Dayton vs Crosby

bronco pride

On October 17, 2017 at 9:13 AM, bronco pride said:

4 years ago this thread would have been 10 pages long.  Oh well. I would like to see Santee along with a few others go both ways Friday. Maybe cut back on his carries and let him and a few other take out some frustration on defense. I know a lot of people think playing both ways is to much but it used to be a regular accurance even on our best teams. Heck I watched Cedar Park play in a state championship game with their starting rb who was also their starting lb. Just ask Crosby fans about him. He did it all year long. Guess what I'm saying is play your talent because even some high enrollment schools do it so we surely can.

Montana Quirante at Vidor played MLB and QB in the Slot T.  Won the Willie Ray Smith Award (legendary coach at all black Charlton-Pollard and Bubba & Toby Smiths father) for offensive and defensive player of the year.  Only one to do so.  So yes, some kids can still go both ways.  And you're right, used to be a regular occurrence.

This game has become one I look forward to.  Throw out records when Crosby and Dayton play.  I equate it to many of the PNG vs Nederland matchups.  It'll be a slobber-knocker, and almost always well worth the price of admission.  Hope this years game follows the pattern.

Things I would like to see tonight. Scrap the rugby punt and just kick the ball. Anything close to the 50yd and in don't punt on 4th down and anything less than 2yds. Field position won't mean squat in this game. Work the ball deep down the middle of the field. Our receivers have good hands but are small so don't expect big plays side line to side line. Once you get a hand on them that's pretty much it. Certain kids need to play both ways. This is the grand daddy of them all. What a minute that's the Rose Bowl but this game is close enough. Defensively hope we can cause a few turnovers and make them earn their yds. I know that's asking a lot with a burner like Williams but hey this is my post so oh well. Last but not least save travels to all fans, players and coaches. I hope both teams play a great injury free game and of course GO BRONCOS!

14 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Things I would like to see tonight. Scrap the rugby punt and just kick the ball. Anything close to the 50yd and in don't punt on 4th down and anything less than 2yds. Field position won't mean squat in this game. Work the ball deep down the middle of the field. Our receivers have good hands but are small so don't expect big plays side line to side line. Once you get a hand on them that's pretty much it. Certain kids need to play both ways. This is the grand daddy of them all. What a minute that's the Rose Bowl but this game is close enough. Defensively hope we can cause a few turnovers and make them earn their yds. I know that's asking a lot with a burner like Williams but hey this is my post so oh well. Last but not least save travels to all fans, players and coaches. I hope both teams play a great injury free game and of course GO BRONCOS!

If you receivers are small it should be a good match up.  Our corners and safeties are young and small. That's the reason we give up 30 points per game.  

4 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I know he uses logic in pick'ems, but he always picks against Crosby in the threads to agrivate the Crosby fans.  

Lol. Yeah I don't know if he has y'all in pick ems it was my attempt at humor. I have noticed he picks against y'all a lot. Man Astros game at 7, raining and not a very good record for ole Dayton. I hope the kids have a good crowd to play for tonight.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Nicely said

3 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Back at ya!!! Great rivalry. Great night for HS Football. Hats off to all these kids who’ve worked very hard. Go Crosby!!!