Dayton vs Crosby

bronco pride

Well one team is rolling and undefeated. The other one is struggling and 2-4. But this is the hwy 90 shootout and anything can happen. Crosby will have the coaching edge and the best player on the field but the kids always come to play for this one. This game has been really close the last 4 yrs with Crosby coming out on top. Hopefully with Daytons playoff life's on the line at home they can get this W. I think Dayton will move but will have to finish of drives and connect on big plays when they have a chance. Dayton has had long stretches when offensively they stall out. Can't do that against Crosby. I think they will need 40+ to have a chance and hopefully cause a few turnovers. Playoff atmosphere every time Dayton and Crosby meet up.

I’ve thought that Crosby should have beaten Dayton handily the last three years. Credit to Dayton for playing hard and with pride to make the Cougars squeak out four victories in a row. 

With that said I think Crosby is significantly better than Dayton this year, but 1) it is the Hwy 90 rivalry 2) it’s in Dayton and 3) the Broncos will give it all they’ve got  

All those factors considered I’ll predict a Cougar victory 59 - 38. 

Go Crosby!!!

16 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

I’ve thought that Crosby should have beaten Dayton handily the last three years. Credit to Dayton for playing hard and with pride to make the Cougars squeak out four victories in a row. 

With that said I think Crosby is significantly better than Dayton this year, but 1) it is the Hwy 90 rivalry 2) it’s in Dayton and 3) the Broncos will give it all they’ve got  

Go Crosby!!!

You are the only poster that can pick the Bronx to lose by dang near 20 and I still have to like it. It's like a freakin Jedi mind trick or something.

4 years ago this thread would have been 10 pages long.  Oh well. I would like to see Santee along with a few others go both ways Friday. Maybe cut back on his carries and let him and a few other take out some frustration on defense. I know a lot of people think playing both ways is to much but it used to be a regular accurance even on our best teams. Heck I watched Cedar Park play in a state championship game with their starting rb who was also their starting lb. Just ask Crosby fans about him. He did it all year long. Guess what I'm saying is play your talent because even some high enrollment schools do it so we surely can.

17 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Go Crosby!!!

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

You are the only poster that can pick the Bronx to lose by dang near 20 and I still have to like it. It's like a freakin Jedi mind trick or something.

Win big Cougars will...

According to my research:

Crosby averages 51.666666 points per game while giving up 29.8 points per game

Dayton averages 29 points per game while giving up 28.33 points per game.

Based on the data, Dayton should score 29 points. 

Based on the data the Dayton Defense is pretty average (allowing 28.33) and the Crosby offense (scoring 51.66666) is pretty electric. The data would show the an above average offense would perform slightly better than normal against an average defense.

So based on my research, Crosby should win this game 56-29

Crosby making people angry when they pick against them. 

Crosby will score as many points as they want. 

Crosby will give up points to Dayton. 

The only way Dayton wins this one they have to win 3 battles. 

1) Turnovers 

2) Dominate Time of possession. 

3) Must dominate the point of attack. 

If Dayton cannot do these things they will lose by 3 TDS or more. 

I predict that Crosby will take care of the ball. 

I predict that Dayton will Dominate the Time of Possession (because Crosby will quick strike all night.) 

I predict that Dayton will dominate the Line of Scrimmage Offensively but not defensively. 

In all I think the cougars win this one and win it big. 

63-35 

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Crosby making people angry when they pick against them. 

Crosby will score as many points as they want. 

Crosby will give up points to Dayton. 

The only way Dayton wins this one they have to win 3 battles. 

1) Turnovers 

2) Dominate Time of possession. 

3) Must dominate the point of attack. 

If Dayton cannot do these things they will lose by 3 TDS or more. 

I predict that Crosby will take care of the ball. 

I predict that Dayton will Dominate the Time of Possession (because Crosby will quick strike all night.) 

I predict that Dayton will dominate the Line of Scrimmage Offensively but not defensively. 

In all I think the cougars win this one and win it big. 

63-35 

Dayton silly as it sounds is the best 2-4 you will ever see. They have been their worst enemy. I have never seen a team miss so many opportunities to win. Wide open receivers missed, costly penalties, missed assignments. When Dayton executes they score and score quick. Not a grind it out team at all. Problem is they can go 70 yds in a couple plays for a td then go 3 or 4 series without a first down and it's almost always because they kill their self. Crosby is most definitely the favorite but I'm hoping Dayton can put 4 quarters together and make this game interesting. My homer pick 48-49 Dayton.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:13 AM, bronco pride said:

4 years ago this thread would have been 10 pages long.  Oh well. I would like to see Santee along with a few others go both ways Friday. Maybe cut back on his carries and let him and a few other take out some frustration on defense. I know a lot of people think playing both ways is to much but it used to be a regular accurance even on our best teams. Heck I watched Cedar Park play in a state championship game with their starting rb who was also their starting lb. Just ask Crosby fans about him. He did it all year long. Guess what I'm saying is play your talent because even some high enrollment schools do it so we surely can.

Against Crosby, that same LB/RB played defense only the first quarter.  Once they were behind, they pulled him on 2nd and 3rd downs to get ready to play RB.  He ran all over that defense.  Just a power runner with good blocking in front of him.  That is a painful memory.

59 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

Against Crosby, that same LB/RB played defense only the first quarter.  Once they were behind, they pulled him on 2nd and 3rd downs to get ready to play RB.  He ran all over that defense.  Just a power runner with good blocking in front of him.  That is a painful memory.

Yeah he was a just great high school football player. Think his name was Hutchins's or something. I know he was not a D1 caliber player but would take 11 like home in high school. He had over a 100 tackles that year. PS I was just using him as an example definitely no shame in losing to CP. Those kids are coached up and can play.