What Exactly is a RAH RAH

Stattrax

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Partly true. I think 14.2 rubbed most everyone the wrong way with his overwhelming flow of arrogance. For years, at least two I know of, he got on here and constantly raved the nobody in the Region could compete with Crosby. It was "Crosby shouldn't be challenged or pushed until so and so". Then, Crosby would be bounced in the 2nd Round. Then he would follow it up with, well that school should be 6A or something like that. 

Dude, if you're going to comment on something I said or did don't get on here freaking lying trying to do some bs slander job on me. When the heck have you seen me " constantly rave that nobody in the Region could compete with Crosby" in the deepest region in the state that also contains Manvel, Cedar Park and Temple who Crosby would all have to play consecutively from the #1 seed in the 21-5A draw? In 2015 when we lost to Ridge Point in the 5A-D2 playoffs I did say they should be 6A, the next year they went 10-0 in the 6A Fort Bend district and went to the 6A-D1 playoffs. '14 we won the region so it didn't matter what I said. In '13 in was clear halfway through the season we had a 2nd round Elgin who was ranked #6 in the state and the favorite to win the region that included George Ranch and eventual state finalist Brenham. I wouldn't have said anything stupid like that then either, I had already seen Elgin shut out that same Georgetown team that smoked Ned that year.

Have you possibly heard me say "We may have the best offense in the region"? In 2013 you can make that argument. Have you heard me say "We may have the best defense in the region"? Hard to argue that in 2014 we didn't winning something like 7 of 13 games by a score or less with a mediocre offense by Crosby standards. Have you heard me say no current 5A school in the Houston area has won more regular season or playoff games in the last half decade other than Manvel? That's true too. We've only lost one first round game the last decade and have only made it past the second round twice in that same time span, comments on who should challenge Crosby usually come after the comment "If we can make it past the second round" because the position we play from usually has an easier 3rd round game than the second round draws we have which are the #1 seeds from the Fort Bend district or the Centex area.

Maybe this post does go to AAW's self-control comment but you're straight up lying on me. The arrogance might be partly true but we're in a thread created by another poster about the same rah rah stuff I've pointed to countless times on here, my arrogance is considered using data to make people butt hurt or pointing out your team sucks because they actually do. I don't "rave" about anything I don't research for rebuttal. I appreciate you being a fan of my work since you seem to know it so well.     

*Thank you CougarCal for correcting the "MECCA" comment, it's The Ohana over here.

33 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, if you're going to comment on something I said or did don't get on here freaking lying trying to do some bs slander job on me. When the heck have you seen me " constantly rave that nobody in the Region could compete with Crosby" in the deepest region in the state that also contains Manvel, Cedar Park and Temple who Crosby would all have to play consecutively from the #1 seed in the 21-5A draw? In 2015 when we lost to Ridge Point in the 5A-D2 playoffs I did say they should be 6A, the next year they went 10-0 in the 6A Fort Bend district and went to the 6A-D1 playoffs. '14 we won the region so it didn't matter what I said. In '13 in was clear halfway through the season we had a 2nd round Elgin who was ranked #6 in the state and the favorite to win the region that included George Ranch and eventual state finalist Brenham. I wouldn't have said anything stupid like that then either, I had already seen Elgin shut out that same Georgetown team that smoked Ned that year.

Have you possibly heard me say "We may have the best offense in the region"? In 2013 you can make that argument. Have you heard me say "We may have the best defense in the region"? Hard to argue that in 2014 we didn't winning something like 7 of 13 games by a score or less with a mediocre offense by Crosby standards. Have you heard me say no current 5A school in the Houston area has won more regular season or playoff games in the last half decade other than Manvel? That's true too. We've only lost one first round game the last decade and have only made it past the second round twice in that same time span, comments on who should challenge Crosby usually come after the comment "If we can make it past the second round" because the position we play from usually has an easier 3rd round game than the second round draws we have which are the #1 seeds from the Fort Bend district or the Centex area.

Maybe this post does go to AAW's self-control comment but you're straight up lying on me. The arrogance might be partly true but we're in a thread created by another poster about the same rah rah stuff I've pointed to countless times on here, my arrogance is considered using data to make people butt hurt or pointing out your team sucks because they actually do. I don't "rave" about anything I don't research for rebuttal. I appreciate you being a fan of my work since you seem to know it so well.     

*Thank you CougarCal for correcting the "MECCA" comment, it's The Ohana over here.

See.... There is a method to my madness.......

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Hey welcome back at least for a comment

12 minutes ago, GringoChulo said:

Rah Rah- first known use - 1896. Sound coming from a brothel bedroom. It was so funny and  loud everyone heard it. The madam would lead the chant "Rah Rah Rah" to motivate the women everyday. She said she wanted to hear that coming from every room. And if course it spread like an STD.

I've always liked trivia, so this is good info.  Not exactly what you'd expect coming from a room in that type of establishment though.

16 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Seek help.

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The point of the comment is simple. Your arrogance rubs people  the wrong way. Example: "butt hurt because your team sucks". Bro, your team hasn't won anything. You have given "hours of research", that turns out to be useless. For the last two years you go on and on about how great Crosby is all year, and they get trashed in the 2nd round. Data is great and wonderful, but not always accurate for high school kids. Every team in SETX may "Actually suck", but Crosby is far from the Gold Standard. In the grand scheme of Texas High School Football, they are just as irrelevant as our sucky teams in SETX.

15 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The point of the comment is simple. Your arrogance rubs people  the wrong way. Example: "butt hurt because your team sucks". Bro, your team hasn't won anything. You have given "hours of research", that turns out to be useless. For the last two years you go on and on about how great Crosby is all year, and they get trashed in the 2nd round. Data is great and wonderful, but not always accurate for high school kids. Every team in SETX may "Actually suck", but Crosby is far from the Gold Standard. In the grand scheme of Texas High School Football, they are just as irrelevant as our sucky teams in SETX.

yep.  He has been holding them up as the "Gold standard" but those second round exits don't hold up long.

28 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Once again you're a liar. Last year we got worked by Manvel to open the season and lost three weeks later to Porter, you continue to lie about me going "on and on" about how great that team was. I don't hold Crosby up as the Gold Standard of anything, I said we've been the best around here in recent times and it takes somebody from Houston or Central Texas to beat us in the playoffs. When your district can only beat Crosby once in a playoff game in 10 years there is something to that, that streak would be even longer if Dayton hadn't played over there those two years. Most of the teams on here wished that before the season even starts there's a 90% chance you're playing at least 12 games going back 10 years. To say we haven't won anything is your own opinion. I would call four district championships, nine bi-district wins and a region title within the last decade something. Caney Creek beat Livingston 41-14 before we beat them 57-17, I think Caney Creek, Livingston and Lee suck and it's nothing wrong with saying that unless you're a fan of one of those teams and get butt hurt about it. That's funny how you say the research is useless yet there is a realignment thread that if you went and googled some stuff would be a lot more accurate. We are irrelevant, we're just the least un-irrelevant 5A team in this coverage area until we move to 5A-D1 next year.  

28 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Once again you're a liar. Last year we got worked by Manvel to open the season and lost three weeks later to Porter, you continue to lie about me going "on and on" about how great that team was. I don't hold Crosby up as the Gold Standard of anything, I said we've been the best around here in recent times and it takes somebody from Houston or Central Texas to beat us in the playoffs. When your district can only beat Crosby once in a playoff game in 10 years there is something to that, that streak would be even longer if Dayton hadn't played over there those two years. Most of the teams on here wished that before the season even starts there's a 90% chance you're playing at least 12 games going back 10 years. To say we haven't won anything is your own opinion. I would call four district championships, nine bi-district wins and a region title within the last decade something. Caney Creek beat Livingston 41-14 before we beat them 57-17, I think Caney Creek, Livingston and Lee suck and it's nothing wrong with saying that unless you're a fan of one of those teams and get butt hurt about it. That's funny how you say the research is useless yet there is a realignment thread that if you went and googled some stuff would be a lot more accurate. We are irrelevant, we're just the least un-irrelevant 5A team in this coverage area until we move to 5A-D1 next year.  

Welcome back from the past. Well somewhat still living there

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

You want 2-3 years?  3-5 or what you looking for?  Last 5 years would be zero losses in the first round to 22-5A, so I wouldn’t count that.  

Listen Playa Hater lol to Ben honest how far back you go is only relative to your own narrative which in his case is only what makes Crosby become the Mecca. i personally don't care how far you go back. Like when Say PNG has dominated Crosby in their history of playing each other you will say well we beat you the last time or two we played even though PNG holds the all time record by a large amount. But that's not in his narrative to show how Crosby is the Mecca now. Or the dozens of speeches about how landlocked Nederland and PNG are and that they will be less than stellar from now on. So I don't really care to be honest. Best of luck to you guys.