Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's not how it went down.  No one blamed the officials on the outcome of our last game.  We just took notice of the officiating.  

This game Will be determined by the players.  My thing is that penalties shouldn't be one sided.  Usually not the case when Jags and Indians hook up...

I completely understand and agree.  Officiating seems to have been an issue over the past few years (suffered by almost all of the teams at one point or another).  It is horrible when you suffer a loss and can pin point calls made (not at all or in your teams favor) and the outcome would have possibly been different. However; you also can review game tapes and find multiple mistakes your team could have capitalized or scored on a particular drive or situation that wouldn't have you leaning up against the ropes looking for someone to blame over a one or two score loss.  Much respect or PA.  They have a well coached team with many stand out athletes.  But they had many opportunities to put points on the board and come out with a win that would make this whole "bad officiating" excuse irreverent.    

I think its a two pronged thing.  the officiating by the officials of course but  you also got to realize, you dont have gametape and though you can see the field, you may not be able to see everything that happens. Thats why they don't use just one ref. Some of the stuff people are crying about is flagrant and easy to spot with a remote and a zoom in button. Plus some of these teams complaining average 7-10 penalties a game throughout the season. That reflects something wrong with the team. Any way to pull up penalty stats?

24 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I think its a two pronged thing.  the officiating by the officials of course but  you also got to realize, you dont have gametape and though you can see the field, you may not be able to see everything that happens. Thats why they don't use just one ref. Some of the stuff people are crying about is flagrant and easy to spot with a remote and a zoom in button. Plus some of these teams complaining average 7-10 penalties a game throughout the season. That reflects something wrong with the team. Any way to pull up penalty stats?

I find it funny when fans (even in our stands) complain anytime a flag is thrown. There’s no way I or anybody in the stands can see the whole field, and most of the time I’m watching the play, not paying attention to linemen blocking or stuff like that. So basically what I’m trying to say is for me to complain about a holding call would be dumb unless I actually see it happen. 9 times out of 10 I think people just complain just to do it. And once again, I’m speaking of Lumberton fans too!

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's not how it went down.  No one blamed the officials on the outcome of our last game.  We just took notice of the officiating.  

This game Will be determined by the players.  My thing is that penalties shouldn't be one sided.  Usually not the case when Jags and Indians hook up...

Being that it's on a Thursday, I think we will get a good group of officials that will let the kids decide the out come of the game...

7 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Best of luck to you guys. I really am pulling for you guys to get the kiddos lives back to normalcy at school and home for those still fighting Harvey.

Just like everyone else that was affected by Harvey, it's back to normalcy for some at home and for some it's not.  As for the actual school, there is no quick solution but the kids have adjusted better than I thought they would.  I think just being back on a normal routine has helped tremendously on and off the field. 

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Just like everyone else that was affected by Harvey, it's back to normalcy for some at home and for some it's not.  As for the actual school, there is no quick solution but the kids have adjusted better than I thought they would.  I think just being back on a normal routine has helped tremendously on and off the field. 

I forgot to ask, where do they go now if central was deemed unfit

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe this rash of bad officiating comes from the overall shortage of officials in Texas right now.  It's just that the ones we have are just the bottom of the barrel, I think...

Not to beat a dead horse but I talked to the 4 officials that called the Lumberton/Central JV game this past week prior to the game.  The jist of the conversation was that they don't go through the same trainings and gradings that they use to years ago.  Anyway, I don't think officials will decide this game coming up...

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Or it could just be maturity, something that some “winners” on here don’t even have.

Feel free to read every post I've made on this site. I promise after every loss I have stated we lost to the better team. Over 2600 posts you will never find a ref post from me. Every post I have made about a team being a bad team is just that a bad team. Numbers back that up. I do not bash on teams that compete for DCs year in year out. The difference between winning and losing, allows you to make statements like that. It's easy to tell who has strapped it up on this site and who hasn't. Because if you've strapped it up and was on the winning side, you know that it made no difference on what flag was thrown or not.... You strapped it up and left no doubt. All this crying about refs is ridiculous. I never played in a game and thought to myself, dam that was a bad call, or dam those guys didn't shake my hands before the game. And anyone with a winning mentality would agree with me 100%.... It's also easy to tell the folk that has strapped I up and was on the losing end most of the time..... Call it maturity, call it arrogance, call it whatever.... Im from the days of winning is everything, not we are all winners.... once again numbers back up my words.....

12 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Feel free to read every post I've made on this site. I promise after every loss I have stated we lost to the better team. Over 2600 posts you will never find a ref post from me. Every post I have made about a team being a bad team is just that a bad team. Numbers back that up. I do not bash on teams that compete for DCs year in year out. The difference between winning and losing, allows you to make statements like that. It's easy to tell who has strapped it up on this site and who hasn't. Because if you've strapped it up and was on the winning side, you know that it made no difference on what flag was thrown or not.... You strapped it up and left no doubt. All this crying about refs is ridiculous. I never played in a game and thought to myself, dam that was a bad call, or dam those guys didn't shake my hands before the game. And anyone with a winning mentality would agree with me 100%.... It's also easy to tell the folk that has strapped I up and was on the losing end most of the time..... Call it maturity, call it arrogance, call it whatever.... Im from the days of winning is everything, not we are all winners.... once again numbers back up my words.....

I agree with you 100%.. and I don’t need to go back and read any of your posts, because no matter how much you like to stir the pot (especially when it comes to us) I do respect what you have to say. That comment wasn’t directed towards you. There’s certain teams *cough pam cough* who just wont let it go about the refs every single game. And then turn around and talk crap on a very good qb that just beat their team. That’s what I can’t stand. It gets pretty annoying to see teams that are used to winning and when they lose one game they can’t just admit that they lost fair and square.

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:
1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree with you 100%.. and I don’t need to go back and read any of your posts, because no matter how much you like to stir the pot (especially when it comes to us) I do respect what you have to say. That comment wasn’t directed towards you. There’s certain teams *cough pam cough* who just wont let it go about the refs every single game. And then turn around and talk crap on a very good qb that just beat their team. That’s what I can’t stand. It gets pretty annoying to see teams that are used to winning and when they lose one game they can’t just admit that they lost fair and square.

I have yet to see a post where anyone has talked crap on Shug. At least I know I never have. In fact I have spoken very highly of the kid. I agree with most of what you and Strat are stating. What I disagree with is making the statement that the better team won. Pn was the better team that night. If they play PAM 10 times, PAM would win 7-8 times. The better team lost that night. Happens often. 

27 minutes ago, PAT said:

I have yet to see a post where anyone has talked crap on Shug. At least I know I never have. In fact I have spoken very highly of the kid. I agree with most of what you and Strat are stating. What I disagree with is making the statement that the better team won. Pn was the better team that night. If they play PAM 10 times, PAM would win 7-8 times. The better team lost that night. Happens often. 

The ones who spoke negatively about Shug know who they are, definitely wasn’t you.

And as far as what Team is better, that just a matter of opinion at this point. But I get what your saying too

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Why is holding even a penalty? It goes on every play in every game. If they threw a flag for every one, the game would probably last 8 hours..lol

Because its much easier to hold and tackle somebody than to use the techniques taught to block. It evens blocking and pass rushing out.