Friday Night aPAKalypse

Stattrax

Tensions where very high Friday night at the Rez....

First play of the game is the Flea Flicker from PNG... The PAM defensive back put the Mack truck on PNG WR Stansbury. that's what I call a tone setter..... X Box is on fire with his play calling and the route is on. Momentum is on the Titans side.... 30-14 is your halftime score. The end of the half ends in confusion with the fake timeout call that stopped  the clock with the Titans having no timeouts to their name... But it is what it is... TD makes it 30-14... PNG defense has no type of answer for the PAM attack.... Fairclothe makes A few adjustments at half.... The main adjustment is to hell with defense, we are going to turn it up and score some points.... Momemtum shifted, and the Titans started reeling on defense. One score, one 2 point conversion, and one recovered onside kick, PNG gets the momentum for the first time and it's now a slugfest. PAM has the fastest defense in the district, as well as the best defense in the district.... But one thing in High School football that is a killer is momentum.... PNG kept it the whole second half. The PNG defense finally gets a few stops and the Indians take the lead, but as always the Titans answer back.... But Riggs and company decided to answer and the slugfest continued..... This game went down to the last play and the Titans needed 2 yards... The ball was spiked and the rest was history.....

My takes on the game......

X Box had a great gameplan and Hines is the real deal.

Titan Nation packed the house for a great rivalry Atmosphere.

PAM defense is as advertised.....

PAM QB is legit.

PNG offense can move the ball even if it moves from a multiple offense to a SCARED offense.

PNG defense struggled but played with heart and made a few stops when they needed it.

PNG extra point kicker is money......

Shug is the real deal and can make plays against any defense.

My MVP.... 

Riggs caught TD passes. Threw TD passes... Recovered onside kicks, and put kickoffs in the end zone.....

Both of these teams are the best In the district. I'm not saying they will win out, but when they are on, they are on. Both teams have room for improvement and will do so. I would not want to play PAM next week or any week after this loss...

Playoff atmosphere...... Might be the best Rivalry game of the year.......

Props to Stansbury for making the TD grab.... He was leveled on the first play for sure......

It was a turnover free affair and I think if the game is played 10 times that PAM wins 7 of them. Just happened to be the Indians night...

So no crow to eat here.... I stand by what I said during the game thread. Our defensive backs need to be taught to turn their hips and look for the ball... That's simple fundamental football. Our defense needs to learn how to break down, wrap up, and tackle. Again that's football fundamentals. You cannot advance in the playoffs without a decent defense. It's simply impossible to outscore all of your opponents. Offensively I think our O line is coming together and will only get better. On a positive note, the defense played with heart the entire game and did not give up, because honestly, many of us had by the half....

To the X Box haters, I'm just not sure any coach could have done anymore than what he called. He kept us off balance the whole game and made great decisions.......

And last but not least the refs. I'll just say this.... I have never witnessed a game in which it was decided by the refs. Some people love them some people hate them. I honestly feel it was a wash. I look at it like a MMA fight... Give the knockout punch instead of putting it in the judges hands......

And like I said...... Just weather the storm!!!