Beaumont Central @ Lumberton

Alpha Wolf

10 hours ago, D3zii said:

One thing I never understood was, why people thought Dixon was such a good COACH..Great man off the field , but on the field he was all discipline and that's it, he also didn't surround himself with the best coaches specially on offense..They underutilized so much talent back then...Defense was good but he could never score points which is why I really didn't like the Dixon era, loved him as a man but hated the scheme . You can say Washington almost did the same thing, instead of going out and finding a good OC, he hired from inside and it hurt them when they played against good coached teams, we just had good athletes on that side of the ball that made him look good at times

One reason i loved Stowers is becaues he knew he was a defense of coach and went out and got good OC to handle the offense, and wasn't afraid to go out of the area and find them, 

I agree with ya. I played for Sedberry and Dixon was his D.C. IMO, the 2 best coaches Central has had was Sedberry and Stowers, Dixon was a good D.C. That was his strong suit. We were very disciplined under him. Wished he would've remained D.C. for a few more years. I have known Jeff for along time and believe that he will do good things at Central now. He should've gotten the Ozen job again a couple of years ago but someone put a stop to it and that someone wanted Blake. I just don't know him very well. Never coached with him before. He was after my time.