4. Port Neches-Groves

5. Port Arthur Memorial 

6. Vidor

7. Woodville

8. Jasper 

9. Central

10. Liberty

10.5  LC-M lol

Well, how could you have Vidor and not Nederland and Nederland beat Vidor?

6 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I wouldn't have Ned on this list. 

1. West Orange-Stark

2. West Brook 

3. Newton

4. Port Neches-Groves

5. Port Arthur Memorial 

6. Vidor

7. Woodville

8. Jasper 

9. Central

10. Liberty

10.5  LC-M lol

Liberty isn't in our coverage area, so I don't include them.

LC-M is probably one of the first teams on the outside looking in.

Its hard work doing these rankings especially when you are trying to figure out across classifications. Dividing it into a couple of groups help some. It's hard to compare say High Island and Beaumont Westbrook. You will always tend to lean towards the bigger school. You will also always hear the argument that West Brook would kill say a Newton because of the size difference and most cannot see past that to develop a formula that is fair across the board. There is almost always one exception in our area and that is WOS. They are almost always at the top and rightfully so. I get how hard this is and respect what you are doing. Keep up the good yet very hard work ......

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No... I was only saying that to rack your brains a little.  You can give an explanation for our debates to begin.  Lol

Short answer......I think Vidor is a better team than Ned. On to a more important subject though....

Evadale? Really? Buna....meh, okay. I understand that. But not Evadale. Smh.

4 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

No way Newton beats PAM or West Brook......

You are correct, but how do you quantify that into a ranking and be fair to the other smaller schools. Like there is a chance for Newton to win out all the way to state this year, yet WB or PAM will not. Newton is truly in a class all their own with the exception of WOS in our area this season. 

7 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Short answer......I think Vidor is a better team than Ned. On to a more important subject though....

Evadale? Really? Buna....meh, okay. I understand that. But not Evadale. Smh.

Probably thinking along the lines of how they rank amongst other middle tier 1A teams... (Evadale) 

Don't let the school size cloud your judgement.  

12 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

You are correct, but how do you quantify that into a ranking and be fair to the other smaller schools. Like there is a chance for Newton to win out all the way to state this year, yet WB or PAM will not. Newton is truly in a class all their own with the exception of WOS in our area this season. 

It's not rocket science IMO... If you are not dividing classification and making a top 10. Who can beat who. Newton cannot beat the top 4..... So in my mind they are not in the top 4. We all agree WOS is #1.... 

4 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

It's not rocket science IMO... If you are not dividing classification and making a top 10. Who can beat who. Newton cannot beat the top 4..... So in my mind they are not in the top 4. We all agree WOS is #1.... 

So you would just go with who could beat who then? I guess that is the most straightforward way of doing it.  Could not argue with that. Now could you work it out were a team like Newton who has a great chance to go undefeated all the way to a state title would be able to rise above schools who are way bigger and would kill Newton on the field of play but will be bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs? That's where it gets hard for me. 

15 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Its hard work doing these rankings especially when you are trying to figure out across classifications. Dividing it into a couple of groups help some. It's hard to compare say High Island and Beaumont Westbrook. You will always tend to lean towards the bigger school. You will also always hear the argument that West Brook would kill say a Newton because of the size difference and most cannot see past that to develop a formula that is fair across the board. There is almost always one exception in our area and that is WOS. They are almost always at the top and rightfully so. I get how hard this is and respect what you are doing. Keep up the good yet very hard work ......

If I did divide the rankings into big schools and small schools, it'd still be difficult IMO. It'd difficult to split down the middle 1A-3A/4A-6A because most of the schools in my coverage area are 3A, 4A and 5A. There really isn't any perfect algorithm or wealth of teams like Houston. Houston Chron does a top 10 for each classification. Can't do that in Bmt.

Thanks for the kind words.

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

So you would just go with who could beat who then? I guess that is the most straightforward way of doing it.  Could not argue with that. Now could you work it out were a team like Newton who has a great chance to go undefeated all the way to a state title would be able to rise above schools who are way bigger and would kill Newton on the field of play but will be bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs? That's where it gets hard for me. 

Why not... WOS is 4A...