Enterprise Top 10 Rankings

DannyShapiroBE

4 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

If I did divide the rankings into big schools and small schools, it'd still be difficult IMO. It'd difficult to split down the middle 1A-3A/4A-6A because most of the schools in my coverage area are 3A, 4A and 5A. There really isn't any perfect algorithm or wealth of teams like Houston. Houston Chron does a top 10 for each classification. Can't do that in Bmt.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes I thought about that as well. Its a tough situation, but looks like you have a decent formula 

9 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

It's not rocket science IMO... If you are not dividing classification and making a top 10. Who can beat who. Newton cannot beat the top 4..... So in my mind they are not in the top 4. We all agree WOS is #1.... 

That's straightforward but I'm not sure fair (what really is fair, though?). It'd be tough for Newton, a team I think has a very good shot of making a deep playoff run, to beat any 22-5A team purely because of how many less players they've got.

I think West Brook ran into that problem vs. The Woodlands. Off topic but I'm hoping those mega school eventually are put into their own classification.

52 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

It's not rocket science IMO... If you are not dividing classification and making a top 10. Who can beat who. Newton cannot beat the top 4..... So in my mind they are not in the top 4. We all agree WOS is #1.... 

8/297:30p
@ 
This is the hidden content, please
9/5TBA
9/12TBA
@ 
9/197:30p
9/267:30p
Game Details: Game is being held at Baytown Stallworth Stadium.
10/37:30p
@ 
10/107:30p

don't say we cant

My .02 cents worth - based on pound for pound, it's about as good as you could made a poll.  Heaven knows come 4 games in the playoffs, 9 out of 10 of us would only pick Newton and WOS.  As good as WB, PNG, and PAM are, I doubt any of them go as deep as the Stangs & Eagles.  

4 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

How do you know how good Newton is or isn't you haven't seen us play one game this year. Ask your coaches how good Newton is they will tell the truth they don't have on rose covered glasses 

So Newton would beat W.O.S., P.N.G., P.A.M., and W.B.? If so i think they should be the #1 team......

Newton actually has a winning record against the existing 5A district.  Check the the school histories.  They may not be able to beat WB, PNG, PAM, Or WOS, but in no way are those teams going to "kill" Newton.  Our small enrollment of 275 would not hamper us in competing against any other school in the area.  We consistently beat 4A D1 teams which have three times larger enrollment.  I don't know of any other school that can claim that.

6 minutes ago, Old school eagle said:

Newton actually has a winning record against the existing 5A district.  Check the the school histories.  They may not be able to beat WB, PNG, PAM, Or WOS, but in no way are those teams going to "kill" Newton.  Our small enrollment of 275 would not hamper us in competing against any other school in the area.  We consistently beat 4A D1 teams which have three times larger enrollment.  I don't know of any other school that can claim that.

Ohhh OK. Well then I vote for Newton as #1........... 

16 minutes ago, Old school eagle said:

I think WOS could match that claim, but it appears none of the 5A schools around here want to play them.  They have scrimmaged PNG & Vidor the last two years and I don't think they've lost a scrimmage yet.  I know - just a scrimmage, but that's all we have to go on.  That and the fact none of the 5A teams have scheduled WOS.

6 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I think WOS could match that claim, but it appears none of the 5A schools around here want to play them.  They have scrimmaged PNG & Vidor the last two years and I don't think they've lost a scrimmage yet.  I know - just a scrimmage, but that's all we have to go on.  That and the fact none of the 5A teams have scheduled WOS.

I hope they get put back on our schedule next year...

7 minutes ago, REBgp said:

When we scrimmaged them the scrimmage ended 16-14. Wouldn't mind seeing an early matchup on schedule.

1 hour ago, EaglesFootball said:

How do you know how good Newton is or isn't you haven't seen us play one game this year. Ask your coaches how good Newton is they will tell the truth they don't have on rose covered glasses 

Ask your Coach why he took WOS off his scheduled.......FACT 

22 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Based on some of what a few have posted.......y’all are ridiculous if y’all think  WOS or newton could hang with WEst Brook....   I have all the respect for those programs and I know many of the coaches at those programs and respect them greatly, but in my Carter voice “COME ON MANNNN”. Numbers

No one said anything about WOS or Newton beating westbrook. 

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

So Newton would beat W.O.S., P.N.G., P.A.M., and W.B.? If so i think they should be the #1 team......

I personally never said Newton could beat PNG, WB, or PAM all I said was I have seen Newton play every game this year and I have watched WOS play once and I think Newton is an overall better team and would beat them.