Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhatMack19

World Series- Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers

346 posts in this topic

Tue., Oct. 24: Game 1, Astros at Dodgers
Wed. Oct. 25: Game 2, Astros at Dodgers
Fri. Oct. 27: Game 3, Dodgers at Astros
Sat. Oct. 28: Game 4, Dodgers at Astros
Sun. Oct. 29: Game 5*, Dodgers at Astros
Tue. Oct. 31: Game 6*, Astros at Dodgers
Wed. Nov. 1: Game 7*, Astros at Dodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m leaving on a cruise on the 28th.  Poor planning on my part.  It looks like I’ll be in the sports bar watching baseball for most of my trip.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Tue., Oct. 24: Game 1, Astros at Dodgers
Wed. Oct. 25: Game 2, Astros at Dodgers
Fri. Oct. 27: Game 3, Dodgers at Astros
Sat. Oct. 28: Game 4, Dodgers at Astros
Sun. Oct. 29: Game 5*, Dodgers at Astros
Tue. Oct. 31: Game 6*, Astros at Dodgers
Wed. Nov. 1: Game 7*, Astros at Dodgers

How are they handling the DH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

DH in Houston.  Pitchers hit in LA

Didn't they used to alternate years where they played DH every game and next season no DH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Will Fox be putting the World Series on the flagship channel or will the MLB continue to be preempted by compelling games like TCU-Kansas?

They will be on Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, king said:

We just need to steal one in LA and we got this..

I really don’t like the 2-3-2 format even though it could benefit Houston this time. If Houston wins a game on the road they could close out the series at home. The team that earned home field advantage could end up with 1 less home game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baddog said:

Didn't they used to alternate years where they played DH every game and next season no DH?

As long as I can remember, AL parks play with DH and NL park pitchers bat. Regular season, All-Star game, and WS. Wish both sides would go to DH, easier for both sides. 

ManiacAlum2000 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Astros in this series. The lefty on lefty matchup in game one is going to be a great matchup. This game will be big for the Astros, if they can win this game it will be a series changer. Game 2 I think is the Astros to lose. Dodgers haven't faced Verlander, and the Astros are very familiar to Darvish. The Astros need to get the Dodgers starters out early. They don't have the depth the Yankees do, but they have have better offense. With Keuchel, Verlander, and McCullers dealing like they have I like the Astros chances. Also this McHugh will play a big roll in this series. He pitched 4 hit less innings, then was never used again. Also, Gregerson looked good in his 2/3 of an inning. Hinch and the coaches need to use figure out the bullpen, because the Dodgers are patient and run pitch counts up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, About a week ago said:

I like the Astros in this series. The lefty on lefty matchup in game one is going to be a great matchup. This game will be big for the Astros, if they can win this game it will be a series changer. Game 2 I think is the Astros to lose. Dodgers haven't faced Verlander, and the Astros are very familiar to Darvish. The Astros need to get the Dodgers starters out early. They don't have the depth the Yankees do, but they have have better offense. With Keuchel, Verlander, and McCullers dealing like they have I like the Astros chances. Also this McHugh will play a big roll in this series. He pitched 4 hit less innings, then was never used again. Also, Gregerson looked good in his 2/3 of an inning. Hinch and the coaches need to use figure out the bullpen, because the Dodgers are patient and run pitch counts up.

I actually think Rich Hill will be the game 2 starter for the Dodgers.

About a week ago likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

I actually think Rich Hill will be the game 2 starter for the Dodgers.

Got my notification yesterday, he will start. We get Darvish at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the way I see it: If we couldn't hit Dodger's pitching, we wouldn't be here. We have pitching to match theirs and a top hitting lineup to boot. Our defense is tops too. Bring on them Dodgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 11:32 AM, About a week ago said:

I like the Astros in this series. The lefty on lefty matchup in game one is going to be a great matchup. This game will be big for the Astros, if they can win this game it will be a series changer. Game 2 I think is the Astros to lose. Dodgers haven't faced Verlander, and the Astros are very familiar to Darvish. The Astros need to get the Dodgers starters out early. They don't have the depth the Yankees do, but they have have better offense. With Keuchel, Verlander, and McCullers dealing like they have I like the Astros chances. Also this McHugh will play a big roll in this series. He pitched 4 hit less innings, then was never used again. Also, Gregerson looked good in his 2/3 of an inning. Hinch and the coaches need to use figure out the bullpen, because the Dodgers are patient and run pitch counts up.

Good analysis.  Hope you're right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0