Beaumont Central @ Lumberton

Alpha Wolf

23 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The staff he had at Central as a whole didn't have a clue, imho....

Yea, thoes teams he had in 2009 and 2010 after Stowers left underachieved imo..So much talent on Thoes teams specially that 2009 roster (Hale,O'Neal,Jackson,Holman, Heard,Ogletree,Cantue,etc) and got out coached in the playoffs twice (Friendswood, Humble) 

23 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Coach Wash was a good coach and is a better man. You should've played for him in the late 80's & early 90's and you would've really seen ole school tear some arse up. Wash, Dixon, & Savaet as a group! Think he just got caught up in bad timing. Heard he's doing some good things @ Kelly with their defense.

One thing I never understood was, why people thought Dixon was such a good COACH..Great man off the field , but on the field he was all discipline and that's it, he also didn't surround himself with the best coaches specially on offense..They underutilized so much talent back then...Defense was good but he could never score points which is why I really didn't like the Dixon era, loved him as a man but hated the scheme . You can say Washington almost did the same thing, instead of going out and finding a good OC, he hired from inside and it hurt them when they played against good coached teams, we just had good athletes on that side of the ball that made him look good at times

One reason i loved Stowers is becaues he knew he was a defense of coach and went out and got good OC to handle the offense, and wasn't afraid to go out of the area and find them, 

42 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Yea, thoes teams he had in 2009 and 2010 after Stowers left underachieved imo..So much talent on Thoes teams specially that 2009 roster (Hale,O'Neal,Jackson,Holman, Heard,Ogletree,Cantue,etc) and got out coached in the playoffs twice (Friendswood, Humble) 

True..  especially the Humble game...  We were up by 2 scores late and they couldn't stop Heard... Then we went away from him in the second half...

26 minutes ago, D3zii said:

One thing I never understood was, why people thought Dixon was such a good COACH..Great man off the field , but on the field he was all discipline and that's it, he also didn't surround himself with the best coaches specially on offense..They underutilized so much talent back then...Defense was good but he could never score points which is why I really didn't like the Dixon era, loved him as a man but hated the scheme . You can say Washington almost did the same thing, instead of going out and finding a good OC, he hired from inside and it hurt them when they played against good coached teams, we just had good athletes on that side of the ball that made him look good at times

One reason i loved Stowers is becaues he knew he was a defense of coach and went out and got good OC to handle the offense, and wasn't afraid to go out of the area and find them, 

Very accurate here about coach D. That option. Left right sweep right and left was his ultimate downfall...

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Very accurate here about coach D. That option. Left right sweep right and left was his ultimate downfall...

Im too young to remember that era. lol. My 1st year as a young Jaguar fan was '03 when my uncles played and central made it to the 4th round i believe. I think Suggs was the coach then. i was probably in 2nd grade

6 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Im too young to remember that era. lol. My 1st year as a young Jaguar fan was '03 when my uncles played and central made it to the 4th round i believe. I think Suggs was the coach then. i was probably in 2nd grade

Yes...  Good years at Central then.  2003 at that point was the best Central team to come through...  They went 3 rounds deep, which was the farthest any Central team went at that time...  Team had A. Collins, who later on stared at Kansas and made the NFL as an OT...  Until a better team came through, the imfamous 2008 team...

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes...  Good years at Central then.  2003 at that point was the best Central team to come through...  They went 3 rounds deep, which was the farthest any Central team went at that time...  Team had A. Collins, who later on stared at Kansas and made the NFL as an OT...  Until a better team came through, the imfamous 2008 team...

Wasnt Matherson the QB......only 2 ft tall but could play his heart out

45 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea that 03 team with David Dixion was probably the best defense to come thru central, ..as far as overall ill still give it to the 08 

2 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

That '03 team was hard to read. They were the last Central team to beat West Brook, but in turn got walloped by PNG and Ozen, then turned around and beat West Orange Stark and made a nice playoff run. But those red zone turnovers against Bay City did them in during that 3rd round matchup

That Bay City team turned around and went to state.  They were a mirror image of us that year...  Strong defense and running game, horrible passing game...