Manvel vs FB Marshall

cpujt8

58 minutes ago, cpujt8 said:

Manvel-56

FB Marshall -27

Speed, passing, and talent for days.

Both teams put region 3 on notice.

Like I said when they cancelled our game with y’all to start the season. There will be an 11-0 Crosby team waiting on FB Marshall in the second round looking for redemption. I believe this will be the de facto regional title game, both teams would beat CS and A&M Con.

I will comment on the outcome after the game Thanksgiving weekend. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like I said when they cancelled our game with y’all to start the season. There will be an 11-0 Crosby team waiting on FB Marshall in the second round looking for redemption. I believe this will be the de facto regional title game, both teams would beat CS and A&M Con.

I will comment on the outcome after the game Thanksgiving weekend. 

Knew he couldn't stay away.

No self control.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Knew he couldn't stay away.

No self control.

Am I more narcissistic than most? Absolutely. Do I play the antagonist more often than the average? Probably. One of the things I do pride myself on is self control though, even if I talk like I was born in a reactor sometimes. 

If I didn’t have any I would’ve put together some material for LCM crop dusting Silsbee after being down 50-6 to Crosby at halftime. Probably would’ve said something about a Busch league win vs Jasper. 

If I didn’t have any I would’ve been on here pointing out that instead of the 40 I said nobody would keep us off of, that we’re actually averaging 51.7ppg and have the same 21.8ppg net differential the 2013(senior Twins) team averaged. A team about which you were interviewed on one of our Houston high school shows and said in response to a question about contenders, “I want to see somebody stop this Crosby team”. I’m sure the verbatim language is out there somewhere. 

It doesn’t look as good now because I don’t think BH will make the playoffs but when they had their qb they beat a Friendswood team who is now 5-1, Crosby came into BH and beat them by 16 a week later. I would’ve definitely had something for that. 

It’s a lot more simple now Ag. Instead of trying to prove a point I just sit back a watch people get 1 of about every 10 things relating Crosby right and board members jump on it with both feet. I’ve found opinions about high school football teams are like political views, no need trying to correct them. Depending on what enrollment numbers PAM turns in this may be Crosby’s last year with real coverage on the board anyway. Crosby will almost surely be over the 5A-D2 cutoff and only have district options to the south with Manvel/Angleton, to the west with CE King/HISD or north with NCISD/Humble ISD. 

I could go on and on but that would get to that self control thing. I’ve been waiting a year for Crosby to play FB Marshall with 7 at qb, feel like I owe a comment on that one win or lose. That is all. 

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Am I more narcissistic than most? Absolutely. Do I play the antagonist more often than the average? Probably. One of the things I do pride myself on is self control though, even if I talk like I was born in a reactor sometimes. 

If I didn’t have any I would’ve put together some material for LCM crop dusting Silsbee after being down 50-6 to Crosby at halftime. Probably would’ve said something about a Busch league win vs Jasper. 

If I didn’t have any I would’ve been on here pointing out that instead of the 40 I said nobody would keep us off of, that we’re actually averaging 51.7ppg and have the same 21.8ppg net differential the 2013(senior Twins) team averaged. A team about which you were interviewed on one of our Houston high school shows and said in response to a question about contenders, “I want to see somebody stop this Crosby team”. I’m sure the verbatim language is out there somewhere. 

It doesn’t look as good now because I don’t think BH will make the playoffs but when they had their qb they beat a Friendswood team who is now 5-1, Crosby came into BH and beat them by 16 a week later. I would’ve definitely had something for that. 

It’s a lot more simple now Ag. Instead of trying to prove a point I just sit back a watch people get 1 of about every 10 things relating Crosby right and board members jump on it with both feet. I’ve found opinions about high school football teams are like political views, no need trying to correct them. Depending on what enrollment numbers PAM turns in this may be Crosby’s last year with real coverage on the board anyway. Crosby will almost surely be over the 5A-D2 cutoff and only have district options to the south with Manvel/Angleton, to the west with CE King/HISD or north with NCISD/Humble ISD. 

I could go on and on but that would get to that self control thing. I’ve been waiting a year for Crosby to play FB Marshall with 7 at qb, feel like I owe a comment on that one win or lose. That is all. 

You done? I didn't think so.

Say what you mean, mean what you say.

You are one of many who have "proclaimed" they are done with this site, then come back. Makes your word, including this long winded reply I quoted, meaningless. You couldn't even make the remainder of the season before you popped back in.

Be a man, stick to your word.

16 hours ago, CCRed said:

If it is, that's still two more weeks more than BH.  LOL

Don't matter because we aren't the Mecca. Lol

I'm good where we're at as a program. As long as we're in the hunt for playoffs, that's all we expect. We realize that we don't have all of the D1 athletes. What's y'alls excuse? I'll wait.........

13 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I'm good where we're at as a program. As long as we're in the hunt for playoffs, that's all we expect. We realize that we don't have all of the D1 athletes. What's y'alls excuse? I'll wait.........

Take a look at Cedar Park and what they do. Once again they are one of the best teams in the state. I could see BH being similar to them in the next 2-3 years. Coaching and really good high school athletes will get you a long ways.

11 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Oh wow.  I don't know that there is an excuse required to dominant the district and bi-district the last several years, but ok.  If you are happy with spending all that money on the coaching staff and finish 4th or 5th in the district that's good with me. Happy hunting.

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Crosby needs to worry about getting past 22-5A first.

If you look back at the last 4 or 5 years Crosby gets lucky because our district has some big schools compared to 22-5a. The big schools that go from 21-5a isually struggle against 22-5a. Crosby has win district several years in row and usually get a team struggled to get in. If it was still the 2 team playoff, PNG or PAM would be putting them out first round most years. That's why you see them out 2nd or 3rd round every year.

6 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Oh wow.  I don't know that there is an excuse required to dominant the district and bi-district the last several years, but ok.  If you are happy with spending all that money on the coaching staff and finish 4th or 5th in the district that's good with me. Happy hunting.

I'm waiting for the excuse on the early exit every year? 

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

If you look back at the last 4 or 5 years Crosby gets lucky because our district has some big schools compared to 22-5a. The big schools that go from 21-5a isually struggle against 22-5a. Crosby has win district several years in row and usually get a team struggled to get in. If it was still the 2 team playoff, PNG or PAM would be putting them out first round most years. That's why you see them out 2nd or 3rd round every year.

How can you bad mouth a program that gets knocked out the "2nd or 3rd round every year", (your words), when your program barely makes it to the playoffs in a 4 team format and gets an early exit ?  And quite possibly won't make the playoffs at all this year.  

3 minutes ago, CCRed said:

How can you bad mouth a program that gets knocked out the "2nd or 3rd round every year", (your words), when your program barely makes it to the playoffs in a 4 team format and gets an early exit ?  And quite possibly won't make the playoffs at all this year.  

We don't hype up our football team to be the world beaters, Crosby does. So when you pound your chest and get beat in the playoffs, everyone on this site is happy. Any other team, WOS, PNG, heck even PAM, we root for to go far, but not Crosby, wonder why?

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Avoiding the question, nice. Yes, two rounds is early.

Ok, I will have to think about an excuse for you projecting us to have an "early" 2nd round exit.  But if you consider two rounds early, what do you consider not getting in at all ?

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You done? I didn't think so.

Say what you mean, mean what you say.

You are one of many who have "proclaimed" they are done with this site, then come back. Makes your word, including this long winded reply I quoted, meaningless. You couldn't even make the remainder of the season before you popped back in.

Be a man, stick to your word.

My question is, as a Director/Manager why are you trying to run people(who actually contribute to this site) off?  

11 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

My question is, as a Director/Manager why are you trying to run people(who actually contribute to this site) off?  

Not doing anything of the such.

Why would he say he is done with the site and then come back?

To me (and others) he is basically bad mouthing the site saying it's not any good and not worth his time.

Why would we encourage that kind of a member?

34 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not doing anything of the such.

Why would he say he is done with the site and then come back?

To me (and others) he is basically bad mouthing the site saying it's not any good and not worth his time.

Why would we encourage that kind of a member?

If I remember it was more to have to do with his son playing and he was going to chill for a while, I don’t want to speak for him though.  Threads do seem to be more active when 14.2 is commenting.  Just my opinion though.

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

Ok, I will have to think about an excuse for you projecting us to have an "early" 2nd round exit.  But if you consider two rounds early, what do you consider not getting in at all ?

Not a playoff team. I'm talking about all these past years, early exit. Once again, it was directed to the almighty Crosby fans that put down every team in the viewing area. If y'all are or have been so great, what's the excuse that y'all continue to get ousted in the second round? You have to win 5 games to get to the ship and 6 to win it all. If you win one or two, I would think any normal person would say that's an early exit. Once again, it's my belief after watching Crosby twice this year that it will be another early exit.

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Not a playoff team. I'm talking about all these past years, early exit. Once again, it was directed to the almighty Crosby fans that put down every team in the viewing area. If y'all are or have been so great, what's the excuse that y'all continue to get ousted in the second round? You have to win 5 games to get to the ship and 6 to win it all. If you win one or two, I would think any normal person would say that's an early exit. Once again, it's my belief after watching Crosby twice this year that it will be another early exit.

Dude or Dudette whichever one fits you best. Not all Crosby fans are “almighty” there’s only one of those.