Can we go one game without.....

L-Train11

Somebody complaining about the refs?? I mean, seriously, it’s getting ridiculous on here reading some of these threads. There are good and bad calls in every single game. Believe it or not sometimes your team DOES commit penalties. Wow, imagine that. And believe it or not sometimes the refs do make bad calls, both ways. 

Rant over.

4 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Somebody complaining about the refs?? I mean, seriously, it’s getting ridiculous on here reading some of these threads. There are good and bad calls in every single game. Believe it or not sometimes your team DOES commit penalties. Wow, imagine that. And believe it or not sometimes the refs do make bad calls, both ways. 

Rant over.

Well someone earlier said that the refs are usually only involved when it comes to mid-county teams and from what I've seen so far the last couple of years it seems to be the case. When we lost to Vidor last year not a single person mentioned the refs at all as the reason we lost. Yet before we played either Mid-county team this year everyone was aware of the potential swing in penalties in their favor. The Nederland game had some terrible calls but what I saw tonight was not only obvious but darn near criminal. How fitting that every bad call in this game happened to be in the Indians favor. Oh well, nothing I or anyone else says can change what happened. It was a good game and everyone got their moneys worth I just wish that yellow cloth didn't land on the field every other play for the Titans.

6 hours ago, The Goat said:

I'd like to say yes but  14 to 3 is strange to say the  least. Even  if all 14 are legit  the 3 doesn't  sit well with me. J/S

Like I posted earlier, standing on the sidelines gave me an up close view of the game. I would say most if not all were legit penalties. A couple of those flags could have been kept in pocket, didn't really help play.

I agree, a few more flags probably should have been thrown against PN-G.

I have seen PAM three times this season. The Titans are penalized a lot more than there opponents.

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

If the refs aren’t blamed...or if the coaches aren’t blamed...then the blame would fall on the kids.  

No possible way it could be the kids fault. That’s crazy talk.

So to answer the original question.  No.

I’ve heard it said that coaches get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’ve heard it said that coaches get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

That’s more true than you know.  I honestly think the outcome of a game is about 20% because of coaching.  Or less.  The rest is purely based on the talent of your team or the talent of the other team.

Sorry.  Pardon the bluntness but it has pretty much everything to do with the kids.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

That’s more true than you know.  I honestly think the outcome of a game is about 20% because of coaching.  Or less.  The rest is purely based on the talent of your team or the talent of the other team.

Sorry.  Pardon the bluntness but it has pretty much everything to do with the kids.

I agree 110%. Poor coaching can hurt a team and good coaching can help a team, but in the end the players have to execute the gameplan no matter how good or bad it may be.

6 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Penalties-yards      Lcm    10-90 Sils6-29. I just didn’t like how they wave the flag off for the tigers and they kept throwing them on my Bears lol

Those were blatant flags...  Those were about 4 false starts on your Bears.  But didn't matter.  Y'all still got the first downs when y'all were 1 and forever in the big play...

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Those were blatant flags...  Those were about 4 false starts on your Bears.  But didn't matter.  Y'all still got the first downs when y'all were 1 and forever in the big play...

Yeah those false starts were irritating. We have a lot to work on. Yeah our Qb has good feet and likes to scramble. With winters and Douglas in the back field it’s hard to single one of them out.

3 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Yeah those false starts were irritating. We have a lot to work on. Yeah our Qb has good feet and likes to scramble. With winters and Douglas in the back field it’s hard to single one of them out.

I don't know...  Kids looked like they just wasn't interested in tackling anyone that wore a Green jersey..

8 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Yeah y’all defense did miss a lot of tackles. It will get better man. I just don’t see silsbee not making the playoffs

We'll make the playoffs just based on who's in the district 4 teams advancing. Out of 6.  Remember, Navasota made it last year and I believe y'all and Navasota made it in with a losing record...

Tackling was our downfall.  Two long scores with flags waved off for my Tigers was unusual.  I did see what one was for and it would have been a block in the back. It was waved off correctly as we had one player block the player from the front knocking him into the one that the flag was thrown for.  I did see a few obvious holds not thrown but nothing out of the ordinary.

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

We'll make the playoffs just based on who's in the district 4 teams advancing. Out of 6.  Remember, Navasota made it last year and I believe y'all and Navasota made it in with a losing record...

We were 5-5 last yearand ended up losing the playoff game going 5-6 on the season. Only district losses were to silsbee and BC we beat the rest in our district for 3 rd place. By no means I think it’s good. We are consistaint 5-5 program and I’d like that to change. Navasota went 2-9 though.

6 hours ago, PAT409 said:

Well someone earlier said that the refs are usually only involved when it comes to mid-county teams and from what I've seen so far the last couple of years it seems to be the case. When we lost to Vidor last year not a single person mentioned the refs at all as the reason we lost. Yet before we played either Mid-county team this year everyone was aware of the potential swing in penalties in their favor. The Nederland game had some terrible calls but what I saw tonight was not only obvious but darn near criminal. How fitting that every bad call in this game happened to be in the Indians favor. Oh well, nothing I or anyone else says can change what happened. It was a good game and everyone got their moneys worth I just wish that yellow cloth didn't land on the field every other play for the Titans.

Really? 

Then you explain to me the play before the end of the half when Pam is out of timeouts near the goal line. Pam coaches storm the field, where they stayed all night, the Ref stops the clock and goes to talk to the Pam coach. 

What good reason was there to stop the clock? 

Did the Titans have a timeout? NO

Was a player injured? NO

Was their an official timeout for ball placement? Or chain measurement? NO AND NO

I'll wait for your answer... Maybe there is some reason beyond referee incompetence or "gaming the clock" that I don't know of