Kirbyville

rykerx144

Have heard some concerning news about the new culture at kville.  Heard new coach theory is that they are there to coach the x's and o's.  Weight lifting and conditioning are the players responsibility on their own time.  Weight lifting is for off season and not much running taking place.  Any parents with kids playing coming home with similar reports?

They have been conditioning and lifting weights. For most of these kids they stay pretty well conditioned and lift weights in the summer I can vouch for that. If you want to get bigger , faster and stronger coaches can only push and do so much it’s up to the kids. Your talking 14-18 year olds. If they want to get better then they should take it amongst their selves to do so. 

1 hour ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

They have been conditioning and lifting weights. For most of these kids they

This is the hidden content, please
well conditioned and lift weights in the summer I can
for that. If you want to get bigger , faster and stronger coaches can only push and do so much it’s up to the kids. Your talking 14-18
. If they want to get better then they should take it amongst their selves to do so. 

I have heard same thing that the kids are not made to lift during the season at all. 

I've never heard of anything like this. If you want to have a winning program the coaches have to work harder and make sure your team is in the best condition it can be in not only for production sake but for safety sake also.  You are right these are 14 to 18 year olds and unless they have a unique group of senior leaders there is no way this is an improvement in conditioning.  Kids will be lazy and need to be pushed by coaches. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see how this can be an improvement in the safety of these kids.  They need to be supervised while lifting and if they are not in as good condition as their opponents their is a safety risk.

1 hour ago, Tigerfan24 said:

Kirbyville just doesn’t have a very good football team... a few athletes but besides that, just not an all around good football team 

Aaaaand here he is again. Anyone that wants to comment on this (or any) thread...dismiss this Tigerfan24. He's trolling all other threads just trying to get responses to his absurd comments. He's not worth your time. 

24 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

Aaaaand here he is again. Anyone that wants to comment on this (or any) thread...dismiss this Tigerfan24. He's trolling all other threads just trying to get responses to his absurd comments. He's not worth your time. 

Yea he called the kicker from Woodville that went to IMG not very good. He must be pretty dang good to get a shot to play there

The problem these days is we have all become critics.  I believe it happens because we watch all the sports channels and the commentaries that constantly second guess and bash coaching and it becomes second nature. .   I find it so interesting that Rex Ryan, Neuheisel, etc.  all have positions now where they are paid to look at a situation and tell you what the coach SHOULD have done.   If Kirbyville were 6-0 this post would not exist without a single change in any methods or philosophies of coaching taking place.  

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Why don't you ask the coaches from HF about "making" the kids work out?

Plaintiffs are asking for somewhere between $200k and a cool milly.  Sounds like somebody owes me several million for all of the jump squats I've done.  

This kid...and the parents of this kid... should be forced to do a minimum of 1000 squat jumps per day.  For life.

Just for making this entire deal utterly ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

The problem is the refusal of realizing that a group of kids just may not be as good as originally thought...so fingers start being pointed.  

Not true, there's talent there.  Problem is people do not understand the decisions being made.  There's more to it but in not about start calling kids name out.  Coaches that have played are leaving the stadium scratching their head.  Lol

20 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Not true, there's talent there.  Problem is people do not understand the decisions being made.  There's more to it but in not about start calling kids name out.  Coaches that have played are leaving the stadium scratching their head.  Lol

Just about every single game in sports that is or ever has been played leaves half of the fans scratching their heads after the game.  The team that loses never seems to figure out how it could have happened.

I am not a critic nor an expert on anything.  But I would hope that after watching high school football since 1958 and playing from 7th through the 12th grade, I learned a little bit about it.  The news story about HF has nothing to do with coaches getting their players into condition to play football.  And yes if K'ville were 6-0 we wouldn't be having this conversation.  But they're not so we are. 

Conditioning is the most important aspect of having a winning program.  Ask any winning coach.  The winning programs are also the ones who lift during the season (with supervision) and have facilities open all year round for kids to train.  They are also the ones who run their kids.  The better shape they are in the less likely they are to get hurt.  Maybe I'm too old and set in my ways and I sure might be wrong, but with all the distractions kids have today I don't see a team who is responsible for their own conditioning competing very well against teams whose coaches are responsible for his teams conditioning.  I would like to know what benefits they expect to receive by doing this and whose idea it was because I just don't understand.

Do you reckon that Neece just might have seen the hand writing on the wall? Kirbyville was down for  several years until a certain coach (now at Ennis) came in and the kids bought into his program and turned it around.  Good luck Kirbyville, you can turn this around because you have good kids .