Wise Words by the President

TxHoops

13 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I believe that would be called highly selective respect.  Is it my imagination or are you complimenting an individual you previously regarded as a dunce?

It would be your imagination if you didn’t read or understand the second sentence of my two sentence post. 

And for the record, it is not the first time I have been complimentary of W (and his father) on this board.  I believe both to be fine Christian men.  

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It would be your imagination if you didn’t read or understand the second sentence of my two sentence post. 

And for the record, it is not the first time I have been complimentary of W (and his father) on this board.  I believe both to be fine Christian men.  

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

Is more government the solution for said problems?

No more than answering a question with another question.  My "off topic" question was a response to the emboldened below which is part of this thread.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I sure do miss Bush. He was a leader. In all honesty, his message reflects problems created on all sides

Couldn’t agree more. 

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

The only thing about Bush that bothered me a little was he said nucular instead of nuclear, but he seemed like such an approachable man that I gave him a pass on that one.

I would also say he had the best sense of humor of any President I can recall.  Since he’s been out of office it is even more apparent, maybe because he appears more relaxed in interviews.  The mispronunciations (the one you stated most notably) was actually kind of an endearing quality to me as it reminded me of not my mother and wife, each of whom seem to take joy in mispronouncing certain words.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I would also say he had the best sense of humor of any President I can recall.  Since he’s been out of office it is even more apparent, maybe because he appears more relaxed in interviews.  The mispronunciations (the one you stated most notably) was actually kind of an endearing quality to me as it reminded me of not my mother and wife, each of whom seem to take joy in mispronouncing certain words.  

You ain't too bad Hoops. 

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Just think, the man receiving all the praise today was blamed for everything that went wrong during his term and also for everything that went wrong in his successors first term.

The one that I think is the most off the wall is what happened in NOLA.  The incompetent mayor, Ray "chocolate city" Nagin, blaming his inadequacies on Bush.  We see where this fool ended up.

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Prior Prez and Trumps opponent are responsible for Trump being elected.

That honor is given to Hillary and her baggage. And in order to get to Hillary he beat out over a dozen of the best the republicans had to offer. So between republicans and dems, Trump was the best the United States had to offer. smgdh.

6 hours ago, six burg said:

That honor is given to Hillary and her baggage. And in order to get to Hillary he beat out over a dozen of the best the republicans had to offer. So between republicans and dems, Trump was the best the United States had to offer. smgdh.

I half-way agree, and obviously half-way disagree. I agree that part of the "honor" should go to Hillary and her baggage, but the more significant contribution should be laid at the feet of the mainstream media that unfairly demonized Bush and unfairly patronized Obama. The American voter was finally motivated to say enough is enough.

16 hours ago, six burg said:

I apologized for negative George W comments also since this dishonest, Lying, no integrity prez we now have.

16 hours ago, six burg said:

I apologized for negative George W comments also since this dishonest, Lying, no integrity prez we now have.

absence makes the heart grow fonder

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

I half-way agree, and obviously half-way disagree. I agree that part of the "honor" should go to Hillary and her baggage, but the more significant contribution should be laid at the feet of the mainstream media that unfairly demonized Bush and unfairly patronized Obama. The American voter was finally motivated to say enough is enough.

The economy and Dick Haliburtins war didn't help Bush

18 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

You ain't too bad Hoops. 

I've been working with him to increase his understanding of how things work politically.  He's come a long way.  Dropped out of the ACLU.  Learned to say conservative with only a moderate increase in bp, and now has a "What, me worry?" sticker on his car.

All joking aside, one of the very few liberals I can sit and discuss politics with in normal discourse.  We don't agree a lot, but respect each other's views.  I have family (in-laws) that I can't do that with.  How we all should be, but very few are.

49 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I will now wait with bated breath for you to post a video and apology of/to Ted Cruz :) 

Don’t hold your breath, unless you’ve recently increased your cardio routine!  But don’t worry, there are few whor.... err, congressmen on either of side of the aisle I feel are owed an apology!