World Series- Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers

What happens to the astros bats on the road?  In the playoffs they have been night and day scoring runs at home vs scoring on the road.

series vs the redsox: (2 home games/2 road games)

home=16 runs (8 run average)

road=8 runs (4 run average)

series vs the yankees: (4 home games/3 road games)

home=15 runs (3.75 average)

road=5 runs (1.7 average)

series vs dodgers: (1 road game so far)

road=1 run 

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

1. Altuve

2. Bregman

3. Correa

4. Gurriel

5. Springer

6. Gonzales 

7. McCann

8. Reddick

9. Verlander

If it were me^^

But I do not get paid the big bucks, and do not claim to be a baseball guru.

I like that lineup except for Reddick. Beltran maybe? Gives you a switch hitter. Give Marisnick a shot. Can he do any worse?

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

I like that lineup except for Reddick. Beltran maybe? Gives you a switch hitter. Give Marisnick a shot. Can he do any worse?

Beltran is awful. I know he has shown the "clutch gene" in previous post seasons, but this ain't then. He wouldn't come off the bench, if it were me. I would be more inclined to play Marisnick. gun to my head? Reddick

7 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Beltran is awful. I know he has shown the "clutch gene" in previous post seasons, but this ain't then. He wouldn't come off the bench, if it were me. I would be more inclined to play Marisnick. gun to my head? Reddick

I'm fully aware of how Beltran has fallen by the wayside, but like I said, one hit would be an improvement. I don't make the big bucks either. Strictly armchair.

Marisnick is out for the season and not on the WS roster.

The problem is the Astros never developed this spot. Springer was a nice boost when they moved him back there last year. Maybe they were hoping Aoki could have been this or been a secondary leadoff guy at the bottom of the order.

I always thought Bregman could make a nice long-term solution now that he has developed as a hitter. He works counts and steals bases. I know he did for a while in Triple A and maybe some in college? Altuve would be the guy if he wasn't the best bat.

Doesn't matter, this is who they are. They don't play situational, station-to-station baseball. They hit a bunch of fastballs for 2Bs and HRs. And are still susceptible to good pitching. Altuve had a nice AB off Kershaw and Correa followed him by bouncing the first pitch into what should have been a double play. Smh  

Put somebody else in the top spot, then whoever is behind him will probably swing at junk.

Anyway, I think our bats could do some damage to the Dodgers bullpen (as good as they've been). With the exception of Jansen, all those guys were borderline starters or low-level closers to start this season. Gotta chase their starters first though. Tonight could be the series, knowing they have Darvish and Kershaw (again) lurking ahead.

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

1. Altuve

2. Bregman

3. Correa

4. Gurriel

5. Springer

6. Gonzales 

7. McCann

8. Reddick

9. Verlander

If it were me^^

But I do not get paid the big bucks, and do not claim to be a baseball guru.

The only change I would make, would be to swap the top 2.  As usual, AJ slow to change and Special K Springer is back at the top trying to hit 6 run homers