Dow tops 23,000!

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

And the folks in Puerto Rico suffer while you play golf donald

Why don't you go to Puerto Rico with a siphon hose and suck all the water out of those neighborhoods.

Funny how all the haters give Trump the finger but when disaster strikes, "Who Ya Gonna Call?" Two face!

Wahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

Tobie off topic as usual got me of topic. My 401k is sky rocketing.

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Why don't you go to Puerto Rico with a siphon hose and suck all the water out of those neighborhoods.

Funny how all the haters give Trump the finger but when disaster strikes, "Who Ya Gonna Call?" Two face!

Wahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

Tobie off topic as usual got me of topic. My 401k is sky rocketing.

wonder why my 401k isn't sky rocketing. i guess its just like my insurance premiums not going up

47 minutes ago, new tobie said:

wonder why my 401k isn't sky rocketing. i guess its just like my insurance premiums not going up

Very interesting.  You said it went straight up under Obama and these first ten months since Trump was elected, market has done even better.  Are you misrepresenting things Tobie for political purposes?   Naaa, you have too much integrity for that, right?

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Nice- find a time frame that fits your narrative and then post it.  Market is up over 15% since Trump was elected.  Go back to google and see how that compares from Nov 6 to the present vs other presidents.  But in using the article that YOU posted, please notice that the return during Trumps first 100 days is 3.5 times that of your hero, Bill Clinton, the one who "feels your pain" and "did not have sex with that woman". ( Oops, forgot that saying "grab em" is far  more serious than getting "pleasured" by someone other than your wife in the Whitehouse.

1 hour ago, jv_coach said:

The DOW can drop just as quick as it rises, so while the POTUS has a small influence over the DOW, he has very little to do with the DOW.

The markets are merely the reflection of the overall attitude of investors toward what the future holds in business.  When Trump got in, the markets celebrated the fact that the regulatory burdens were likely to be reduced and that taxation was likely to be reduced.  It also anticipated that the federal government ( the worst business manager in history) was not going to continue on its prior path of getting more involved in the day to day business activities of American corporations.  As for the markets going down as quickly as it goes up, usually some catastrophic event will make it drop faster than it rose but that has always been temporary.  If you look at the chart of the stock market since its inception, it has one basic direction with periodic interruptions/downfalls along the way.

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The markets are merely the reflection of the overall attitude of investors toward what the future holds in business.  When Trump got in, the markets celebrated the fact that the regulatory burdens were likely to be reduced and that taxation was likely to be reduced.  It also anticipated that the federal government ( the worst business manager in history) was not going to continue on its prior path of getting more involved in the day to day business activities of American corporations.  As for the markets going down as quickly as it goes up, usually some catastrophic event will make it drop faster than it rose but that has always been temporary.  If you look at the chart of the stock market since its inception, it has one basic direction with periodic interruptions/downfalls along the way.

I agree with what your saying, and also there has been more than a few  POTUS during that time, so at the same time the POTUS has had little to do (though some and I agree that Obama hurt things) with the continued rise of the market from inception to today