Beaumont Central 21 Nederland 17/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

Don't think officials can't determine the outcome of a game!  Legit or otherwise.

I was referring to the game being over, then all of a sudden, a rekick, and more football.  But yes old buddy, seeing as many games as I have, I've seen a bad Ref call determine an undeserved win, because it happened on a two point conversion right at the end.  Just human error, or biased, I can't say, but it does happen occasionally.  

But in fairness to the Officials, we wouldn't have the games without them, so we have to take the good with the bad.

52 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Pretty simple, Central was offside, Ned block in back, offsetting.  Penalty numbers and yardage were about even.  Ned grossly outgained Central and had about double the 1st downs.  Hats off to The Jags for finding a way to win.

Yes, it was a legit offside call at the end.  They threw a bunch both ways.  I actually felt the refs called a pretty even game.  Most of ours were unsportsmanlike 15 yarders, I think 3 of them.

47 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Yes, it was a legit offside call at the end.  They threw a bunch both ways.  I actually felt the refs called a pretty even game.  Most of ours were unsportsmanlike 15 yarders, I think 3 of them.

I agree, it takes away from effort of the boys when people blame outcomes on the refs.  The vast, vast majority of outcomes have nothing to do with officiating, it truly is the cry of people who don't know what it takes to be a winner. 

35 minutes ago, DogDad2 said:

Dogs have become very one dimensional the last couple of weeks. No passing game. Not going to be competitive with any teams in this district if they know all they have to do is key on the run...

Last night the run game was beating Central.  Going to the pass is why I think we lost.  Until they stop the run, SHOVE IT DOWN THEIR THROAT!!!   More screens, swing passes, play action.  I believe will be fine but I sure wish we could have pulled this one out.  

19 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

That 2013 Nederland team we played against was Lethal. Preston White, Kendrick Hopkins, Deshawn Washington, Sage Seay, and most infamously Colton Kimler.

Eh, they were okay, that Nederland 2012 team was the truth, held #4 ranking in the state that year and knocked off #1 pearland Dawson. 2011-2015 was good stuff for us Nederland fans lol