Kirbyville

rykerx144

To you guys who support this new theory of coaching and conditioning please give some reasons why you support it and why you think it will be successful.  I really just want to understand what I'm missing.  I'm not the smartest bale in the barn and I just need some help understanding.  Thanks ahead of time for helping me.

you get a trophy...you get a trophy..everyone gets a trophy! Practice? Are you kidding me? You want me to lift weights and condition? Oh please! Run track to make me a better athlete, which in turn makes for a better athlete for the season the next year..you gotta be kidding me! I don't care how much you run or lift weights in the summer, it's still not the same as being in a supervised program. It's still going to take 3 to 4 weeks when practice starts to get in some sort of shape.

i thought for a brief moment when in high school I wasn't going to play football that season. My mom threatened to ship me off to military school. Times sure have changed.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, rykerx144 said:

Have heard some concerning news about the new culture at kville.  Heard new coach theory is that they are there to coach the x's and o's.  Weight lifting and conditioning are the players responsibility on their own time.  Weight lifting is for off season and not much running taking place.  Any parents with kids playing coming home with similar reports?

1xyngx.jpg

On 10/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, rykerx144 said:

Have heard some concerning news about the new culture at kville.  Heard new coach theory is that they are there to coach the x's and o's.  Weight lifting and conditioning are the players responsibility on their own time.  Weight lifting is for off season and not much running taking place.  Any parents with kids playing coming home with similar reports?

1xyo16.jpg

7 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

False.

If Kirbyville was 6-0 nobody (at Kirbyville)  would care what they’re doing or how they’re conditioning.

But they are not.  They are 2 and 4 and should be 2 and 5 if no storm.  You are correct they are not as good as thought but it's not due to lack of athletes.  Time will expose the truth. 

23 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

But they are not.  They are 2 and 4 and should be 2 and 5 if no storm.  You are correct they are not as good as thought but it's not due to lack of athletes.  Time will expose the truth. 

I disagree. We were 2-4 when you posted this and would most likely have been 3-4 if not for the storm. Our loss to EC would not have happened, but yes we would have lost to Newton. We lost the Orangefield game to the storm also and I believe a strong argument could be made that we would've beaten them. I do 100% agree though that this is NOT a player or talent issue. It goes way above and beyond that. In fact, if it wasn't for the storm I believe we would have been 4-4 right now (after beating Warren last night), tapping on the door of making the playoffs...and that's an amazing feat considering the fact we weren't even expected to compete in any game. If that doesn't show we do have talent then I don't know what does. If our program hadn't been gutted, we had the players to compete with anybody.

On 10/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, WildcatBacker said:

I disagree. We were 2-4 when you posted this and would most likely have been 3-4 if not for the storm. Our loss to EC would not have happened, but yes we would have lost to Newton. We lost the Orangefield game to the storm also and I believe a strong argument could be made that we would've beaten them. I do 100% agree though that this is NOT a player or talent issue. It goes way above and beyond that. In fact, if it wasn't for the storm I believe we would have been 4-4 right now (after beating Warren last night), tapping on the door of making the playoffs...and that's an amazing feat considering the fact we weren't even expected to compete in any game. If that doesn't show we do have talent then I don't know what does. If our program hadn't been gutted, we had the players to compete with anybody.

You may get a chance at redemption.  If EC wins their district and Kville loses to Buna and gets 4th then you'll have another chance.

Our kid's lift 4 days a week during all season's . Sure has made a difference in our kids strength and conditioning.       Ask, Buna they played with us for a half and we wore them out and scored at will with back ups in the game. If kids don't have a choice and nobody to complain to they will fall in line ! It's amazing what leadership can do for a program .

On 10/24/2017 at 1:44 PM, Woodville89 said:

Our kid's lift 4 days a week during all season's . Sure has made a difference in our kids strength and conditioning.       Ask, Buna they played with us for a half and we wore them out and scored at will with back ups in the game. If kids don't have a choice and nobody to complain to they will fall in line ! It's amazing what leadership can do for a program .

I remember when some idiots from Woodville got on here and started bad mouthing the coaches for making them workout during the baseball season. 

Kirbyville will be fine , just a down year all small schools go through this. We are a young team with some pretty good talent. Those of you barking when does baseball start I’m sure Kirbyville will make up for football in baseball. Baseball program is loaded with talent and very young so I see lots of deep playoff runs over the next 4 years and with a little luck and good fortune maybe even a state title. Get all your laughs and kicks in on the football team this year and probably next but after that the boot returns to our foot. 

22 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Kirbyville will be fine , just a down year all small schools go through this. We are a young team with some pretty good talent. Those of you barking when does baseball start I’m sure Kirbyville will make up for football in baseball. Baseball program is loaded with talent and very young so I see lots of deep playoff runs over the next 4 years and with a little luck and good fortune maybe even a state title. Get all your laughs and kicks in on the football team this year and probably next but after that the boot returns to our foot. 

We shall see. I'm going to check out the 7th grade today against Newton then we will see what kind of talent ya'll have coming up.

4 hours ago, marionrobertmorrison said:

How is Kirbyville a young team with 6/7 seniors starting on both sides?  

I didn’t say they had young starters plus a lot of those positions are platoons with young underclassman. Like I said Kirbyville will be just fine no need to worry. A lot of naysayers and haters want to see them fall. Cream always rises to the top 

7 hours ago, jv_coach said:

I remember when some idiots from Woodville got on here and started bad mouthing the coaches for making them workout during the baseball season. 

That is not what was said. They were complaining about lifting on game day. They do not lift on game day during football season. Seeing a kid play on a day he has lifted is as obvious as watching a little league coach tell his kids how to play when he doesn’t know what he is doing.