PNG @ Vidor prediction

Indianforever

12 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

If anyone would have it would have been PAM providing its not self inflicted...... PNG has a special group of players this season. The speed for a PNG team is unreal

A little off topic, but I understand about the speed.  Acquaintance of mine follows Joaquin (2A-D1) and they're usually lacking in speed.  Last year their 4x100 relay went to state.  All underclassmen, and Joaquin runs the slot T.  All 4 starting in the backfield.  Helped them this year - they're putting up numbers like PNG.  Speed kills in football.

32 minutes ago, REBgp said:

A little off topic, but I understand about the speed.  Acquaintance of mine follows Joaquin (2A-D1) and they're usually lacking in speed.  Last year their 4x100 relay went to state.  All underclassmen, and Joaquin runs the slot T.  All 4 starting in the backfield.  Helped them this year - they're putting up numbers like PNG.  Speed kills in football.

I love Joaquin I have family that graduated from there and Shelbyville. We own land just out of Shelbyville and I try and catch a game or two a year up there. SO awesome for Joaquin. They have had a couple of good teams in the past...

35 minutes ago, Realville said:

Off topic  but Lets Go ASTROS!!!

That's something we can join together on. Go Stros. I have nothing but respect for the Pirates. Coach Matthews is a dying breed of coach. I have a great respect for him and what Vidor's teams have come to represent. Vidor is a town that has a history and Coach Matthews has rid any semblance of that from the school and program and helps raise some great kids by teaching them the way things should be and not what this towns history would try and suggest. Hats off to coach Matthews and his wonderful leadership of young men. 

Too early for a prediction but I will say that Vidor always plays hard nosed football. For PNG a 5th district win puts them in a “win and you’re in” situation. PNG definitely has Undefeated district champs starting to creep into the back of their minds even though there are still a few tough tests to go and vidor would love to play spoiler. 

I think the secret to playing Vidor has to be patience. Let the play develop a attack the ball. They do misdirection so well it is essential to play your slot. With that said,  Deslatte can get some ground he may surprise the Vidor defense. If Vidor takes away the deep routes of Riggs and Hughes then RJ will have Stansbury and Hebert or Lane to throw to. They are all good. Throw in Wuenchel #9 and man you have a lot to cover. Of course RJ may have to run and well we know how that usually ends. 

16 hours ago, Realville said:

If I had to guess I would think Matthews would put Quirante on Riggs. Yes there’s a another Quirante left. He’s a Senior. Plays dB. About 6’3 close 200lbs an has Speed. Probably the most athletic out of all the Quirante boys.  The rest of the secondary has pretty good size speed also. You will hear #15 called a lot . He’s a head hunter  and very intense. A lot things gotta go right for us to get the W but it’s achievable. Gotta Love High School Football! Good Luck!

Quirante on Riggs, you better dial up 911 because he wont be able to contain him. Riggs is a monster. If Matthews doesn't put two on Riggs it will be a scoreboard malfunction because PNG will Blow the bulbs out lol. PNGs receiving staff this year hasn't missed a step from last year, although against PAM the first two possessions they couldn't catch the ball. Besides that they have been money! I like the matchup of our offense against your defense. I am curious to see how PNG tries to stop Vidors offense. A run heavy offense like theirs eats up the clock as they move the ball. I expect the game to go by fast. Not gonna predict the score but im sure both teams will find the endzone frequently .

15 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Quirante on Riggs, you better dial up 911 because he wont be able to contain him. Riggs is a monster. If Matthews doesn't put two on Riggs it will be a scoreboard malfunction because PNG will Blow the bulbs out lol. PNGs receiving staff this year hasn't missed a step from last year, although against PAM the first two possessions they couldn't catch the ball. Besides that they have been money! I like the matchup of our offense against your defense. I am curious to see how PNG tries to stop Vidors offense. A run heavy offense like theirs eats up the clock as they move the ball. I expect the game to go by fast. Not gonna predict the score but im sure both teams will find the endzone frequently .

Hopefully y’all want have the ball that much :)

17 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

lol well when we do touch the ball we will score how about that lol. I don't want any rain for Friday, I want to see a good dry football field lol. May the best team win.

Lord please don’t let it rain! At least until the games over! Don’t be doing any of those Indian rain dances either! Lol

17 minutes ago, Realville said:

Lord please don’t let it rain! At least until the games over! Don’t be doing any of those Indian rain dances either! Lol

I was thinking that a good, wet, grass field would benefit Vidor and their rushing attack and possibly slow down the PNG passing game a bit!  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Vidor's defense is very experienced and make great open field tackles... Probably won't be many YAC yards on them.  I think PN-G will be ready and the Indian scoring will be down.  Actually, I think this game will probably be decided by less than 14 points..

Really, I wish someone would post yac yards for Riggs I would love to see what they amounted too. lol Robert im not gonna throw you out in front of the bus, but man I cant believe you would actually think that .lol

10 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Really, I wish someone would post yac yards for Riggs I would love to see what they amounted too. lol Robert im not gonna throw you out in front of the bus, but man I cant believe you would actually think that .lol

It does sound funny.  But Vidor have a few kids on defense that can go...  We'll see how it goes...