My view on PAM vs PNG 2017

pakronos

This my view of the game last night. After this I’m moving on. First off congrats to png on the win. More on that later. I want to address the flag issue. I’m not blaming the refs on the loss, but it was a POORLY officiated game that was lopsided. Now the way I see it, pam still was able to move the ball and score despite the flags. They wasn’t drive killers. My complaint is 14 flags vs 3 flags. PNG is not that good on offense or play mistake free or disciplined. On the throwback it was a clear illegal block in front of the ref. I feel the refs was looking more at pam and not so much png. On to boy wonder. He’s a kid so I won’t come directly after him, but I will come for these homers. He was able to run for a big TD run which is all him. I stated in the week he was gonna get about 2-3 if those. Otherwise look avg. jones actually had better stats and played better, despite the mistake at the end. Riggs gets a big shot out and is IMO mvp of the game. I stated all week he was my concern due to I knew Xbox was gonna put a smaller Hopkins on him. Now, IMO 3plays swung momentum to png and that was the factor. The onside kick, the throwback and Riggs throw to 7. Xbox and snes aka Harmon, need to get plays in quicker and have better management of timeouts, awareness, and clock management. I will predict png will take a loss to either Nederland, central or Vidor. I’m thinking another shared DC will happen. 

34 minutes ago, pakronos said:

This my view of the game last night. After this I’m moving on. First off congrats to png on the win. More on that later. I want to address the flag issue. I’m not blaming the refs on the loss, but it was a POORLY officiated game that was lopsided. Now the way I see it, pam still was able to move the ball and score despite the flags. They wasn’t drive killers. My complaint is 14 flags vs 3 flags. PNG is not that good on offense or play mistake free or disciplined. On the throwback it was a clear illegal block in front of the ref. I feel the refs was looking more at pam and not so much png. On to boy wonder. He’s a kid so I won’t come directly after him, but I will come for these homers. He was able to run for a big TD run which is all him. I stated in the week he was gonna get about 2-3 if those. Otherwise look avg. jones actually had better stats and played better, despite the mistake at the end. Riggs gets a big shot out and is IMO mvp of the game. I stated all week he was my concern due to I knew Xbox was gonna put a smaller Hopkins on him. Now, IMO 3plays swung momentum to png and that was the factor. The onside kick, the throwback and Riggs throw to 7. Xbox and snes aka Harmon, need to get plays in quicker and have better management of timeouts, awareness, and clock management. I will predict png will take a loss to either Nederland, central or Vidor. I’m thinking another shared DC will happen. 

Jones didn't have to play against memorial defense #1. He won't see a defense like his own teams D until playoffs. No one is in awe of png  D except for how bad the tackling is.

Shug mare all the plays that mattered. Riggs is the goat PNG wide reciever. Another W.

If we’re gonna compare qbs, it’s not wise to compare them in the same game when one is going against a MUCH better defense. Let’s compare them against common factors. Take Lumberton for example. Boy wonder tore us up, Jones not so much.

against Nederland Jones didn’t do much either, how well will RJ do against Nederland? Time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

If we’re gonna compare qbs, it’s not wise to compare them in the same game when one is going against a MUCH better defense. Let’s compare them against common factors. Take Lumberton for example. Boy wonder tore us up, Jones not so much.

against Nederland Jones didn’t do much either, how well will RJ do against Nederland? Time will tell. 

Still not fair because last night it was obvious that the playbook was opened up. Way more passes, different looks, etc... pam really kept it vanilla against lumberton running the same plays

My point of comparison was against a defense that has talent he looks like the avg zone read qb. That’s not a knock on him. The reason the kid at brook is getting props is because he is doing it better against way better competition. The schools brook play would smash png and boy wonder. Some of them would smash pam

6 minutes ago, pakronos said:

My point of comparison was against a defense that has talent he looks like the avg zone read qb. That’s not a knock on him. The reason the kid at brook is getting props is because he is doing it better against way better competition. The schools brook play would smash png and boy wonder. Some of them would smash pam

True, but if you put Boy Wonder on a team like west brook how would he do? Just as good if not better. 

7 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Wait a minute.  The schools that Brook plays would smash png but only some of them would smash pam?  PNG just beat pam and pam lost last year to vidor.  What color is the sky in your world?

6 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Wait a minute.  The schools that Brook plays would smash png but only some of them would smash pam?  PNG just beat pam and pam lost last year to vidor.  What color is the sky in your world?

We would beat one or two. Png would beat none. 

20 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Hmmm.  I've heard someone say this before....

I think it’s hilarious when people assume that both teams in a particular game should have a similar number of penalties.  I know there are missed calls in every game, on every level, and in every sport.  But saying that because one team had a lot of penalties and the other had a few somehow shows that it isn’t fair....well...that’s kind of dumb.

”we had 10 holding calls so they should have 10 as well.”

Yeah.  That’s stupid 

9 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I think it’s hilarious when people assume that both teams in a particular game should have a similar number of penalties.  I know there are missed calls in every game, on every level, and in every sport.  But saying that because one team had a lot of penalties and the other had a few somehow shows that it isn’t fair....well...that’s kind of dumb.

Yeah.  That’s stupid 

Inequality. It’s everywhere. This is just more proof. 

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Yeah.  That’s stupid 

Nobody saying that nimrod... it was obvious penalties in plain sight that didn’t called against png. 5 or 6 flags on pam was legit. I don’t think the flags against pam hurt them. It the obvious no calls on png offense that some might gripe over 

25 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Nobody saying that nimrod... it was obvious penalties in plain sight that didn’t called against png. 5 or 6 flags on pam was legit. I don’t think the flags against pam hurt them. It the obvious no calls on png offense that some might gripe over 

Nimrod?  Lol. That’s a typical response of someone that refuses to admit they’re wrong.  Nobody is saying that?

My complaint is 14 flags vs 3 flags.”

Am I reading or interpreting that wrong?

6 hours ago, NDNation said:

Flags on PAMs  offense, doesn't explain PAMs Defense allowing 44 points. More than all the other opponents combined and then some.

PAM acted like They Had never seen a trick play.

You missing the other side of the coin. Well from my perspective, it was ALOT of “missed” flags on png offense. Also the flag on the 2point conversion was rediculous