PNG @ Vidor prediction

Indianforever

3 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I don't want either of us to look past this weeks opponents, Vidor and Lumberton, but I do feel that is going to be the deciding factor.  With the "No Fly Zone" in full affect, I'm not so much worried about the company part, more like RJ's legs and whoever you all's running back is what concerns me.

Hey didn't you tell me to wait to our game week?!! Go away!! We'll have time for ours

1 hour ago, Vpirate02 said:

I think our front 7 might have something to say about that :)

Based on what I've been reading on here, Vidor is not easy to run on (I miss the days when the stats of every game were available), and jmo, doubt they'll have a lot of success on the ground.  That's not accounting for Ros' scrambles, which with his talent, can leave a defender tackling air lol.  Imo, the Indians will fly the friendly skies.  After enough completions, ground game might improve.  Vidor can, and may win, but it'll take a flawless game and a few gifts from PNG.  Things like that have happened before.  As Realville implied, if it was a rugby game, I'd have the Pirates as favorites :) 

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

As an opponent of Vidor, I'd not take the Pirates front seven lightly.  I'm sure Coach Faircloth is not.  Unfortunately, that only leaves 4 to cover all the good Indian receivers.  Now you can yawn.

I will go out on a limb and promise you that there is no way in hell Mathews isn't gonna have double coverage on Riggs at all times. He goes man coverage PNG will score everytime they get the ball, there is no one on vidor gonna go man for man with Riggs period. But it isn't just Riggs, you have Stansbury and Hughes and #9 to deal with as wideouts also. Vidor might be tough against the run I don't know, haven't seen em play, but they haven't faced the NDNs yet either and im willing to bet we hang 40 or more points on them. I just like our matchups against theirs, I think it will be a damn good game. If Vidor could come out like they did last year and answer every score for us with one of their own like last year and do it for two halves then yes it would be a whale of a game, but for now I will just stick with my yawn.

I have to say our front seven and DB’s are much improved from last year. Our offense is a lot younger this year but improving week by week. Hopefully we have 2 of our starting running backs back on the field from injury this Friday. I know our defense will have there hands full but I think there up for the challenge. Our defense is definitely not afraid to hit and wrap up. There will be some hard hitting this Friday I promise you. Come on Friday!

We will see about Vidors D. PNG forgot they had RBs against Memorial. They might have carried 6 times for 25 yards! If your D is good enough to take away the RB, we wont even give em the ball. Roschon carried 20 plus times. Our offense then has two types of plays:

1. Roschon Run

2. Roschon Pass

Granted those two plays havent been stopped yet lol Give those Rbs.the ball Deslatte and Ceja got to get it in. Vidor could build their confidence if they have success against them

12 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I will go out on a limb and promise you that there is no way in hell Mathews isn't gonna have double coverage on Riggs at all times. He goes man coverage PNG will score everytime they get the ball, there is no one on vidor gonna go man for man with Riggs period. But it isn't just Riggs, you have Stansbury and Hughes and #9 to deal with as wideouts also. Vidor might be tough against the run I don't know, haven't seen em play, but they haven't faced the NDNs yet either and im willing to bet we hang 40 or more points on them. I just like our matchups against theirs, I think it will be a damn good game. If Vidor could come out like they did last year and answer every score for us with one of their own like last year and do it for two halves then yes it would be a whale of a game, but for now I will just stick with my yawn.

Your post mirrors most of the comments I've made.  I was just pointing out, imo, how absurd it was to post (quote) 'yawn' to another post on Vidors front 7.  As for as PNG hanging 40 or more on Vidor, I predicted 46.  If there's any defense (other than WOS) in our area that can keep PNG under 40, I can't imagine who.

I just posted yawn as smack lol its all good buddy lol I try to keep it vanilla when it comes to Vidor, I once had a vidor coach contact me thru pm and wanted to know how big  an ole boy I was and precede to threaten to whoop me. But surprisingly Coach Mathews pmed me as well which caught me off guard but showed how classy he truly is . So I just keep it simple, I don't wanna  get beat up in the stands wouldn't be good for a guy with  my reputation, I can only imagine what people would say lol (Stattraxx) lol what you think?

14 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

If I had to guess I would think Matthews would put Quirante on Riggs. Yes there’s a another Quirante left. He’s a Senior. Plays dB. About 6’3 close 200lbs an has Speed. Probably the most athletic out of all the Quirante boys.  The rest of the secondary has pretty good size speed also. You will hear #15 called a lot . He’s a head hunter  and very intense. A lot things gotta go right for us to get the W but it’s achievable. Gotta Love High School Football! Good Luck!

15 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I just posted yawn as smack lol its all good buddy lol I try to keep it vanilla when it comes to Vidor, I once had a vidor coach contact me thru pm and wanted to know how big  an ole boy I was and precede to threaten to whoop me. But surprisingly Coach Mathews pmed me as well which caught me off guard but showed how classy he truly is . So I just keep it simple, I don't wanna  get beat up in the stands wouldn't be good for a guy with  my reputation, I can only imagine what people would say lol (Stattraxx) lol what you think?

Hey, I'm 72 and for my age, think I can stand my own, but last Friday I got beat up in the stands at Hull Daisetta by a gang of big, vicious critters.  Somebody said mosquitos, but a more descriptive term would be flying raptors.  One lady took four home (all she could carry) to make gumbo :) 

27 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I guess I am on the other side of the spectrum... I see it very difficult for Vidor to stay in this game. However I do hope to see the Pirates make the playoffs. I actually pull for them every other week besides this one due to the fact they play with all heart...... You'll get your points... Trust me!!!

11 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I guess I am on the other side of the spectrum... I see it very difficult for Vidor to stay in this game. However I do hope to see the Pirates make the playoffs. I actually pull for them every other week besides this one due to the fact they play with all heart...... You'll get your points... Trust me!!!

Hopefully we’ll get one more point than y’all. :)

Just now, Realville said:

Always love this game! And love watching coach Mathews put on his show on his side line!

That is part of the fun of playing Vidor in football.  The Coach Mathews sideline show is part of the ambiance. Both teams play all out/all the time against each other & neither coach is happy with what the other coaches, players & referees are doing.  You know it's a great game when both teams fan bases complain about the referees & other teams coaches before, during & after the game, regardless of who wins!!!

READY FOR FRIDAY & THE INDIAN AIR ATTACK!!!  100% support of Vidor victories, after this week's game!

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

Your post mirrors most of the comments I've made.  I was just pointing out, imo, how absurd it was to post (quote) 'yawn' to another post on Vidors front 7.  As for as PNG hanging 40 or more on Vidor, I predicted 46.  If there's any defense (other than WOS) in our area that can keep PNG under 40, I can't imagine who.

If anyone would have it would have been PAM providing its not self inflicted...... PNG has a special group of players this season. The speed for a PNG team is unreal