 in total. 

Our guy did pretty good one on one with Barns from Silsbee this year. I am not saying the Newton kid is all that, but he is damn good player that will have 20+ offers. You're the one that is doing all of this. Don't down grade the kids. You should be uplifting for any high school did from our area that is going to play college ball. If there were division 1 kids coming out of Bridge City, then i would be rooting for them on Saturday's just as i would kids from Newton.