Dayton @ Kingwood Park

bronco pride

27 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Not a chance,  sorry 94 but let's be real,  you have a decent k-park (did I really just say that? ) who could possibly do the same thing to y'all as my high and mighty cougars did on Friday. That was ugly... your Broncos lost 99% of there fight after your band left the field.  The 5-6 plays in your "play book" if that's what you want to call it won't keep y'all no where close in this one.    Sorry but I don't see Dayton hitting the playoffs for another 2 or 3 years,  could be worse depending on the realignment..  I'm calling this one (at turner i may add)

k-park 45

Dayton 18

Well a lot of folks don’t see Crosby past the first round for sure the second, but hey who’s counting right. And k-park hasn’t even been close to what your pumping them up to be. When you don’t have anything to loose you sometimes play your best ball, and frankly we really don’t. So when we go to turner and bust k-park in the mouth, I’ll be sure to let you know about it. We have pretty good success at turner stadium, and I don’t see Thursday’s game being any different.

10 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Well a lot of folks don’t see Crosby past the first round for sure the second, but hey who’s counting right. And k-park hasn’t even been close to what your pumping them up to be. When you don’t have anything to loose you sometimes play your best ball, and frankly we really don’t. So when we go to turner and bust k-park in the mouth, I’ll be sure to let you know about it. We have pretty good success at turner stadium, and I don’t see Thursday’s game being any different.

Dang, you guys had a great JV year and you hitched your cart to that wagon.  Your team won’t sniff the playoffs again this year and your JV team sucks this so what do you have to look forward next year?  

37 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Dang, you guys had a great JV year and you hitched your cart to that wagon.  Your team won’t sniff the playoffs again this year and your JV team sucks this so what do you have to look forward next year?  

Most Dayton fans know we are no where near being even competitive at this point. At first I used the old we don't have any talent logic. So I went back to 2011 and googled Dayton Tx football schedule. The reason I used 2011 is because it was Stewart's first year gone so most all of the kids had been coached by him. Look at what Dayton accomplished that year playing non district opponents that were loaded for the most part. After you look at what they accomplished that year ask me how many D1 players they had. Heck ask me how many kids even got an opportunity to play at a small school. I will tell you the D1 talent rhymes with hero. Also keep in mind that year was accomplished with a 5"7 140lb qb who had a great high school career because he was coached way up and wasn't surprised at what was being thrown at him. Our rb while a good high school player was 5"6 maybe 150 with average speed but Dayton actually knew how to block then and he had some great games for Dayton. Anyway I think most people will be shocked at the caliber of opponents Dayton beat with just good high school players.

Last year we had a 9-1 JV squad, not too shabby in my book, this year I haven’t had time to worry about all this setx talk and it’s all I can do to keep up with varsity. We have two more games for sure this season and then we have 95% of our varsity returning, so I’m looking forward to that. As I stated we do have some good stat leaders in this area and they will be back. I’ll still be wearing my Bronco Purple proud, damn near everywhere I go. 

4 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Last year we had a 9-1 JV squad, not too shabby in my book, this year I haven’t had time to worry about all this setx talk and it’s all I can do to keep up with varsity. We have two more games for sure this season and then we have 95% of our varsity returning, so I’m looking forward to that. As I stated we do have some good stat leaders in this area and they will be back. I’ll still be wearing my Bronco Purple proud, damn near everywhere I go. 

Keep that purple handy, you got a team that’ll be playing in at least round 3 you can root for.

3 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Most Dayton fans know we are no where near being even competitive at this point. At first I used the old we don't have any talent logic. So I went back to 2011 and googled Dayton Tx football schedule. The reason I used 2011 is because it was Stewart's first year gone so most all of the kids had been coached by him. Look at what Dayton accomplished that year playing non district opponents that were loaded for the most part. After you look at what they accomplished that year ask me how many D1 players they had. Heck ask me how many kids even got an opportunity to play at a small school. I will tell you the D1 talent rhymes with hero. Also keep in mind that year was accomplished with a 5"7 140lb qb who had a great high school career because he was coached way up and wasn't surprised at what was being thrown at him. Our rb while a good high school player was 5"6 maybe 150 with average speed but Dayton actually knew how to block then and he had some great games for Dayton. Anyway I think most people will be shocked at the caliber of opponents Dayton beat with just good high school players.

No D1 talent.  I was told that Orebo and Suptin are being heavily recruited by very legitimate D1 schools right now

14 minutes ago, Bbfan1988 said:

No D1 talent.  I was told that Orebo and Suptin are being heavily recruited by very legitimate D1 schools right now

I know we have several players being considered for the next level, and they will have another year to grow, build, and improve.

15 hours ago, workbootz said:

I guess Hancock wasn't bad after all.

Wasn't bad just wasn't the right fit and just making the playoffs is not everyone's idea of a good coach. It was time for a change, I said then and I'll say it now the change that was made was not the right change even though everyone knew that's What was coming as soon as Hancock left. 

10 hours ago, Broncopride92 said:

When is Dayton going to move the JV kids up from last years JV Team? I heard they were suppose to be really good!!!

That’s the stat leaders I’m talking about, last years JV. First year in varsity play and they fair well as area stats leaders. And we have lost some close ball games, when we change those outcomes look out. Lost one game by 2,6,10, injury plagued all season, just gotta stay focused and work hard. 

20 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

That’s the stat leaders I’m talking about, last years JV. First year in varsity play and they fair well as area stats leaders. And we have lost some close ball games, when we change those outcomes look out. Lost one game by 2,6,10, injury plagued all season, just gotta stay focused and work hard. 

Who cares about stats, and who cares about playing close games and I'm sick of people making excuses,

"Just Win Baby!!!" - That is why we play the games.