Enterprise Top 10 Rankings: Week 9

DannyShapiroBE

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

West Brook  shouldn't have dropped out..   Smh..

I'm with you. I think they would mop up 8 teams on this list, maybe get challenged in the 1st half by 2. But then I have to think about it differently for it to make sense. IF Bama were to lose back to back weeks, even to a Clemson and Penn State, would they fall out of the top 10? Probably. But as far as who would beat who, WB would be too much for anybody on this list.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let me get this straight. When ranking teams from different classifications into a top 10, you guys think it should be ranked by who would beat who, correct?

I am not saying he is doing it incorrect.  I acknowledge the fact that in a ranking if you lose 2 games in a row, regardless of how the rankings are done, you more likely than not will fall out of the top 10. I think he done a good job with this weeks rankings. Two losses in a row will drop you. 

I also believe that if WB played any of these teams they would be the favorite, and win. It is hard to rank 10 teams of different classifications and Mr. Shapiro did  a good job.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let me get this straight. When ranking teams from different classifications into a top 10, you guys think it should be ranked by who would beat who, correct?

I'm just wondering if those teams are considered to be the top 10 in the area ?   I just don't think any of those teams could beat Westbrook. Are all of those teams listed considered to be better than Westbrook ?

If you do it by who beats who of course wb would be 1, they 6a but that's stupid because they have two L's. This litst is put together by wins and losses. It's fairly obvious and to me it makes sense. What's confusing to me is everyone else's confusion. Even as you scroll through the images, you see teams with increasing losses. By the other logic wb could lose 5 games and be #1 because they would probably still beat everyone else around

29 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

If you do it by who beats who of course wb would be 1, they 6a but that's stupid because they have two L's. This litst is put together by wins and losses. It's fairly obvious and to me it makes sense. What's confusing to me is everyone else's confusion. Even as you scroll through the images, you see teams with increasing losses. By the other logic wb could lose 5 games and be #1 because they would probably still beat everyone else around

Exactly. So it’s not so much “who could beat who”, it’s more of how each team is doing in their respective classification compared to each other

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

West Brook  shouldn't have dropped out..   Smh..

This isn’t going off teams beating each other on this poll correct? Kinda more of a pound for pound kinda deal I think. So West Brook has lost 2 games in a row. The last one which they got taken to the woodshed. Maybe not completely out of the top 10 but definitely 7-10. 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

An 0-9 West Brook team would beat a 9-0 Evadale. So Evadale should not be allowed to be in an area top 10 poll?

Just cannot do a ranking of multiple classifications based on that theory.

Agreed. Now if your going off that theory then the 5A/6A poll we do would be more accurate but still not necessarily how it works.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Incorrect.  I'm just saying the teams that bear WB would be considered a top tier and a high end middle tier team.  Had WB had lost to College Park or someone like that, then heck yea, drop them.  

It's all about how the person making the poll perceives the whole idea. That's the problem with only one person. It's his opinion... Take the Setx poll. I have PNG ranked #4. Behind Woodlands, Lufkin, Crosby. My thinking is PNG can't beat #1 and 2, and Crosby gets the nod over them because they are putting up video game numbers. However, the poll reads PNG is #2. I can respect that because it's comprised of several knowledgeable pollsters, not just one guys opinion. I applaud this guy for trying, and honestly without voters, it is what it is. his opinion. I respect it, but might disagree. I do think it's better than last week. WB is hard because of the losses. 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

This isn’t going off teams beating each other on this poll correct? Kinda more of a pound for pound kinda deal I think. So West Brook has lost 2 games in a row. The last one which they got taken to the woodshed. Maybe not completely out of the top 10 but definitely 7-10. 

Not head to head..

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Incorrect.  I'm just saying the teams that bear WB would be considered a top tier and a high end middle tier team.  Had WB had lost to College Park or someone like that, then heck yea, drop them.  

West Brook was an untimed down away from losing 50-0 at home. Whether it's one bad game or not, that's a bad loss, especially at home. Coach Peevey: "Once things started going bad for us, we couldn't stop it. We need to get back to playing Bruin football."

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

It's all about how the person making the poll perceives the whole idea. That's the problem with only one person. It's his opinion... Take the Setx poll. I have PNG ranked #4. Behind Woodlands, Lufkin, Crosby. My thinking is PNG can't beat #1 and 2, and Crosby gets the nod over them because they are putting up video game numbers. However, the poll reads PNG is #2. I can respect that because it's comprised of several knowledgeable pollsters, not just one guys opinion. I applaud this guy for trying, and honestly without voters, it is what it is. his opinion. I respect it, but might disagree. I do think it's better than last week. WB is hard because of the losses. 

Pretty much. Thanks for understanding.

38 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

West Brook was an untimed down away from losing 50-0 at home. Whether it's one bad game or not, that's a bad loss, especially at home. Coach Peevey: "Once things started going bad for us, we couldn't stop it. We need to get back to playing Bruin football."

I consider a loss a loss.  A 7 point loss = a 40 point loss.  That that gets no consideration when evaluating things from where I stand.  

Strange that you actually and asking for my feedback and responding THIS time instead of ignoring....