Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

3 minutes ago, workbootz said:

Explain how you get an ineligible man down field when the QB takes three steps back and then launch the ball for a TD.  That's one fast O-linemen!!

Easy, qb takes 3 steps back and lineman takes 3 forward lol idk I wasn’t there. And I’m sure there were some bad calls as there always will be, but I get tired of people whining about every single call like their team is perfect and make no mistakes.

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I was not but I can ask my brother.. but honestly, they’ve got it in their heads that the refs are against them no matter what anybody else says. Pretty sad, but as always we are teaching our kids to blame others instead of owning up to your mistakes.

So on every big play for the Jags in the 2nd half there just so happens to be a flag on everyone?EVERY SINGLE chunk play Central got was called back. If they did the same on the few big plays Lumberton had....those refs would have gotten strung up from the goal posts. There is no way in hell you throw 4 damn flags in a row and all 4 plays were chunk plays.  And laterTwo opposing players get into a scrum you call it only on Central.But next drive you have two Raiders pinning a Central player to the ground well after the whistle(strike 1)he and after he got up the Lumberton player shoves him(strike 2) and you call offsettng personal fouls when the Central player never retaliated ....Central's DB catches a pick falls gets up and way after the whistle the Lumberton's WR kocks him to the ground. No flag.......

But hey we're jus whining. Lets see how yall would act if your team got the same treatment

16 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Well, you called it with "no matter how good either team is". 

Okay, maybe Central can rise to the occasion. As I said, they have to play the game. My statement stands though... Central has an average defense at best. A rivalry mentality might make it closer than it should be but if Central doesn't rise to that rivaly occasion.......

Talk to my friend a scout from Jacksonville State , he said some calls were questionable but others were just simple stuff. Nothing really just major that doesn't happen anywhere else from what he seen 

Other than that he said Central defense has pretty good persuit to that ball and defense is pretty quick but Lumberton didn't really have a good offenseive gameplan from the looks of it, He said neither team really just looked that good, but Central was the better team on the field from what he saw 

And that's from a D1-AA college scout 

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Easy, qb takes 3 steps back and lineman takes 3 forward lol idk I wasn’t there. And I’m sure there were some bad calls as there always will be, but I get tired of people whining about every single call like their team is perfect and make no mistakes.

Not a single one of Central's line man took a step foward......they were either on the ground or got pushed backward. That was maybe the worst call on that drive.

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Let’s be realistic and skip all the “rah rah” as stattrax calls it... central offense only scored 10 points on Lumberton tonight (they scored another td on a fumble recovery). 3 of those offensive points were because we punted for zero yard on our own 20 yard line setting them up for easy points. And our defense isn’t the best either. So, how does central plan on keeping up with PNG with an offense like that? I just don’t see it

Central Ran at will for the most part. Like I stated. In the 2nd half any big play Central got there was mysteriously some sort of penalty. Almost every chunk play for Central was called back 

Centrals secondary will be tested with Riggs coming in to town. That kids definition of a bad game is 3 catches 70 yards and no tds. He did something like that at Memorial last year. The kid hasnt been covered in any game Ive seen or listened to. Im looking forward to see how he performs against another Big test.

Any side of the ball can turn the tide from week to week. '

ie Memorial only scored 13pts on Nederland but dropped 30 on PNG in the 1st half alone. Lumberton put up 19 and 21  on Memorial and Vidor. But only put up 6 against Central. From what i've seen and heard from PNG's Defense if they cant contain Corbin and Foster.....It'll be quite the shootout.

4 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Any side of the ball can turn the tide from week to week. '

ie Memorial only scored 13pts on Nederland but dropped 30 on PNG in the 1st half alone. Lumberton put up 19 and 21  on Memorial and Vidor. But only put up 6 against Central. From what i've seen and heard from PNG's Defense if they cant contain Corbin and Foster.....It'll be quite the shootout.

I’d take PNG in a shootout 

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Centrals secondary will be tested with Riggs coming in to town. That kids definition of a bad game is 3 catches 70 yards and no tds. He did something like that at Memorial last year. The kid hasnt been covered in any game Ive seen or listened to. Im looking forward to see how he performs against another Big test.

Thats the million dollar matchup. PNG's receivers vs Centrals's DB's  

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

That one right there was the one that pissed everyone off. You have 2 Raiders jumping on 1 Jaguar. You call it offsetting. But the Lumberton drive before 2 players get in a scrum and you call it only on Central.

Nelson should submit the film to the UIL  

This is the one that got my blood boiling.  I can't believe it...

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

If Central's D hangs tough and the offense is competent.  I say 28-24 Jags or 38-35 Jags

If the Jags O in MIA i say 31-14 Indians 

I can see this.  Our D will be there.  It just depends on what O shows up.  It kind of looked like they were looking ahead to the Indians instead of focusing on the game at hand...

32 minutes ago, workbootz said:

Explain how you get an ineligible man down field when the QB takes three steps back and then launch the ball for a TD.  That's one fast O-linemen!!

Seriously? Are you suggesting a lineman cannot cross the LOS going forward in the time it takes a QB to make a 3 step drop, set his feet and throw the ball. Better come with something better than that.