AAW, now that you've seen them both....

BMTSoulja1

1 hour ago, Marie said:

could someone please post RJ stats going into the Vidor game and what was his total stats last year  

Go check out WOSgrads individual stats thread 

last year

YEAR
TOTAL
Pass ATT PAss CMP PAss YD PAss TD INT RUsh ATT RUsh YD RUsh TD
232 143 2318 26 6 250 1650 30

19 hours ago, pakronos said:

oh and if yall THINK Tom Herman and the boosters gonna sit the current freshman QB that will be a junior when boy wonder shows up...YALL ALL SMOKING CRACK!! here's the truth and you heard it from me first. RJ gonna be catching passes from Ehlinger for two years OR he MIGHT see the field as a junior, if another qb don't grab hermans eye.

Man you are eat up with hate after the loss. I'll help you with some math Texas qb will be a senior after Roschon red shirts that put Roschon as a sophomore when he graduates. Hope that helps your begrudging. Your team got beat so whT move on. Know one on here is buying your negativity towards Mid County schools and a particularly really good kid from PNG who happened to be good enough to get scholarship offers. From nearly every major 5 conference school on the nation. That's don't happen for average qb's 

17 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Mond is a freshman.  A&M HC will be fired soon and you never know what coach they bring in after that.  At least Herman is not going anywhere. And true champions don't shy away from competition so I'm sure RJ is not worried about beating out an upper classman. The competition will only make him that much better.  Besides, everybody always wants kids to go in and start right away. There is no better way to develop as a freshman than to torch your own defense running scout team O every day. 

it's not about him "beating out" an upperclassmen lol smh...it's about the boosters  and just being real, one of the reasons when strong came on before the season started frowned...ijs...now you got a truth, justice and the American way qb that's producing and the people that write checks like him, boy wonder, you can play wr. he's not a Vince Young if that's what you are thinking lol. Vince had credible hardware and played like a 5 star recruit. if we are still here 3 years from now...i'll look like a genius lol

17 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Man you are eat up with hate after the loss. I'll help you with some math Texas qb will be a senior after Roschon red shirts that put Roschon as a sophomore when he graduates. Hope that helps your begrudging. Your team got beat so whT move on. Know one on here is buying your negativity towards Mid County schools and a particularly really good kid from PNG who happened to be good enough to get scholarship offers. From nearly every major 5 conference school on the nation. That's don't happen for average qb's 

go into the archives...i said this after we beat them last year...whats your point?? have a seat...and how do you know he will redshirt?? you family now??  lol...if his work ethic is like everyone claims, he's gonna be a true freshman.

8 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Good grief.  You can't let it go.  The kids a great QB, PAM lost, giving up 44 pts, and Harrison will be outcoached year after year.  Stop with the blind hate.

RJ will redshirt at UT, and will be a redshirt freshman when Ehlinger is a senior, given that RJ sticks with UT and Ehlinger stays for his senior year.  

Im sure your attitude would change greatly if Johnson's parents did him a great disservice and enrolled him into Memorial next year.

boy go sit down...RJ ain't paying my bills or give two craps what i'm saying...but you do...again, didn't know you were family to say he is GONNA redshirt...smh...we won last year and barly lost this year...yep barely like png barely lost to PAM...he still just not on that level imo...had he put numbers like that against a team like say Manvel, North Shore, The Woodlands, Katy etc...then i say he's legit. struggle against the best team in the district and look like a world beater against teams under 500...yeah SUSPECT LOL

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

boy go sit down...RJ ain't paying my bills or give two craps what i'm saying...but you do...again, didn't know you were family to say he is GONNA redshirt...smh...we won last year and barly lost this year...yep barely like png barely lost to PAM...he still just not on that level imo...had he put numbers like that against a team like say Manvel, North Shore, The Woodlands, Katy etc...then i say he's legit. struggle against the best team in the district and look like a world beater against teams under 500...yeah SUSPECT LOL

The best team in the district won!! PAM arguably the 2nd best. Lets see what happens with Vidor. 

4 hours ago, pakronos said:

it's not about him "beating out" an upperclassmen lol smh...it's about the boosters  and just being real, one of the reasons when strong came on before the season started frowned...ijs...now you got a truth, justice and the American way qb that's producing and the people that write checks like him, boy wonder, you can play wr. he's not a Vince Young if that's what you are thinking lol. Vince had credible hardware and played like a 5 star recruit. if we are still here 3 years from now...i'll look like a genius lol

Just cuz a kid has a great work ethic does not mean he will play as a freshman.  Did you play past hs? I played with a fella who was All American at our FBS school. He made All Pro(not pro bowl) in the NFL and "started" for about a dozen years. He was red shirted in college. Don't try to tell me about how college boosters and politics work. You only know what somebody told you. And based on who you probably run with, I wouldn't call them a reliable source. Smh

On 10/16/2017 at 5:30 PM, pakronos said:

Since i supposed to be hating on Johnson sooo much....let me hang this little tid bit out for you MC "swingers"....all the "hyped" football players that came from a MC school that was supposed to be the next big thing at the next level...didn't pan out so well....

Dustin Long close but no cigar

Micha Mosely...hmmmmm...i have to watch myself with him lol

The Johnson kid from Nederland...yeah he got some time at UT..BUT wasn't the badazz DE they made him out to be.

Morse has even disappeared off the radar...playing baseball??

so. good luck "shug"...don't read deep into your own press clippings or let them "folks" treat you like Earl Campbell or you won't have a career. Hopefully PNG makes it far in the PO so scouts can see what he can REALLY do against a real defense. PAM makes him avg. i don't care about the score. his stats against PAM both years are not that impressive. last qb in this area that was the TRUTH, Chip Ambres that chose to play baseball. after that...on a HIGH SCHOOL level, i give it to Dustin Long, then after him, Singleton and Jack Dallas. Dallas gets added only because he got hardware to back it up.

I'm happy for any kid in our area that gets a chance to go to a quality university for free  and play the game they love.  It is a means to an end. To me Pakronos you miss the point. You seem like a bit of a "hater".  All the MC kids you named went to school and received a free education.  I do not care if they are super stars or make the NFL.  I'm proud of our area schools and our kids.  

I'm still trying to figure out how 371 total yards and 5 touchdowns is average. From the late 80's to now I'd rank Roschon as the top QB I've ever seen in SETX. He is a true duel threat. A guy that can take off, but is absolutely comfortable staying in the pocket if he can, and also throws a beautiful ball. Chip was at Brook when I was at PNG. He was pretty special, but I'd put Johnson over him. Just a personal opinion. Dustin Long was my teammate in baseball. Great arm, was sneaky fast when he had to be out of the pocket. 

There's a reason huge football programs are going after Johnson as a quarterback. 

And I wouldn't worry about the kid reading into the press clippings, if you've spent any time with him you'd know that he's not a ME guy. He always praises teammates. He's the type that scores, jogs to the cooler for water and takes a seat to talk to his teammates. He's also the type of guy that the week after being eliminated from the playoffs you'll see at the stadium working to get better. There are very few players that have the type of dedication he does.

There's an IT factor I've seen in players that I've covered and he's got it. The others that I've seen it in since being in the media: Shanderrick Charles, Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas. Those were the type of players that were just on another level. I really wish Shanderrick wouldn't have had his injury. 

Does this mean that RJ is destined for greatness in the NCAA and the NFL? Absolutely not. But to say he is average isn't being realistic.

5 minutes ago, AshlyVYPE said:

I'm still trying to figure out how 371 total yards and 5 touchdowns is average. From the late 80's to now I'd rank Roschon as the top QB I've ever seen in SETX. He is a true duel threat. A guy that can take off, but is absolutely comfortable staying in the pocket if he can, and also throws a beautiful ball. Chip was at Brook when I was at PNG. He was pretty special, but I'd put Johnson over him. Just a personal opinion. Dustin Long was my teammate in baseball. Great arm, was sneaky fast when he had to be out of the pocket. 

There's a reason huge football programs are going after Johnson as a quarterback. 

And I wouldn't worry about the kid reading into the press clippings, if you've spent any time with him you'd know that he's not a ME guy. He always praises teammates. He's the type that scores, jogs to the cooler for water and takes a seat to talk to his teammates. He's also the type of guy that the week after being eliminated from the playoffs you'll see at the stadium working to get better. There are very few players that have the type of dedication he does.

There's an IT factor I've seen in players that I've covered and he's got it. The others that I've seen it in since being in the media: Shanderrick Charles, Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas. Those were the type of players that were just on another level. I really wish Shanderrick wouldn't have had his injury. 

Does this mean that RJ is destined for greatness in the NCAA and the NFL? Absolutely not. But to say he is average isn't being realistic.

Roschon has more IT factor than any player I've watched in my three years in SETX. Kary Vincent a close second.

On 10/17/2017 at 1:40 PM, pakronos said:

UT freshman QB keeps throwing unforced INTs like he did in OT today, those boosters will start to get restless. ;-)