Silsbee v Bridge City

STiger85

The Silsbee Tigers (2-4, 1-1) will host the Bridge City Cardinals (1-4, 1-1) in a pivotal district game. The Tigers coming off a big time win over Navasota (39-34) and the Cardinals coming off a emotional loss to LCM (47-41). Both teams have had their fare share of injuries.  A big time district game at Tiger Stadium. TigerNation!!! 

Here's a list and results of common opponent, only because there is several common opponents. Silsbee is 1-3 and Bridge City is 0-4

Tigers                Cardinals

PF      PA          PF          PA 

v Newton            17       41           14          55

v Jasper             30       23             7          46

v WOS               17       34            6           39

v LCM                38       58           41          47

The Silsbee/BC game last year was a game for the ages. This year both teams have suffered several injuries that have forced both teams to play younger players. 

After seeing both teams. I’d say this would be a battle. Silsbee has speed on offense and will be able to score quick as we did. That’s really downfall because Bridge City offense is good at keep away and 4th down conversions. The key in stopping BC is that sweep imo. Good luck to both and I hope injury free night

This will be a game that Silsbee's d-linemen can redeem themselves from getting pushed around vs. LC-M.  If the big nasties can show some grit and toughness in the trenches for the entire game, I'm certain we'll have them in 3rd and long situations.  We need defensive stops and early ones.  If we do this, we'll get this tough W...

I’ll take BC in a shootout. Someone forgot to tell BC they are smaller and slower than last years team. The run that system perfectly. From what I was told silsbee blitz 5 or more people all night against navasota. You do that against BC you’ll give up the big play. To stop that offense you either play responsibility defense or slip another defender on the field without the refs seeing it. It’ll be close and exciting.

23 minutes ago, Kegger said:

I’ll take BC in a shootout. Someone forgot to tell BC they are smaller and slower than last years team. The run that system perfectly. From what I was told silsbee blitz 5 or more people all night against navasota. You do that against BC you’ll give up the big play. To stop that offense you either play responsibility defense or slip another defender on the field without the refs seeing it. It’ll be close and exciting.

Nothing wrong with a good run blitz. You can stop it with that.  You'll disrupt that offense in the backfield, were it begins. Since this team isn't much of a passing threat, the chances of you getting caught with 'your drawz down' is slim to non.  Just gotta tackle the person with the ball....

WO-S did it. 

Imo, you can't wait for this offense.  you gotta go get it.  That was the problem last year...

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nothing wrong with a good run blitz. You can stop it with that.  You'll disrupt that offense in the backfield, were it begins. Since this team isn't much of a passing threat, the chances of you getting caught with 'your drawz down' is slim to non.  Just gotta tackle the person with the ball....

WO-S did it. 

Imo, you can't wait for this offense.  you gotta go get it.  That was the problem last year...                your right. There pass game is pretty much bootleg I hope they are not covered if the Qb runs the ball. Once we put Winters and Dunbar on the line of scrimmage it changed the game.

8 minutes ago, LCM17 said:
15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

WO-S did it. 

Imo, you can't wait for this offense.  you gotta go get it.  That was the problem last year...                your right. There pass game is pretty much bootleg I hope they are not covered if the Qb runs the ball. Once we put Winters and Dunbar on the line of scrimmage it changed the game.

Exactly.  Your line have to dominate to stop them.  Probably an 8 man front...

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Exactly.  Your line have to dominate to stop them.  Probably an 8 man front...

I don’t know why my font messed up on the last one. We had  a 7 man front two line backers and two safeties in the second half. To me that made a difference for our  team to control them. LCM struggles against any wing t. I’ve never seen  LCM make a whole lot of adjustments in the second half to there defense in the last 8 years. So when they came out and had somethings changed I was surprised. I think we were 8 man front with one safety the first half. Bridge City stayed in a 3 man front against us and it did not help them at all. Our recivers were open and if they bit on Winters in the zone read our Qb gashed them for some yards. 

13 hours ago, Kegger said:

Navasota has a pretty good passing offense.  Silsbee played their normal defense with a blitz package.  Forced the QB on the run all night.  

LCM ran the trap almost to perfection.  Silsbee made adjustments too late and really just couldn't make up that much ground given up. 

44 1st Half Points. 22 points came with less than two minutes to half. 

We'll see how they match up in the trenches.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the hidden content, please

I think Silsbee will come out ready to play after last year.

I was in attendance.  Good game.  Those young men needed to be excited.  because everyone knew that game was for the district title... Pretty cool though.  One of the gentlemen I sat by from Silsbee (Silsbee Dad Silsbee uncle) was greeted by Draper at the fence.  Evidential, he coached Draper as a small kid.  Pretty cool moment to see Draper greeted like that on Silsbee's  side.

2 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I don’t know what happened to Silsbee, but they have been two different teams this year. I think they regain their confidence and take this game.

Jeckyl and Hyde.

Lots going on in this little town. Needed some time to refocus priorities.

O-Line just has to keep getting better.

Lots of new faces this year even though there are a bunch of seniors.

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Jeckyl and Hyde.

Lots going on in this little town. Needed some time to refocus priorities.

O-Line just has to keep getting better.

Lots of new faces this year even though there are a bunch of seniors.

Someone needs to promise a Silbee D-Linemen a Burger from Hamburger Depot for every tackle behind the line of scrimmage. Important game.  Must win.  I'm confident the Offense will do their thing...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Someone needs to promise a Silbee D-Linemen a Burger from Hamburger Depot for every tackle behind the line of scrimmage. Important game.  Must win.  I'm confident the Offense will do their thing...

For real... Loser of this one might still make the playoffs, but will likely finish far down or last in our district and face somebody like Carthage in the 1st round.  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

How about whoever has the most tackles behind the line gets two free burgers lol