Silsbee v Bridge City

STiger85

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think I will take Siksbee in this one. Martin and Taylor maybe a heck of a backfield combo for Siksbee. I don't see anyone holding Barnes and Lowe. Silsbee defense is always a question mark but I think they get it done Friday. 

Silsbee 34

Bridge City 28

All BS aside, I think Silsbee once again will take the field with a much more talented and faster team.  I think it all comes down to how effectively we can stay inside the chains (we can't keep ending up behind them with pre-snap penalties, etc...) and whether or not we can get any pressure on the Silsbee QB. If Silsbee's QB has enough time to let those speedy receivers get past what's left of our secondary, it's going to be a long night... if we can't keep matching the Tigers TD for TD.  

If it comes down to a coaching duel, I like our chances.

Go Cards!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

All BS aside, I think Silsbee once again will take the field with a much more talented and faster team.  I think it all comes down to how effectively we can stay inside the chains (we can't keep ending up behind them with pre-snap penalties, etc...) and whether or not we can get any pressure on the Silsbee QB. If Silsbee's QB has enough time to let those speedy receivers get past what's left of our secondary, it's going to be a long night... if we can't keep matching the Tigers TD for TD.  

If it comes down to a coaching duel, I like our chances.

Go Cards!

Good analysis.  

7 hours ago, HAWK85 said:

Zeke playing hurt rest of the way this weeks list Lara Tims..Honeycutt Baker Ply 

Honeycutt and Ply? Jeez. 

By my math that’s 5 RBs counting Denton... and Silsbee was bummed that A Thomas got moved to linebacker.  

Do they expect any of the five you listed to make it back by the end of the season? 

Wrong, Silsbee was not "bummed" about the Thomas switch. We are impressed of his leadership that he understood what had to happen for the best of the team and the senior DB came through. Looking for the same results this week as last week. A lot of players on both teams hurt and some playing through the pain. Hoping for a injury free game. TigerNation!!!

44 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Wrong, Silsbee was not "bummed" about the Thomas switch. We are impressed of his leadership that he understood what had to happen for the best of the team and the senior DB came through. Looking for the same results this week as last week. A lot of players on both teams hurt and some playing through the pain. Hoping for a injury free game. TigerNation!!!

Well I, for one, was bummed.  He had a good year as a sophomore, switched to LB last year behind Tyler, then got back toting the ball this year.... then back to LB.  That's enough to make a lot of kids give up.  

Here's hoping for a good game!