22-5A Playoff Picture

vhs

Copied, pasted and edited from another thread...

I know the games still have to be played but if we all can agree, our 3 bottom teams are Livingston, Baytown Lee and Beaumont Ozen.  So looking at the schedules, any of the other 6 teams that still have to play one of those 3, I adjusted their district records to show wins over them and I put the other remaining opponents out to the side.

Done alphabetically...

Beaumont Central...4-2...Lumberton and Port Neches-Groves

Lumberton...3-3...Beaumont Central and Nederland

Nederland...4-2...Lumberton and Port Neches-Groves

Port Arthur Memorial...6-1...Vidor

Port Neches-Groves...5-0...Vidor, Beaumont Central and Nederland

Vidor...4-2...Port Neches-Groves and Port Arthur Memorial

Normally 5-3 would get you in but we could have a log jam at 5-3 so the for sure magic number is 6...

5 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I know the games still have to be played but if we all can agree, our 3 bottom teams are Livingston, Baytown Lee and Beaumont Ozen.  So looking at the schedules, any of the other 6 teams that still have to play one of those 3, I adjusted their district records to show wins over them and I put the other remaining opponents out to the side.

Done alphabetically...

Vidor...4-2...Port Neches-Groves and Port Arthur Memorial

Normally 5-3 would get you in but we could have a log jam at 5-3 so the for sure magic number is 6...

Vidor would be 5-1, not 4-2.

Done alphabetically...

Vidor...5-1...Port Neches-Groves and Port Arthur Memorial

Now that I've corrected my standings...

Port Neches-Groves 8-0 (Division 2, #1 Seed) vs ???

Vidor 6-2 (Division 2, #2 Seed) vs Crosby

Port Arthur Memorial 6-2 (Division 1, #1 Seed) vs New Caney Porter

Beaumont Central 5-3 (Division 1, #2 Seed) vs New Caney 

Nederland 5-3

Lumberton 3-5

I need to know where I can find a Pirate shirt because I am a fan of theirs the rest of the season :):):):):):):):)

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Now that I've corrected my standings...

Port Neches-Groves 8-0 (Division 2, #1 Seed) vs ???

Vidor 6-2 (Division 2, #2 Seed) vs Crosby

Port Arthur Memorial 6-2 (Division 1, #1 Seed) vs New Caney Porter

Beaumont Central 5-3 (Division 1, #2 Seed) vs New Caney 

Nederland 5-3

Lumberton 3-5

I need to know where I can find a Pirate shirt because I am a fan of theirs the rest of the season :):):):):):):):)

I agree with this

man I don't see vidor beating memorial, they proved they can throw the ball, they made us work for every point, I don't know. Im not gonna sell PAM short just off their performance against us. Vidor is vidor they control the ground and eat the clock. That front of PAM if they can spread out and play disciplined defense I think they can shut vidor down or slow them down I should say. The key is turnovers PAM cannot afford to turn the ball over like last year.  Im taking PAM!

22 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

So you think Vidor beats PAM or PNG, which one? Gotta beat both to get to 6-2

Vidors actual current record is 3-1.  I'm predicting they will lose to the Indians this coming Friday but will beat the Lions, the Ganders and the Titans.  If that happens, they go 6-2. 

All Central would have to do is beat the Raiders, the Lions and the Ganders.  If the Jaguars lose to the Indians, they'll be 5-3 and if they beat the Indians, they'll finish at 6-2.  Just in case you forgot so quickly, we now own the head to head tiebreaker with the Bulldogs as long as it's not a 3 way tie with Vidor.

The Bulldogs will beat the Panthers and the Raiders.  Their playoff lives will come down to MCM which I'm predicting the Indians to get the W putting the Dogs at 5-3.

Png could possibly lose to Vidor or Nederland or both. If we basing things off performances of last night and the season, Vidor should score at will against png and eat clock keeping png off the field like how they beat pam and nearly beat png last year. Png run defense is probably the worst in district. Vidor is top running offense. Throw records out the window come png vs Nederland in Nederland. Nederland defense is probably second in district. Rivalry games can go either way 

4 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Png could possibly lose to Vidor or Nederland or both. If we basing things off performances of last night and the season, Vidor should score at will against png and eat clock keeping png off the field like how they beat pam and nearly beat png last year. Png run defense is probably the worst in district. Vidor is top running offense. Throw records out the window come png vs Nederland in Nederland. Nederland defense is probably second in district. Rivalry games can go either way 

Good points, except I think Vidor and Nederland are pretty close defensively. Vidor’s only downfall is pass defense which hasn’t really been tested much this year. Next few weeks will tell the tale