Lufkin 50 Beaumont West Brook 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

When you have a bruising RB that keeps busting big runs up the middle, and West Brook never goes from a 3/4 scheme, to a 6 man front to stop the run, that's definitely coaching. The coaches had these kids set up to lose. Peevy was on the sidelines with no headset on, with his head looking at the ground, pacing the sidelines with his hands in his pocket. Now, who does that? I've never seen this type of coaching, before. The lack of preparation, and the lack of in game adjustments, proves that this staff cannot compete with the elite of 6A. They didn't give those kids an opportunity to win. It's a disgrace, and we expect better. I mean, how do you go on the road, one year, and score 70 points on a team, and win, to losing to the same team, at home, and only score 7? I don't get it. Lufkin was better prepared, and better coached. Period. They werent the better team.

Look how well BWB did vs The Woodlands.  They did much better than last year.  So last year against their two best district foes they played better than expected one game and worse than expected one game.  This year BWB played better against The Woodlands than last year and worse against Lufkin than last year.  I don't see the problem.  Should adjustment have been made against Lufkin, yes.  Did they out play The Woodlands in the first half this year, yes.  I think there is a really good chance BWB will progress further in the playoffs this year.  I like a lot of things about the team.

4 hours ago, TXFBfan said:

Look how well BWB did vs The Woodlands.  They did much better than last year.  So last year against their two best district foes they played better than expected one game and worse than expected one game.  This year BWB played better against The Woodlands than last year and worse against Lufkin than last year.  I don't see the problem.  Should adjustment have been made against Lufkin, yes.  Did they out play The Woodlands in the first half this year, yes.  I think there is a really good chance BWB will progress further in the playoffs this year.  I like a lot of things about the team.

WB has a good team, It would definitely be a tall task to make it farther in the playoffs this year.....Reg 2 is pretty stout

20 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Inaccurate post.  And it's only brought up when the big loss happened.  Salary isn't an issue when winning happens.  Actually, the last few successful coaches that's came through BISD and left WASN'T because of salaries...  Smh.

I wonder what Moody used LC-M for when he was there?

I'm well aware of why the last coach left. I'm a WB fan. My fault is with BISD for not paying what it takes to keep the good coaches. If you're hungry and talented trying to make a name for yourself. West Brook is a good spot for a few years to win. And then go to Houston Dallas or San Antonio to go get paid. 

Money has nothing to do with the loss everyone entitled to an off game.  The comment was if you like to keep a good coach it costs money. BISD doesn't pay.

Same thing with teachers. Unless you are just so in love with Beaumont its hard to turn down the bonuses, better pay, less work and newer schools in Houston.

As for the LCM comment????? I don't get it.  And why you're trying to get personal?  I like west brook (my reasons are personal but valid) unlike half the commenters on this thread. You're barking up the wrong tree.

20 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Inaccurate post.  And it's only brought up when the big loss happened.  Salary isn't an issue when winning happens.  Actually, the last few successful coaches that's came through BISD and left WASN'T because of salaries...  Smh.

I wonder what Moody used LC-M for when he was there?

On 10/21/2017 at 8:38 PM, D3zii said:

Like I've said before Until Westbrook gets a really good hard nose, no nonsense coach  it'll continue to be the same story, No matter how Good the players are

2ND TIER 

Gotta pay to play. BISD doesn't understand 6a coach salaries start at 115K. They're barely paying 5a salaries. That's why they can't keep the good ones. WB is now a stepping stone job. 

21 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I'm well aware of why the last coach left. I'm a WB fan. My fault is with BISD for not paying what it takes to keep the good coaches. If you're hungry and talented trying to make a name for yourself. West Brook is a good spot for a few years to win. And then go to Houston Dallas or San Antonio to go get paid. 

Money has nothing to do with the loss everyone entitled to an off game.  The comment was if you like to keep a good coach it costs money. BISD doesn't pay.

Same thing with teachers. Unless you are just so in love with Beaumont its hard to turn down the bonuses, better pay, less work and newer schools in Houston.

As for the LCM comment????? I don't get it.  And why you're trying to get personal?  I like west brook (my reasons are personal but valid) unlike half the commenters on this thread. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Gotta pay to play. BISD doesn't understand 6a coach salaries start at 115K. They're barely paying 5a salaries. That's why they can't keep the good ones. WB is now a stepping stone job. 

I mistakes you as an LC-M fan.  My bad.

If you experts know anything the last few West Brook coaches did not leave for money it was the bad admin that they have to deal with , just like this current head coach , no support from the top in all three schools and it wont be long when we have three more head coaches and that is a fact!

A piece of trivia.....And possibly very good news for future BWB teams.

The Woodlands has one of the best JV 1 teams over the last several.  That is in part due to lots of talent that plays on JV, that would play on most varsity teams.  Huge school, huge program, makes sense.  They don't loose.  In fact JV 1 last lost a game in 2012 (if memory serves me correctly).  They've played Katy JV 1 every year in that period, along with some other very good programs.  BWB beat them last week.  Fans should feel very very good about future prospects.