Home-field advantage

DannyShapiroBE

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This should be done in all classifications, not just 6A & 5A.

District championship should mean something. Getting to host 1st round playoff should go to the district champ.

Be curious to see how the 6A 1st round games go this year.

I have a feeling it'll be a universal rule in a few years. Peevey at West Brook loves the idea, so do most coaches and fans. I think it'll stick.

57 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

I have a feeling it'll be a universal rule in a few years. Peevey at West Brook loves the idea, so do most coaches and fans. I think it'll stick.

Most coaches do.  It takes away one BIG headache that they have to worry about, especially at the bi-district round. 

For most area 5A fans, it will be good because at worst you are getting a game in the Houston area and might get another game 5 minutes away from home.

Of course, if West Brook slips up against Lufkin, Bruin fans might view this new rule, which would probably mean a bi-district game in Longview, less favorably.

I like the idea, but I don't mind playing on a neutral field either. We PNG fans make the trip regardless come playoff time. Hell I had a buddy of mines son played one year and we had to go to Jacksonville for a preseason game which he didn't make. I got all over him for not making the trip to watch his boy play. I think the last time we had a home playoff game we won 33-0. So yes that works for me I vote yes lol