West Orange-Stark 26 Hardin-Jefferson 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

53 minutes ago, demons95 said:

HJ has more than one speedster. That speedster just happened to carry the ball. A few Terrible referee calls in my Charles Barkley voice and the Mustangs are on their heels. Quarterback was on the ground with possession of the football, whistle blown then WOS recovers. That call was a game changer. Say what you wanna, but had the refs not blown that call Coach T would have been giving a post game loss speech.

This dude...

3 hours ago, demons95 said:

HJ has more than one speedster. That speedster just happened to carry the ball. A few Terrible referee calls in my Charles Barkley voice and the Mustangs are on their heels. Quarterback was on the ground with possession of the football, whistle blown then WOS recovers. That call was a game changer. Say what you wanna, but had the refs not blown that call Coach T would have been giving a post game loss speech.

If go look at the play on hudl the HJ qb never had the ball...#35 from WOS fell on it. 

7 hours ago, demons95 said:

Should have could have would have. It didn't happen. Instead HJ gives the post game loser speech!!

HJ will always bring their "A" game against WOS. Coming off a bye week helped you guys also imo. I believe the center is playing the wrong position also imo NOT QUESTIONING THE COACHES IN ANYWAY. Special teams may be a better fit for him. Having said that can we move the center up from JV, and why is it that Watson has to be in the shotgun position on most plays? Are we using a different offense to suit his running game? I'm  just curious. Congrats WO-S on   the win last night. Practice, practice, practice.

It was more of what we didn’t do. We had our worst game in 3-4 years and still could’ve blew this one open. We had TDs called back, passes being dropped, our 2 all districts safeties (Thibodeaux and Teel) out with injuries, bad snaps and just careless mistakes. Just doesn’t make any sense. They were no better than HF. We approached the end zone nearly every single drive. Coach T will do a good job of getting all this cleaned up. I feel sorry for the players on this bye week though.

15 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

It was more of what we didn’t do. We had our worst game in 3-4 years and still could’ve blew this one open. We had TDs called back, passes being dropped, our 2 all districts safeties (Thibodeaux and Teel) out with injuries, bad snaps and just careless mistakes. Just doesn’t make any sense. They were no better than HF. We approached the end zone nearly every single drive. Coach T will do a good job of getting all this cleaned up. I feel sorry for the players on this bye week though.

I stated the same on this thread. The mistakes must be addressed going forward. With this many games into the season the mistakes are costing WOS big time. Any coach will take a win in the end, but WOS players will have to work extra hard during this bye week and going forward. My question about the bad snaps is, is the center a junior or senior? Is this his first year at center? This many games into the season with all the practice the coaches are doing and still this many bad snaps must be worked on. WOS is going not going to get back to state with these mistakes. 

30 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

HJ will always bring their "A" game against WOS. Coming off a bye week helped you guys also imo. I believe the center is playing the wrong position also imo NOT QUESTIONING THE COACHES IN ANYWAY. Special teams may be a better fit for him. Having said that can we move the center up from JV, and why is it that Watson has to be in the shotgun position on most plays? Are we using a different offense to suit his running game? I'm  just curious. Congrats WO-S on   the win last night. Practice, practice, practice.

To answer your question, I believe being in the shotgun helps Chakas play style. If we run the read option, he has more time to read the defense and hit an open gap. JD3 didn't run that many RO so he would go under center more. Just two different playing styles for each one. Both had their strengths and weaknesses and I believe having CW in the gun makes more sense. I could be wrong though....just my opinion.

11 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

I stated the same on this thread. The mistakes must be addressed going forward. With this many games into the season the mistakes are costing WOS big time. Any coach will take a win in the end, but WOS players will have to work extra hard during this bye week and going forward. My question about the bad snaps is, is the center a junior or senior? Is this his first year at center? This many games into the season with all the practice the coaches are doing and still this many bad snaps must be worked on. WOS is going not going to get back to state with these mistakes. 

The back up center last year was usually Paul Ivory but since he’s starting dline he hasn’t been able to pursue that role or hike any snaps at all 

Thanks guys for clearing things up. Now I understand a little bit better now how Watson is reading the defense of the other team.( Kicker 2.0).

1 hour ago, wosfan1992 said:

Lack of practice due to Harvey is showing up ,however I'm glad these mistakes are fixable before  the post regular season is over. wosfan1992 agree with your post 100%.

32 minutes ago, Tigerfan24 said:

I told y’all HJ had alittle something for WOS!!!

For the first time in forever, HJ had a QB who could throw. Two consecutive 30+ yarders including the first TD was impressive. Beyond that, they had the one breakaway run for a TD in the second half. That is the offensive game summary for HJ. The WO-S defense held them in check. However, this was easily the best HJ team we've seen since 2014. 

I noticed that Chaka went under center for the final drive. We might see more of this by necessity, but it is better that he be in shotgun. It's easier for him to read the defense and make quick decisions/reactions. The best case for us is to get the center snap FIXED and ASAP. If we don't, someone will knock us off in the playoffs. 

16 hours ago, demons95 said:

I beg to differ on Cornel giving a post game losing speech. That is funny, regardless of how tough HJ played. That kid might have been #12

I was just watching the UT game, and someone pointed out the screwy way they are holding the football, prior to snapping. One end is on the ground, and the other end is in the guy's hand! Unless those centers have really big hands, they are not going to control it like that. I don't know who came up with this style of snapping the ball, but it is NOT WORKING for WOS!

23 minutes ago, XX Man said:

I was just watching the UT game, and someone pointed out the screwy way they are holding the football, prior to snapping. One end is on the ground, and the other end is in the guy's hand! Unless those centers have really big hands, they are not going to control it like that. I don't know who came up with this style of snapping the ball, but it is NOT WORKING for WOS!

This long into the season this is an issue that needs to be resolved. If not than the season may be shorter than WOS wants. I watched on game and this happened several times. Perhaps go back to 2 hands on the ball and hike it, what ever works for the young man, please help him. I know the Coach's staff is working on this and other things but this late in the season, thank God for the bye, it needs to be corrected.