Little Cypress-Mauriceville 47 Bridge City 41/FINAL

WOSgrad

It didn’t hurt for y’all that we lost Baker and Lara. That #28 took his first snaps that I’ve paid attention to tonight. The loss of Tims on defense was a big one tonight, too. 

I looked up one time and one of our offensive guards was in the secondary on defense. The last kid kicking off is a d-lineman in his first game back from breaking his arm. I’ve never seen him kick before. That’s why we were going for two. It wasn’t strategy. 

Good game Bears. How’s it feel to be alone atop the district? Nice work, and good for you LCM17... you’ve been like Moses in the wilderness. Enjoy the ride, Amigo. 

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Seems like a good game.  Looks like BC just sent a message that they are the defending district champs and they are not going down like that...  Did good against a pretty good Bear team.  Looks like Silsbee will have a good game next week...

It all depends on who all is suited out next week. The cupboard is bare, my man. 

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It didn’t hurt for y’all that we lost Baker and Lara. That #28 took his first snaps that I’ve paid attention to tonight. The loss of Tims on defense was a big one tonight, too. 

I looked up one time and one of our offensive guards was in the secondary on defense. The last kid kicking off is a d-lineman in his first game back from breaking his arm. I’ve never seen him kick before. That’s why we were going for two. It wasn’t strategy. 

Good game Bears. How’s it feel to be alone atop the district? Nice work, and good for you LCM17... you’ve been like Moses in the wilderness. Enjoy the ride, Amigo. 

Feels pretty good. Besides all that man yalls coaching staff is outstanding. Those kids play good technique on offense. I felt that we could have thrown more on that defense. But if we score to quickly y’all ate the clock. Yall will be  in the playoffs. Y’all and silsbee will be will be a good game. 

11 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Did you watch the Navasota and Silsbee game if so how good is navasota

No couldn’t make that one getting off at 5.....  Sounds like Navasota has trouble stopping the run and with turnovers.  I think we had 3 ints and a fumble recovery that I know of.  

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

No couldn’t make that one getting off at 5.....  Sounds like Navasota has trouble stopping the run and with turnovers.  I think we had 3 ints and a fumble recovery that I know of.  

Yeah I think we will be able to run on them. I just didn’t know how good those wide receivers were

24 minutes ago, marshman said:

LCM has some weapons on offense and it seems like they are finding their groove.  Would like to see some improvement on defense though. Can't give up 38 and 41 points each week and expect just to outscore them. But overall glad to see some excitement in Bear country.

I agree we gave up some points but unlike years before I saw them make adjustment on defense. Putting winters and Dunbar at the line of scrimage and it Really put a end to that toss sweep. I’d imagine Burnet is the one that made the adjustments and BC only scored 14 points in 2nd half.  Our offense I felt BC could not contain us.  We had some bad play calling here and there or we just did not execute what they wanted to do. 

5 hours ago, LCM17 said:

I agree we gave up some points but unlike years before I saw them make adjustment on defense. Putting winters and Dunbar at the line of scrimage and it Really put a end to that toss sweep. I’d imagine Burnet is the one that made the adjustments and BC only scored 14 points in 2nd half.  Our offense I felt BC could not contain us.  We had some bad play calling here and there or we just did not execute what they wanted to do. 

Great coach and knows how to coach that D-Line

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It didn’t help that we lost Baker and Lara... our two leading rbs going out had a lot to do with holding us to 14, also. 

With those two leaving the game and Denton being out, it’s amazing that we put 41 up. 

Dubois can coach ‘em up. 

He did a great job. How is Lara?

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It didn’t help that we lost Baker and Lara... our two leading rbs going out had a lot to do with holding us to 14, also. 

With those two leaving the game and Denton being out, it’s amazing that we put 41 up. 

Dubois can coach ‘em up. 

Amazing,,,?? ..to put 41 up the Hamm kid  Honeycutt and Ply arent to shabby 

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Dubois can coach ‘em up. 

I agree it never helps to lose kids, I was just giving my old head coach some props

8 hours ago, HAWK85 said:

Amazing,,,?? ..to put 41 up the Hamm kid  Honeycutt and Ply arent to shabby 

All jokes aside, I’ve never seen Ply before Friday. Honeycutt didn’t seen to have as many touches (he was shoring up the secondary) compared to previous weeks. Hamm runs hard but just doesn’t have the breakaway speed that we’re used to seeing from multiple kids out of the backfield. 

The bears were definitely watching for the qb to sweep after seeing us gouge people  with it a few times already this year. That one got us nowhere on friday. 

Ply looks like he has what it takes and gives an idea what to expect for the next couple of years. 

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

All jokes aside, I’ve never seen Ply before Friday. Honeycutt didn’t seen to have as many touches (he was shoring up the secondary) compared to previous weeks. Hamm runs hard but just doesn’t have the breakaway speed that we’re used to seeing from multiple kids out of the backfield. 

The bears were definitely watching for the qb to sweep after seeing us gouge people  with it a few times already this year. That one got us nowhere on friday. 

Ply looks like he has what it takes and gives an idea what to expect for the next couple of years. 

To see Ply, you would have needed to seen him on Thursday nights with the JV team.  He is a good player being pressed into emergency service.

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Funny .... Hamm kid is fastest of the three just seems to run inside North South type ...