PNG Defense Needs Help

PNGNDN1990

27 minutes ago, PAT said:

Neither the coaches nor the defense held PAM to 6. The refs did. 

Man, somebody told me 3 refs showed up at Pirate Stadium today an threw 3 flags on the field. They said each flag was a different infraction called against the Pirates. They also said they would be back to throw more flags against the Pirates tomorrow! They said they would mark them off Friday when the game starts!   What’s up with these Refs! Lol!!!!!!!! Bahaha!!!!!

17 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

who agrees that our defense coaches need to get their head out of the sand and move some kids around. our secondary is weak and if we continue with what we have on defense in playoffs its going to kill us. why wont they play some of the seniors or play hughes stansbury etc both ways. we are very strong offensively but defense is gonna kill us. we have a few strong kids on defense but not enough to get us deep in playoffs. Wont be able to do it by offense alone. 

Defense? What is this thing you speak of?

11 hours ago, biaplayer said:

We wont ever play the kids both ways, although it needs to happen. But you have to remember 7 of our starters are only sophomores. They are having to mature very quickly, After watching them in the second half I was very proud of them for holding PAM to 6 points. I am probably harder on them than anyone else, but I love the defensive side of the game. Hines made us look silly. Our tackling in open field is horrible, but we just need them to make a few stops here and there which they have proved they can do. Im more on the lines of us needing a Strong defensive coordinator . I don't know what else they can do to fix the problem, im just a fan that thinks nothing else but png ball right now lol. You are right though once we get into the playoffs it is gonna be Tough athlete heavy teams the rest of the way out. We will just have to weather the storm and hope RJ and company can continue to average 50 plus points a game we will need it. Faircloth has shown me this week that he is comfortable with some trickery, we have some serious firepower, and our wideouts are up for the challenge. As for your comments on secondary, yes they are weak, they just shadow receivers and try to make  a strip after the wr catches the ball, #3 shows to be the best cover guy, our safeties are always out of position for some reason. Regardless I don't see any adjustments being made, just have to make a few stops for now.

ricky, it's water under the bridge now, but PNG defense only came up with one stop in the second half. the entire 3 rd qtr, PNG had the ball due to they got the ball to start the half and got the onside kick. once we got the ball we drove with penalties and all,scored. the 4th qtr saw the same thing with the exception of one drive in which that was a horrible play to call to start with, they stopped Hines.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

The Coaches must have some clue of what they are doing. They made the adjustments to hold PAM to 6 second half points.

no sir...keeping PAM's offense off the field is what held PAM to 6 points. the entire 3 qtr PAM had the ball once and scored. PNG received the ball and got the onside kick. we got the ball and scored. png finishes  the qtr.

3 minutes ago, NDNation said:

PAM was not prepared for an onside kick or trick plays. Y'all struggled.

you are correct in the fact we wasn't prepared for those plays...but that doesn't mean they struggled. for once, throw out the score. yes i know that is what matters. however, stat wise, PAM dominated every aspect of the game...that is not "struggling my friend. when team A numbers are higher and more efficient than Team B...Team A did not struggle. 

40 minutes ago, pakronos said:

no sir...keeping PAM's offense off the field is what held PAM to 6 points. the entire 3 qtr PAM had the ball once and scored. PNG received the ball and got the onside kick. we got the ball and scored. png finishes  the qtr.

Correct the coaching staff made adjustments to keep the ball from Memorial and give the offense more touches to make up ground. Could you not say that the Memorial defense should have been able to make stops in the 2nd half even with any play calls. Both teams have to put 11 on defense. Everyone's rebuttals about onside kicks and trick plays do not make sense. It's apart of the game of football. 

If you flip the script and Memorial plays a team that is possibly better team would they not try to win the game even if that means onside kicks and/or trick plays? 

4 minutes ago, indians17 said:

Correct the coaching staff made adjustments to keep the ball from Memorial and give the offense more touches to make up ground. Could you not say that the Memorial defense should have been able to make stops in the 2nd half even with any play calls. Both teams have to put 11 on defense. Everyone's rebuttals about onside kicks and trick plays do not make sense. It's apart of the game of football. 

If you flip the script and Memorial plays a team that is possibly better team would they not try to win the game even if that means onside kicks and/or trick plays? 

i bring up the onside kick and trick plays etc as reasons PAM scored 6 points...not because of that big bad PNG defense....sarcasm

34 minutes ago, pakronos said:

you are correct in the fact we wasn't prepared for those plays...but that doesn't mean they struggled. for once, throw out the score. yes i know that is what matters. however, stat wise, PAM dominated every aspect of the game...that is not "struggling my friend. when team A numbers are higher and more efficient than Team B...Team A did not struggle. 

You can get 2000 yards between the hashes but you don't cross the goal line, they don't matter much.

Serious question, from an outsider looking in!  Has PNG fielded a good defense since Faircloth has been there?  Even during his 1st year, they were having to score 40+ points to win, in the playoffs anyways.

He seems to put a premium on offensive production, and having a legit defense it's not an importance to him.

3 hours ago, ciscokid1989 said:

Faircloth and his staff need too take a ride down I10 west and stop at a,school with them Tigers on their helmets n learn from the master of defense Gary Joseph 

And pick up a few of their Division 1 studs and bring them back?

Gary Joseph is a very good coach, his record speaks for itself. But having top flight players also helps, plus everyone in the GHA wanting to move to your school because of the quality school district and football program.

They don't have hardly any d1 talent they had hard nose kids that's listens n stay home. A kid like roshon would have to concentrate against defense like that cause Joseph will blitz from all kinda angles. Vince Young beat em but after that mobiles qbs were getting destroyed. Nothing wrong with getting help from the best

1 hour ago, ciscokid1989 said:

They don't have hardly any d1 talent they had hard nose kids that's listens n stay home. A kid like roshon would have to concentrate against defense like that cause Joseph will blitz from all kinda angles. Vince Young beat em but after that mobiles qbs were getting destroyed. Nothing wrong with getting help from the best

No, nothing wrong with learning from the best, on that we agree. But your comment about “hardly any D1 athletes” couldn’t be more wrong. This last Saturday 3 former Katy running backs were playing: Anderson (Oklahoma), Porter (Texas) and Taylor (Nebraska). They had a former DL (Dimon) playing at Oklahoma as well, plus a former safety (Whitlock) who is now on Northwestern, Fulks who plays WR at Utah.

Come on man lol

2 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Serious question, from an outsider looking in!  Has PNG fielded a good defense since Faircloth has been there?  Even during his 1st year, they were having to score 40+ points to win, in the playoffs anyways.

He seems to put a premium on offensive production, and having a legit defense it's not an importance to him.

Since his first year, 2009, PN-G defenses have given up an avg. of (23.3) points per game, including playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, PNGFan said:

What’s this average against above average teams? What’s this average in the elimination game in the playoffs? Take out the average of the 5 or so cupcake games we have every year.

This is the same for every team, correct? Every team plays tougher opponents in the playoffs, and, has a few cupcakes every year...it still averages out, just like everyone else!

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

No, nothing wrong with learning from the best, on that we agree. But your comment about “hardly any D1 athletes” couldn’t be more wrong. This last Saturday 3 former Katy running backs were playing: Anderson (Oklahoma), Porter (Texas) and Taylor (Nebraska). They had a former DL (Dimon) playing at Oklahoma as well, plus a former safety (Whitlock) who is now on Northwestern, Fulks who plays WR at Utah.

Come on man lol

Fisher the Lb is at Northwestern