PNG Defense Needs Help

PNGNDN1990

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Maybe the kids aren't as good as you think they are.  Or maybe the defense is doing good enough...I'm pretty sure 5-0 would be fine for anybody up to this point of the season.

Nope. They don't practice. The Coaches don't teach them anything. The Coaches don't have a clue who should play where. It is a miracle they know to put 11 players out there. Just 5-0. Could you imagine if some of these idiots sent their kids to Ozen or Lee, or Livingston? Can you imagine what they would say about other coaches who struggle to play .500 every year? It is sad. The reason you have players or show up with poor attitudes or openly question the coaches in front of other players is because of parents like this. You know these parents sit at home and trash the coaches who are undefeated and pump little Johnnies head that his coaches don't know anything. 

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Nope. They don't practice. The Coaches don't teach them anything. The Coaches don't have a clue who should play where. It is a miracle they know to put 11 players out there. Just 5-0. Could you imagine if some of these idiots sent their kids to Ozen or Lee, or Livingston? Can you imagine what they would say about other coaches who struggle to play .500 every year? It is sad. The reason you have players or show up with poor attitudes or openly question the coaches in front of other players is because of parents like this. You know these parents sit at home and trash the coaches who are undefeated and pump little Johnnies head that his coaches don't know anything. 

Couldn't have said it better.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

A perfect example of the AP poll:

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

PNG beats PA Memorial,moves to (5-0) and loses two of their votes in the AP Poll.Indians only received one vote. gotta love the AP Poll

The Indians beat a good top 25 team and fall in the rankings 

I hear ya, Its all good . I just don't put no stock into rankings, its meaningless, hell in 99-00 we played NED who was 9-0 ranked #9 in the state at the rez and whooped em 31-8 with us being 8-1 only losing to WOS. Whipped Lamarque who was also ranked 22-8 Beat a Shertz Clemmons top 5 ranked team in the semis. Then out of nowhere all of a sudden they wanna rank PNG, whatever I liked whipping everyone unranked and unknown, something about that that just makes it feel better.

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Was fun times I was at every game in 1999 did not miss a one it was a hell of a ride especially that night in college station after we won the place was crazy it was electric 

yep myself and Stattrax made every game, including scrimmage at Dayton where their coach had their offensive line jump on Golke after ever play which resulted in Golke slamming one of the players and the fight was on. Needless to say the scrimmage was cancelled and the rest went down in the record books.

10 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

yep myself and Stattrax made every game, including scrimmage at Dayton where their coach had their offensive line jump on Golke after ever play which resulted in Golke slamming one of the players and the fight was on. Needless to say the scrimmage was cancelled and the rest went down in the record books.

Remember early in the season we played Kelly and won a tight game 14-10 to start the year that lead me to believe we were not going to be as good as I thought then we started rolling. Then we played Silsbee in the first round  and squeezed by them 17-10 at Port Arthur stadium. After that I figured we would beat Waller then loose to Brazosport who was 12-0 when we finically met them. Little did I know we were just getting started man what a year

Remember early in the season we played Kelly and won a right game 14-10 to start the year that lead me to believe we were not going to be as good as I thought then we started rolling. Then we played Silsbee and squeezed by them 17-10 at Port Arthur stadium. After that I figured we would beat walker then loose to Brazisport who was 12-0 when we finically met them. Little did I know we were just getting started man what a year

yup before the year started my classmate James Ware asked me what I thought PNG would do that year I told him we were going to the big show. I told him this was the most talented, physical, mentally  fundamentally sound football team that I had ever watched at PNG. Both sides of the ball were loaded with talent 3 deep at every position.  True business, he laughed at me and said if they did he would interview me on the news as I was the only one he had talked to with a crazy response like that. Well he didn't put me on the news because he said they wouldn't be able to bleep out all my cussing lol, seems I swear a lot. lol But in the end I was right, I had predicted the end result, cannot believe they went 14-1 going into the state finals, you are right what a year it was.

10 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Remember early in the season we played Kelly and won a tight game 14-10 to start the year that lead me to believe we were not going to be as good as I thought then we started rolling. Then we played Silsbee in the first round  and squeezed by them 17-10 at Port Arthur stadium. After that I figured we would beat Waller then loose to Brazosport who was 12-0 when we finically met them. Little did I know we were just getting started man what a year

we played Silsbee twice that year, beat em in Silsbee like 56-3 or some crazy stuff like that then in Port Arthur those boys came out with fire in their eyes and almost beat us.

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

we played Silsbee twice that year, beat em in Silsbee like 56-3 or some crazy stuff like that then in Port Arthur those boys came out with fire in their eyes and almost beat us.

I remember I believe it was Moses Molones grandson was a receiver on Brazosport and was close to 7 feet tall. He was good and was involved in the hook and ladder play. They tried late in the game. My favorite was Lamarque game it was my favorite PNG game if all time I watch it every once in a while it was a David vs Goliath game on the medias eyes 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:02 AM, Stattrax said:

#20 needs to be on the field.........

so does #29 callais. we have seniors on the sideline that are more experienced but it is apparent faircloth is wanting to build his team for next year and overlooking quality kids that are seniors. 

Edited by PNGNDN1990
mispelled

I remember I believe it was Moses Molones grandson was a receiver on Brazosport and was close to 7 feet tall. He was good and was involved in the hook and ladder play. They tried late in the game. My favorite was Lamarque game it was my favorite PNG game if all time I watch it every once in a while it was a David vs Goliath game on the medias eyes 

yeah when the  ran the hook and ladder play we had  already hung 50plus on them, they did that on backups, good gimmick play but was all for not. lol they were run out the dome and that was from opening kickoff lol

On 10/16/2017 at 9:38 AM, livinthruthekids said:

You guys are amazing, the team is undefeated and just knocked off a ranked opponent as severe underdogs and you start a thread to bash the coaches. 

I'll tell ya what boys, once that QB graduates my guess is your current staff will be out of there on the first thing smoking to a different school that appreciates what they are capable of, and nobody could blame them.

When that day comes, you guys go ahead and take the reigns of the program, bring in a few other good ol' boys that know what it means to be an true indian!, put in the ol' wing T offense and have all the boys go both ways, slam 'em into each other for 3 hours a day to "get 'em tough". Congratulations, you will have become vidor, every now and then put together a decent run but for the more part your sitting at 5-5, 6-4 year in and year out

did it ever occur to you, that playing kids both ways requires that the offensive kids spend half of their time at practice working a defensive position? Which then means the offense would have to be dumbed down considerably. No more gadgets, no more qb and wr's in perfect sync, you'll be back to the days of 2 runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd, then an overthrown pass on third down, then bring out the punter.....

your current staff has put the most dynamic kids on offense to go with your superstar quarterback, then put a bunch of average athletes with a lot of heart on D and coached them well enough to shut down a bunch of D1 athletes in the 2nd half of that game Friday night, you should be having statues commissioned of those coaches, but instead your going to run them out of town before too long, different town/same story all over the state, nothing ever good enough for some I suppose

what i see is their are seniors sitting the bench that have always been starters and have more experience that will get the job done but instead they are overlooking them to build team for next year is what it looks like to me. 

8 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

what i see is their are seniors sitting the bench that have always been starters and have more experience that will get the job done but instead they are overlooking them to build team for next year is what it looks like to me. 

If they’ve always been starters on the varsity, why are they not getting to play?

On 10/16/2017 at 10:42 AM, livinthruthekids said:

fair enough, my response was mostly in reference to the "heads in the sand" comment. As if these guys don't spend the majority of their waking moments worrying about ways to make the team better, it seemed a little over the top is all. 

my whole point is why not play seniors that can do a better job. why are they overlooking the seniirs that have been starters since they were in 7th grade. they have a guy 6'5 196 lbs sitting the bench. they have #29 Callais that plays with more heart. some of the players playing on defense is playing because of their last name and money talks at PNG! 

4 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

my whole point is why not play seniors that can do a better job. why are they overlooking the seniirs that have been starters since they were in 7th grade. they have a guy 6'5 196 lbs sitting the bench. they have #29 Callais that plays with more heart. some of the players playing on defense is playing because of their last name and money talks at PNG! 

One can only assume you have an interest in a senior by your posts. I only said #20 because he appears to be one one of the fastest players on the team. I am not a BF lover by any stretch. But I can assure you he is not playing lower level talent because of last names or money. His job depends on winning. Period......

20 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

One can only assume you have an interest in a senior by your posts. I only said #20 because he appears to be one one of the fastest players on the team. I am not a BF lover by any stretch. But I can assure you he is not playing lower level talent because of last names or money. His job depends on winning. Period......

+1

Go Indians.  Peace.

52 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

no i have no kids on the team but when you have followed this team since they were younger and then see the kids that were starters since 7th grade and they were fantastoc atletes then and now. now they arent stepping a foot on the football field it makes ypu wonder why when the defense is struggling. yes we have sone top notch kids on defense mobley, hammonds, alec, sergio, bost and there are two sophmores that are out standing and should be starting but why not gove thiose seniors a shot when they are just as good or better than the sophmores. in the burnette days he always gave upperclassmen rank on playing of their talent was equal. everyone wants to talk about BFC going to playoffs so much in the beginning of the burnette days only two teams went to playoffs and then it was three toward the end so you cant compare that. if you watch film from burnette days those boys knew how to tackle. go watch the practices during the summer they are a joke defensively. i know this wasnt all to you but i dont have any son on the football team or relationship to anyone just a by standard seeing some of the senior boys getting screwed out of playing football that they worked so hard to play through the years. before chuck langston left to goto north texas he had a couple of these kids starting on defense. we have one of the best defense coordinators on the sidelines that we could use him as one of the defense coaches and that would be Mike Arnaud. very respected coach! 

Name one underclassman, that was a starter on defense in 2016, that did not return to his starting position this season?  All of the returning starters are playing except for Stansbury who switched to offense.  Just because a kid started in pee-wee football coached by your neighbor, or at the junior high, freshman, or JV levels, does not guarantee a starting spot at the varsity level.  Players earn their spot.  If an underclassman is better, he should play.  MB deferred to upperclassmen and likely went 5-5.  Those teams tackled well and still missed the playoffs.  I'll take what we have now.  Post-Dustin/Mike Long, MB had two losing seasons and three 5-5 seasons.  But, go watch the film, they tackled well.  Maybe Coach Arnaud decided to coach a lower level for his own reasons.  Maybe he wanted less stress or he wanted to spend some time with his family.  Perhaps we should ask him?

But, don't worry, Coach Faircloth will tire of the BS and move on.  When he does, you can go back to 5-5 won/loss records and celebrate upperclassmen making tackles until basketball season starts.

Go Indians.  Peace.

8 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

no i have no kids on the team but when you have followed this team since they were younger and then see the kids that were starters since 7th grade and they were fantastoc atletes then and now. now they arent stepping a foot on the football field it makes ypu wonder why when the defense is struggling. yes we have sone top notch kids on defense mobley, hammonds, alec, sergio, bost and there are two sophmores that are out standing and should be starting but why not gove thiose seniors a shot when they are just as good or better than the sophmores. in the burnette days he always gave upperclassmen rank on playing of their talent was equal. everyone wants to talk about BFC going to playoffs so much in the beginning of the burnette days only two teams went to playoffs and then it was three toward the end so you cant compare that. if you watch film from burnette days those boys knew how to tackle. go watch the practices during the summer they are a joke defensively. i know this wasnt all to you but i dont have any son on the football team or relationship to anyone just a by standard seeing some of the senior boys getting screwed out of playing football that they worked so hard to play through the years. before chuck langston left to goto north texas he had a couple of these kids starting on defense. we have one of the best defense coordinators on the sidelines that we could use him as one of the defense coaches and that would be Mike Arnaud. very respected coach! 

8 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Man the Burnett fans are still alive and well I see. Coach Burnett has moved on and so should you. Its unhealthy to live in the past.