PNG Defense Needs Help

PNGNDN1990

who agrees that our defense coaches need to get their head out of the sand and move some kids around. our secondary is weak and if we continue with what we have on defense in playoffs its going to kill us. why wont they play some of the seniors or play hughes stansbury etc both ways. we are very strong offensively but defense is gonna kill us. we have a few strong kids on defense but not enough to get us deep in playoffs. Wont be able to do it by offense alone. 

We wont ever play the kids both ways, although it needs to happen. But you have to remember 7 of our starters are only sophomores. They are having to mature very quickly, After watching them in the second half I was very proud of them for holding PAM to 6 points. I am probably harder on them than anyone else, but I love the defensive side of the game. Hines made us look silly. Our tackling in open field is horrible, but we just need them to make a few stops here and there which they have proved they can do. Im more on the lines of us needing a Strong defensive coordinator . I don't know what else they can do to fix the problem, im just a fan that thinks nothing else but png ball right now lol. You are right though once we get into the playoffs it is gonna be Tough athlete heavy teams the rest of the way out. We will just have to weather the storm and hope RJ and company can continue to average 50 plus points a game we will need it. Faircloth has shown me this week that he is comfortable with some trickery, we have some serious firepower, and our wideouts are up for the challenge. As for your comments on secondary, yes they are weak, they just shadow receivers and try to make  a strip after the wr catches the ball, #3 shows to be the best cover guy, our safeties are always out of position for some reason. Regardless I don't see any adjustments being made, just have to make a few stops for now.

42 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

We wont ever play the kids both ways, although it needs to happen. But you have to remember 7 of our starters are only sophomores. They are having to mature very quickly, After watching them in the second half I was very proud of them for holding PAM to 6 points. I am probably harder on them than anyone else, but I love the defensive side of the game. Hines made us look silly. Our tackling in open field is horrible, but we just need them to make a few stops here and there which they have proved they can do. Im more on the lines of us needing a Strong defensive coordinator . I don't know what else they can do to fix the problem, im just a fan that thinks nothing else but png ball right now lol. You are right though once we get into the playoffs it is gonna be Tough athlete heavy teams the rest of the way out. We will just have to weather the storm and hope RJ and company can continue to average 50 plus points a game we will need it. Faircloth has shown me this week that he is comfortable with some trickery, we have some serious firepower, and our wideouts are up for the challenge. As for your comments on secondary, yes they are weak, they just shadow receivers and try to make  a strip after the wr catches the ball, #3 shows to be the best cover guy, our safeties are always out of position for some reason. Regardless I don't see any adjustments being made, just have to make a few stops for now.

Something we did a lot in the past but not so much this year with probably the exception of our 2nd best WR who is our best CB.   

Sounds like they are young now but should be a pretty good come the next 2 years. 

When healthy, Hines makes everyone look silly.

You guys are amazing, the team is undefeated and just knocked off a ranked opponent as severe underdogs and you start a thread to bash the coaches. 

I'll tell ya what boys, once that QB graduates my guess is your current staff will be out of there on the first thing smoking to a different school that appreciates what they are capable of, and nobody could blame them.

When that day comes, you guys go ahead and take the reigns of the program, bring in a few other good ol' boys that know what it means to be an true indian!, put in the ol' wing T offense and have all the boys go both ways, slam 'em into each other for 3 hours a day to "get 'em tough". Congratulations, you will have become vidor, every now and then put together a decent run but for the more part your sitting at 5-5, 6-4 year in and year out

did it ever occur to you, that playing kids both ways requires that the offensive kids spend half of their time at practice working a defensive position? Which then means the offense would have to be dumbed down considerably. No more gadgets, no more qb and wr's in perfect sync, you'll be back to the days of 2 runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd, then an overthrown pass on third down, then bring out the punter.....

your current staff has put the most dynamic kids on offense to go with your superstar quarterback, then put a bunch of average athletes with a lot of heart on D and coached them well enough to shut down a bunch of D1 athletes in the 2nd half of that game Friday night, you should be having statues commissioned of those coaches, but instead your going to run them out of town before too long, different town/same story all over the state, nothing ever good enough for some I suppose

5 minutes ago, livinthruthekids said:

You guys are amazing, the team is undefeated and just knocked off a ranked opponent as severe underdogs and you start a thread to bash the coaches. 

I'll tell ya what boys, once that QB graduates my guess is your current staff will be out of there on the first thing smoking to a different school that appreciates what they are capable of, and nobody could blame them.

When that day comes, you guys go ahead and take the reigns of the program, bring in a few other good ol' boys that know what it means to be an true indian!, put in the ol' wing T offense and have all the boys go both ways, slam 'em into each other for 3 hours a day to "get 'em tough". Congratulations, you will have become vidor, every now and then put together a decent run but for the more part your sitting at 5-5, 6-4 year in and year out

did it ever occur to you, that playing kids both ways requires that the offensive kids spend half of their time at practice working a defensive position? Which then means the offense would have to be dumbed down considerably. No more gadgets, no more qb and wr's in perfect sync, you'll be back to the days of 2 runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd, then an overthrown pass on third down, then bring out the punter.....

your current staff has put the most dynamic kids on offense to go with your superstar quarterback, then put a bunch of average athletes with a lot of heart on D and coached them well enough to shut down a bunch of D1 athletes in the 2nd half of that game Friday night, you should be having statues commissioned of those coaches, but instead your going to run them out of town before too long, different town/same story all over the state, nothing ever good enough for some I suppose

Bing...then back to mediocre win/loss records! 

32 minutes ago, livinthruthekids said:

PA Memorial was not state ranked when PN-G beat them....

31 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I think everybody is just looking ahead to play offs and what it will take to make a run.

Rose played both ways, and did it well.

What constitutes a run?

your looking at a winnable first round game, a decent fort bend team in round 2, then potentially run into college station again, who lost by 7 points to Austin freakin' Westlake, PN-G would have to play over their heads a little to get that one, but it's not impossible

say they fall short in the 3rd round game? is that not a great season all things considered? I would say that it is, but some of you supposed Indian lovers will scream bloody murder. 

Spoiler alert...PN-G ain't winning the state championship, even with the QB they likely just can't run with the more talented teams in the state, somebody will eventually beat them, once that happens all you arm chair Lombardi's who did nothing but criticize all year will then get to beat your chest "see! see! see!...I told you they don't coach defense worth a flip..when I was coaching these boys to the 8 yrs olds national championship over in Hampshire we tackled everybody!"

I remember when all you fellas screamed out how FC couldn't win a "big game"...that's really easy, you just wait until they lose, then say "see!..that was a big game and he didn't win it!"....nevermind all the games he did win to get to that game...they weren't the "big game"...but now that they've won a few undoubtedly big games, ya'll gotta shift gears and find something else to criticize. If the defense pitches shutouts in the next 5 games some of ya'll will be on here talking about how the Ice in the concession stand melts into your coke too fast and what the hell are those coaches doing about it by God. 

What constitutes a run?

your looking at a winnable first round game, a decent fort bend team in round 2, then potentially run into college station again, who lost by 7 points to Austin freakin' Westlake, PN-G would have to play over their heads a little to get that one, but it's not impossible

say they fall short in the 3rd round game? is that not a great season all things considered? I would say that it is, but some of you supposed Indian lovers will scream bloody murder. 

Spoiler alert...PN-G ain't winning the state championship, even with the QB they likely just can't run with the more talented teams in the state, somebody will eventually beat them, once that happens all you arm chair Lombardi's who did nothing but criticize all year will then get to beat your chest "see! see! see!...I told you they don't coach defense worth a flip..when I was coaching these boys to the 8 yrs olds national championship over in Hampshire we tackled everybody!"

I remember when all you fellas screamed out how FC couldn't win a "big game"...that's really easy, you just wait until they lose, then say "see!..that was a big game and he didn't win it!"....nevermind all the games he did win to get to that game...they weren't the "big game"...but now that they've won a few undoubtedly big games, ya'll gotta shift gears and find something else to criticize. If the defense pitches shutouts in the next 5 games some of ya'll will be on here talking about how the Ice in the concession stand melts into your coke too fast and what the hell are those coaches doing about it by God. 

Once Again...BINGO!

lol man rankings don't mean squat. The Kids did play with a lot of heart this past week, not to mention Hines makes everyone look silly making it look easy, especially us. I don't expect them to make every play, but  I do expect them to wrap up when they do make contact. I just want them to make a few stops, get the offense back on the field and let RJ do what he needs to do to get Riggs the ball and Hughes and Stansbury and also #9. I do understand that they are just kids, 80% are sophomores so they are learning as they go. I don't see it as bashing the coaches, just see it as fans talking on a message board that are burnt up with their high school team that they watch year in and year out.  Im not a coach don't claim to be, but I have an opinion and have the right to express it. Evidently some of us on here like to argue football with others at work and other places for bragging rights etc. To each his own I guess.

17 minutes ago, livinthruthekids said:

What constitutes a run?

You ain't got to worry about that...:):):)

8 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

lol man rankings don't mean squat. The Kids did play with a lot of heart this past week, not to mention Hines makes everyone look silly making it look easy, especially us. I don't expect them to make every play, but  I do expect them to wrap up when they do make contact. I just want them to make a few stops, get the offense back on the field and let RJ do what he needs to do to get Riggs the ball and Hughes and Stansbury and also #9. I do understand that they are just kids, 80% are sophomores so they are learning as they go. I don't see it as bashing the coaches, just see it as fans talking on a message board that are burnt up with their high school team that they watch year in and year out.  Im not a coach don't claim to be, but I have an opinion and have the right to express it. Evidently some of us on here like to argue football with others at work and other places for bragging rights etc. To each his own I guess.

fair enough, my response was mostly in reference to the "heads in the sand" comment. As if these guys don't spend the majority of their waking moments worrying about ways to make the team better, it seemed a little over the top is all. 

I am sure the coaches have moved the kids into the best positions already. Sometimes you don't have the defensive talent and no matter where you move them you will still have a weak defense. Don't you know that if there was a better player for those weak positions that the coaches would have put that player there. In case you don't realize it, the coaches want to win just as much or more than you do.

You are not a coach so quit trying to be one. You need to get your head out of the sand and move on.

4 minutes ago, livinthruthekids said:

fair enough, my response was mostly in reference to the "heads in the sand" comment. As if these guys don't spend the majority of their waking moments worrying about ways to make the team better, it seemed a little over the top is all. 

Hell, I still think the original poster is one of you alls players...

1 hour ago, livinthruthekids said:

So before I bash this post.. My comments are on wrapping up and making tackles and turning hips and looking for the ball. That’s fundamental football basics. I have never mentioned any kid by name, although #20 needs to be on the field because he has stupid speed. No we are not state contenders. However to be you gotta step it up on defense. I’ll let you respond to this post before I go any further on the rest of your comments.

26 minutes ago, livinthruthekids said:

What constitutes a run?

Not a fella and you can go back and look at any of my post. I dont criticize the coaches. I've been in battles on here in support of them. Im part of the "rah rah's". lol

I hear ya man. 10 years ago I was the worst person imaginable when it came to comments and not thinking what I had to say and how it came out and who it offended. I have been humbled since becoming a parent and having to learn to reframe from my old habits. I didn't make the comment about head in the sand, but you know there will always be the pro faircloth pro Burnette drama, there is always something drama with booster club yada yada yada. Im happy with faircloth, he has done wonders with the offense, I love 50 burgers every week of course. But with that being said I would like to see something on the defensive side. I don't know the Defensive coordinator but I do see trouble on that side of the ball. Yes you are right we wont win state this year, but that doesn't make an excuse not to try to win state! I myself wanna see the third round and get another shot at college station myself. Anything can happen under Friday night lights. Its all good with me