Texas A&M Offer to Nederland's Hayden Hefner

On Monday morning of this week, Texas A&M made an offer to Nederland Sophomore Hayden Hefner. This is Hefner's 5th offer, others include:

Incarnate Word

Lamar University

University of Houston

Oklahoma University

Texas A&M University

I know his family well, and I have no doubt that he will continue to work hard and improve over the next 3 years!

Congrats young man...

5 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

On Monday morning of this week, Texas A&M made an offer to Nederland Sophomore Hayden Hefner. This is Hefner's 5th offer, others include:

Incarnate Word

Lamar University

University of Houston

Oklahoma University

Texas A&M University

I know his family well, and I have no doubt that he will continue to work hard and improve over the next 3 years!

Congrats young man...

He is a stud. Many more offers coming.

12 hours ago, kingjames said:

good kid and good player. I don’t believe the kids in silsbee have academic issues either at least I know for certain one doesn’t 

Wasn't implying that they did, particularly the certain one you mentioned.

Just saying when you are at the top of your class academically and have the ability that Hefner has, schools will come a calling.

4 hours ago, Razor said:

No eligibility questions here, soulja!  the kids family , mom and dad, have been bulldogs for years...nice try, though

Just saying.  The African kid was eligible, but the Nederland staff went after him.  If you acknowledge  that, then I'll acknowledge that 'nice try' thingamajig....

10 hours ago, Michele said:

Keep this thread positive about this young man's accomplishments ... Congrats Hayden and keep working hard.  Can't wait to see you play this year.

I want to see how he measures up to the other good talent in the district...  Wanna see him against the big 3.  Memorial, Central, and Ozen....

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I want to see how he measures up to the other good talent in the district...  Wanna see him against the big 3.  Memorial, Central, and Ozen....

He performed extremelywell this summer against far better talent than he will see in that district.  Has insane hops, shoots it well, and has really good vision.   Hence the offers (although the academics certainly don’t hurt either).   Likes to distribute the ball and plays extremely unselfish.  The key for the bulldogs this season will be who else can step up.  

Thank you, Mr. positive...the kid has exceptional tools, the best of which includes his understanding of the game and court vision...I was extremely impressed with his feel for the game, particularly as a freshman...he is already REALLY good and will only get better...apparently some pretty smart basketball people think so as well

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The kid will do fine he played against better talent on the Under Armour Circuit and held his own he needs to just keep working I think the best is yet to come and I’ve seen him play a lot of ball.

21 minutes ago, kingjames said:

The kid will do fine he played against better talent on the Under Armour Circuit and held his own he needs to just keep working I think the best is yet to come and I’ve seen him play a lot of ball.

Going against teams with real coaches that will game plan to stop you and get a win.  Not teams that just go out and streetball and 1 moves.  I know used shoe salesman that can stand on those sidelines and tell the kid to 'run, jump, block out, ect'...