Ozen In 4A DI?

JagMarine95

This is a discussion I've had with many people. In my opinion, I think they'll fair better in district play (District 10 4A DI) considering Navasota has taken a nose dive since coach Fedora jumped ship. But Region 3 in that level is loaded with the likes of Carthage,Henderson,Kilgore,and Center (District 9 whom they could face in the 1st Round). Also you have Houston Yates and North Forest who basically rule District 11 and i believe they can hang with Ozen. And in District 12 there are the likes of Stafford, El Campo, and Sealy. 

If the Panthers get bumped down, i see them being playoff contenders but not much more than that.......

Anyone else care to share their thoughts

12 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

This is a discussion I've had with many people. In my opinion, I think they'll fair better in district play (District 10 4A DI) considering Navasota has taken a nose dive since coach Fedora jumped ship. But Region 3 in that level is loaded with the likes of Carthage,Henderson,Kilgore,and Center (District 9 whom they could face in the 1st Round). Also you have Houston Yates and North Forest who basically rule District 11 and i believe they can hang with Ozen. And in District 12 there are the likes of Stafford, El Campo, and Sealy. 

If the Panthers get bumped down, i see them being playoff contenders but not much more than that.......

Anyone else care to share their thoughts

I believe Ozen will stay up due to the UIL splitting 5A into division districts. Ozen will have enough enrollment to be 5A DII.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe Ozen will stay up due to the UIL splitting 5A into division districts. Ozen will have enough enrollment to be 5A DII.

Do feel that eventually that they will be competitive in 5A DII or do you think that IF(BIG IF) they would be better off and more competitive at a lower level  

2 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

Aside from PA Memorial wouldn't the 5A district be pretty much the same?

Rumor has it BH, Crosby, and Dayton are coming over in that district. If true, you are going to have a heck of a district.

Central, Ozen, Vidor, PNG, Ned, Crosby, BH, Dayton in the same district. Only question would be Lumberton.

On 10/18/2017 at 0:33 PM, BearEssentials97 said:

This would help Ozen tremendously as long as the powers that be don't make them play up in 5A. There's advantages of being a big fish in a small pond.  Ozen Silsbee Lumberton LCM Bridge City is a good district.

Thats what im saying. Even though I went to Central it still kinda hurts to see the shape the Panthers football program is in now. BISD and The UIL should let them be 4A. I think it'll be good for the kids.

On 10/18/2017 at 0:33 PM, BearEssentials97 said:

This would help Ozen tremendously as long as the powers that be don't make them play up in 5A. There's advantages of being a big fish in a small pond.  Ozen Silsbee Lumberton LCM Bridge City is a good district.

Even if ozen moved down it still would not be a walk in the park for them. Based off of those 5 teams, this year and last year ozen still would miss playoffs.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, BearEssentials97 said:

I think Lumberton would win district if it ends up like this.

9 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

I think Lumberton would win district if it ends up like this.

I highly doubt that. I agree Lumberton would be competitive but LCM 22-6 against Lumberton. Silsbee 18-4, Bridge City 10-6 these are all time records against these 3 teams and they will win district? I just don’t see it. 

26 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

Things have changed sense then. Those old records don't mean squat.

Maybe so. Lonestar football was inaccurate we are 22-8 against yall. I just believe we have traditionally beat Lumberton. Like WOS has beat us. If y’all are in our district next year y’all will have the upper hand we are losing about everyone.

29 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

I highly doubt that. I agree Lumberton would be competitive but LCM 22-6 against Lumberton. Silsbee 18-4, Bridge City 10-6 these are all time records against these 3 teams and they will win district? I just don’t see it. 

Since Babin has taken over I think it would be a different story. I’m not gonna go out on a limb like the other guy and say we win it every year, but it wouldn’t be out of the question for sure! I think us, y’all, BC, and Silsbee would make for a pretty even, tight race each year.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Since Babin has taken over I think it would be a different story. I’m not gonna go out on a limb like the other guy and say we win it every year, but it wouldn’t be out of the question for sure! I think us, y’all, BC, and Silsbee would make for a pretty even, tight race each year.

Like I said y’all would make it competitive but to think y’all are coming down from 5a and mop us around I think that is some rah rah talk lol. If they keep Navasota in our district that will be tough one to. There offense scheme is really something. Also if play next I’d give y’all the nod. Everyone will be gone except our Qb 

6 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Like I said y’all would make it competitive but to think y’all are coming down from 5a and mop us around I think that is some rah rah talk lol. If they keep Navasota in our district that will be tough one to. There offense scheme is really something. Also if play next I’d give y’all the nod. Everyone will be gone except our Qb 

Oh yeah I agree! No “mopping the floor” talk coming from me! Still gonna be tough for us to win a DC