East Chambers 31 Hardin 12

thumper72

E C had two touchdowns called back for penalties,  Getting   better   by the week.  Still a lot of missed opportunities,  it gets better.  A win is a win.  Not going to whine about officials, or any thing else.  E C takes its results, at the end of the game ,And tries to improve on what did not go well.  Thump   Thump   Thump

34 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

How long until Coach Haynes gets the Hornets rolling in the right direction?

He has them going in the right direction. They have already improved, but a lot has to do with Snell back on the field. This game still shouldn't have been close. EC missing two key players, lineman banged up all night, but I'll give Hardin credit they play hard. 

12 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

He has them going in the right direction. They have already improved, but a lot has to do with Snell back on the field. This game still shouldn't have been close. EC missing two key players, lineman banged up all night, but I'll give Hardin credit they play hard. 

Gotcha. Yeah from what I read on here he must some kind of coach. This is his second stint in Hardin huh? Did he win several district titles at Hardin back in the day?

8 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Gotcha. Yeah from what I read on here he must some kind of coach. This is his second stint in Hardin huh? Did he win several district titles at Hardin back in the day?

Yes. He is a great coach, they had a lot of talent when he was their the first time. A running back that went to LaTech I believe, and a QB that I believe played college ball. And they had a load of fast receivers. Nothing like they have now. 

9 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I believe that Hardin has won one district championship in their history and that was in 1974. They made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2007 and made the playoffs in 2008. Coach Haynes has done a great job this years with the players available. All of the kids work hard. 

• 7 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 7:18 AM, USC36 said:

Glad to see our neighboring school have some success. I think Hardin is graduating quite a bit of talent. Snell is a senior.

i recently moved to liberty to be closer to my job in mont belvieu and have decided to put both of my kids in Hardin. my baby girl is in junior high and my boy is going to 4th grade. hardin seems to be a good fit for us at this time. i met some of the coaches a few weeks ago and i like what i hear about the AD and administration. from everything i am told, they struggle in football a bit. 

Your son will love the new elementary school. My son goes there as well. We have a good 8th grade group coming up. This years team is stout on the line. Im hearing they got a pretty good move in as well. Really tough district this year. Hardin is one of the better academic schools in themis district for sure.

Orangefield

East Chambers

Woodville

Kirbyville

Anahuac

Buna

Warren

On 5/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, Billontherig said:

Your son will love the new elementary school. My son goes there as well. We have a good 8th grade group coming up. This years team is stout on the line. Im hearing they got a pretty good move in as well. Really tough district this year. Hardin is one of the better academic schools in themis district for sure.

Orangefield

East Chambers

Woodville

Kirbyville

Anahuac

Buna

Warren

who should be the top 4 teams in this district ? woodville and east chambers favorites to win ?

2 hours ago, bradyb said:

Woodville

EC

Buna/OF/Kirbyville

Hardin

Warren 

i would probably agree with this after doing a little research on this district. what does buna, OF and kirbyville have coming back?

i understand woodville to be very good with a lot of key players returning and east chambers is always at the top of their district