8 HR RULE?

curiousgeorge

23 minutes ago, curiousgeorge said:

I am all for winning, but what happens if we get caught. Then all that extra time is for nothing. Also what are we teaching our Kids? It's ok to cheat until you get caught. 

Well I know Central isn't practicing in the morning, so what school is your son attending?  :):):)

38 minutes ago, curiousgeorge said:

I am all for winning, but what happens if we get caught. Then all that extra time is for nothing. Also what are we teaching our Kids? It's ok to cheat until you get caught. 

Well, if you are worried about the program getting caught, then posting such activity in a public forum is exactly the right thing to do.  smh

39 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

And, why would they practice on Wednesday? Most coaches should know that is church night. Ridiculous.

I thought there was always practice on Wednesday’s? Back many years ago varsity practices mon.-weds. And a walkthrough Thursday.  Walkthrough for Jv& freshmen was Wednesday’s .

I would hire a private investigator.. (Soulja will work). He is very good at sniffing out illegal practices and scrimmages. But in the mean time, I would take my child out of that school and home school him. You can always adopt several other kids and have your own football team. Or possibly get with Nederland parents. (once again Soulja can direct you). Call the U.I.L. and notify them of these horrible infractions. You can also find several media folk on here to report it on Live at 5 if needed. You might need to get a lawyer to sue the school as well in order to get your TIME back...

6 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I would hire a private investigator.. (Soulja will work). He is very good at sniffing out illegal practices and scrimmages. But in the mean time, I would take my child out of that school and home school him. You can always adopt several other kids and have your own football team. Or possibly get with Nederland parents. (once again Soulja can direct you). Call the U.I.L. and notify them of these horrible infractions. You can also find several media folk on here to report it on Live at 5 if needed. You might need to get a lawyer to sue the school as well in order to get your TIME back...

You took it one step further than I, and it was awesome.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I thought there was always practice on Wednesday’s? Back many years ago varsity practices mon.-weds. And a walkthrough Thursday.  Walkthrough for Jv& freshmen was Wednesday’s .

This is the format that most schools use.  I think they are just poking fun at the original poster...

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

*nods head then bows*  

I'm willing to bet that there's more to this than being said.  Is it all "mandatory" practice time?  When I was in school several of us went to the school and worked out an hour before school.  Coaches were there and helped but it wasn't a required time to be there.  Same thing went for after school.  If we stayed after on our own time then it didn't count against the UIL 8 hour limit.

There's no way this coaching staff is forcing players to attend a scheduled practice for 4 hours per day.  They know the rules.  Coaches may figure out ways to get extra time here and there but not to this extreme.  I don't know the situation but I'm betting there's more to it.