My view on PAM vs PNG 2017

pakronos

23 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So now you are saying that Jones is as good of a QB as Johnson?  Remember, we are talking about being a QB, not just a great athlete. By the way, what is Jones being recruited as for college?  It's not even fun arguing with you because you have absolutely no clue. 

He is being recruited as an “athlete.”  But as stated in another thread, both his future coach Chad Morris and Kliff Kingsbury believe he has the tools to play QB at the next level.  I think both of those guys know a little something about that position.  Doesn’t matter if he’s as good as Roschon (and few are), he’s apparentlu good enough to get a free education that’s would cost us between $280k-$350k.  That’s pretty good to me. 

15 minutes ago, PAT said:

Not sure probably never. Once gain, shug is very good but I would take Dodge over him any day. 

Todd Dodge probably  played football before I was alive so I can't argue. Free to have your preference.  

But this is my point. It's going to take someone after Roschon because it ain't never happened before him. Even with dual-threat athletic quarterbacks being a common Occurrence at schools like Port Arthur, beaumont and in Orange

History lesson for the rah rahs...

Best dual threat from the area would be Chip Ambres... However he chose baseball instead...

Best dual threat to do it in college is James Brown... Both West Brook Grads.

Best Port Arthur QB would be Todd Dodge. However TD was a product of an offense way ahead of its time. He did go on to have an average UT career...

PNG best QB to have a record breaking college career would be Dustin Long. PNG has never had a dual threat so RJ is the best Dual Threat QB for PNG.

Dodge and Long both played for a state championship.....

Ethridge is a name that always comes up. I consider him the best overall high school QB that PNG has seen, however that did not move to the next level.

Dodge played quarterback at 

This is the hidden content, please
 in 
, under coach 
 where he set several state records. As a senior in 1980, Dodge set the record for most passing yards in a season and became the first quarterback in Texas high school football history to pass for more than 3,000 yards in a season (3,135 yards). That same season, he led Jefferson High to the 1980 Class 5A state championship game against 
 of 
 He also set Texas high school records for most career completions (382) and most completions in a season (221); while finishing his career with the second most career passing yards behind 

21 minutes ago, PAT said:

Dodge played quarterback at 

in 
, under coach 
 where he set several state records. As a senior in 1980, Dodge set the record for most passing yards in a season and became the first quarterback in Texas high school football history to pass for more than 3,000 yards in a season (3,135 yards). That same season, he led Jefferson High to the 1980 Class 5A state championship game against 
 of 
 He also set Texas high school records for most career completions (382) and most completions in a season (221); while finishing his career with the second most career passing yards behind 

Well damn. Sounds like TJ picked up the shotgun offense while everybody else is still running power I back in the day

Nothing against Singleton. Great player who went on a great run.

Singleton

Johnson

I hate to do this i really do but somebody needs to say it there's a reason black kids(again I apologize) go to PNG/Nederland and other smaller schools instead of memorial is because of the competiton level(I know Johnson has been at PNG since he was in middle school) just speaking in general . They wouldn't stick out as much as they did if they went to memorial. Also not taking anything away from Johnson i think he's a great football player/kid. but let's be honest southeast texas highschool football has gotten worse ever year the level of competiton is nowhere near the same. You cannot compare who Singelton played vs who Johnson played. Singelton beat some very good teams in North Shore and La Porte and eventually lost out to Cibolo Steele another very good team. Also I would like to see Johnson team play against that memorial defense if you think this year defense is so great. 2012 memorial in my mind had one of the best linebacker cores I ever seen including a superbowl champ in Elandon Roberts. 2013 memorial had one of the best DB cores in Jalen Barnes(Tx Tech) Lemora (WA State) Cockrell(UTEP) Levine a freshman at the time (UTSA) also lets not forget james jenkins and more. Thats 4 D1 DBs on one team. my last point i will like to make is rankings doesnt mean anything, the most drafted players in the NFL are 3star athletes rankings to me just means your family has money to send you to all these camps across the states to play infront of scouts alot of PAM kids family dont have money to spend like that. If we went by rankings so much Tony Brown was the best DB ever out of SETX which is a lie. Scouts just love potential. size speed genetics, etc... I've yet to see tony play a good game at Bama correct me if I'm wrong.

one more point to make I also believe Doty is the best QB PNG has had since ive been watching highschool football. I just think PNG has never seen a mobile QB that made plays with his feet and that's why everybody loves the kid. At other schools such as PAM Ozen Central Westbrook they are use to seeing mobile QBs so it doesnt surprise them at all. He's just the first of his kind at PNG to be honest.