WOS hiking

XX Man

After all the high hikes, I have to wonder. Is our center trying to put the ball up on it's point. like the pros are doing now, and hiking from that position? I don't understand how the pros make it work, especially if the QB is in shotgun. Whatever is going on, it needs to change. Whatever style they need to use, it has to get the ball into the QB's hands.

29 minutes ago, XX Man said:

After all the high hikes, I have to wonder. Is our center trying to put the ball up on it's point. like the pros are doing now, and hiking from that position? I don't understand how the pros make it work, especially if the QB is in shotgun. Whatever is going on, it needs to change. Whatever style they need to use, it has to get the ball into the QB's hands.

Going under center will eliminate pretty much all snapping issues...just saying 

28 minutes ago, XX Man said:

The bye week, make the center long  snap for 6 hours a day all week long to each qb 40 snaps per person at least 

17 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Which is more important? Eliminating options or not turning the ball over? I'll go ahead and answer that one for you.....turnovers have got to be the number 1 cause of most losses. 

They better do what ever is needed to complete the transfer. If that means the center drops down to the tried and proven 2 hands on the ball, or the QB going under center, they better get it done. That game against H-J was the sloppiest game I have seen WOS play in many years. (I missed the Kennedale game)

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Which is more important? Eliminating options or not turning the ball over? I'll go ahead and answer that one for you.....turnovers have got to be the number 1 cause of most losses. 

Eliminating both is the correct answer. There’s no room for errors in this young team if they wanna even get past Liberty.  Don’t make excuses for mistakes.

9 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Going under center will eliminate pretty much all snapping issues...just saying 

Not necessarily, you can fumble those as well.. remember the first drive in Jerry World last year?

Either way, I hope they get it figured out so I have an excuse to make a trip to Dallas again!

35 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

!

34 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Not necessarily, you can fumble those as well.. remember the first drive in Jerry World last year?

Either way, I hope they get it figured out so I have an excuse to make a trip to Dallas again!

Every year, it is not only how good your team is, it is how not so good, the other teams are, that determine who goes to state. With that said, this team is making way too many mistakes to make it to Jerry's World, this year. Wish it was different. 

The solution is fixing the bad snaps technique, NOT going under center for an entire four quarters. It is fixable and that should be the focus. 

9 minutes ago, griff said:

The solution is fixing the bad snaps technique, NOT going under center for an entire four quarters. It is fixable and that should be the focus. 

Yeah, it probably is fixable, but at this point of the season, and after how many games they have already played, I just don't see it getting fixed in a bye week, unless they change the style to a traditional snap, and forget trying to do that other mess. 

All I know is WOS has incredible talent and can be just as successful under center as they are in the gun

Not true. If we drop use of the shotgun position, it will shrink our playbook and make our offense more predictable for defenses. We can go under center for some drives or consecutive plays, but if we do that the whole game it will limit our success. We have a good offensive threat when our QB has space to operate, run, make easy roll outs, and it gives him a better view of the opposing team's defense to make good decisions and reactions. That's a big reason why so many high school teams are now using it. I see value in going under center for only portions of a game. Our O-line and TBs can make the tough inside yardage.  

9 minutes ago, griff said:

Not true. If we drop use of the shotgun position, it will shrink our playbook and make our offense more predictable for defenses. We can go under center for some drives or consecutive plays, but if we do that the whole game it will limit our success. We have a good offensive threat when our QB has space to operate, run, make easy roll outs, and it gives him a better view of the opposing team's defense to make good decisions and reactions. That's a big reason why so many high school teams are now using it. I see value in going under center for only portions of a game. Our O-line and TBs can make the tough inside yardage.  

True, BUT, the center has to get the ball into his hands, AND the OL has to give him some protection. H-J defense had Watson running for his life.........